• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park books; read anything good lately?

Just received Smoke and Mirrors for Christmas so I will be sharing my thoughts on it soon!

Edit: Finished reading it. It was amazing! I learned a lot from the book, such as how the moving book works (gear wheel attached to a motor via a belt). I also learnt that the demon in the screaming heads room was meant to be in the swamp finale, and much more! This is probably my favourite theme park book that I have read so far.

Last edited:
Think this fits here.

Building a Dream - The story of the LEGO House.

A great book that tells the story of construction of the LEGO House in Billund.

Mostly pictures and some fascinating information as well as lots of details that can be missed upon a visit.

If you'd like to own this book then you need to take a holiday to Billund and visit the Lego House to pick it up. Not that such a thing would be bad!

5005584-1.jpg

I would like some recommendations please because I think that it would be interesting to learn more about scare attractions than I do already.

I would like some recommendations please because I think that it would be interesting to learn more about scare attractions than I do already.
There are a few that I know of, yes.

You may already know of Smoke & Mirrors, which is a book about the original Haunted House at Alton Towers. Disney also have a book about Phantom Manor at DLP, and a Haunted Mansion book which covers all the different versions of the ride.

Disney also have a book about Phantom Manor at DLP, and a Haunted Mansion book which covers all the different versions of the ride.
Thanks! I will look up those books later! 😃

Thanks! I will look up those books later! 😃
The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic is available on Amazon. The Phantom Manor book was previously available on shopDisney when it launched, but now I think is only available from DLP (unless you are prepared to pay more for it on eBay).

5BCF54A1-B6F7-4A8C-9D51-43780F3861F1.jpeg

This is one of my favourite books ever. I had a copy as a kid & would read it religiously, even though I’d never been a to a theme park at that stage.

It got lost but my sister recently surprised me with a copy - I dip into it from time to time to see what Arrows remain & which woodies have been RMC converted.

'Theme Park Design: Behind the Scenes With an Engineer' by Steve Alcorn is a wonderful book which I have read multiple times, but have just remembered to mention in this thread.

Just read 'Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story' by Nick Sim (author of Tales from the Towers)
It was brilliant! I learned a lot from the book, especially considering the fact that I didn't know much about it before I read the book.

Just read 'Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story' by Nick Sim (author of Tales from the Towers)
It was brilliant! I learned a lot from the book, especially considering the fact that I didn't know much about it before I read the book.
Nick Sim's books are brilliant!

Have you read Tales from the Towers? If not, I'd thoroughly recommend it!