• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017

Leah

TS Member
Suprised no one's said anything about this yet, but it looks like thorpe are planing something.
2016-07-06%2019.40.06_zpsenzq6pog.jpg

Also, when I visited on Saturday there were "the island is changing" fences up around the paths near slammer (which seems to be closed more often than not now, possibly suggesting that thorpe are looking to replace it). Didn't get photos of it, but I'm not sure I was in a good state of consiousness after juwt coming off samurai, saw and colossus :p

Thoughts?

That is just logger's leap site so nothing that big. Expect 2017 will be reopening of ranger country with loggers leap having the upgrade

I wasn't sure whether to take the signs and the map as a confirmation of any new ride or rather just a place holder/excuse for the closure of Loggers Leap.

With how big DBGT is, I'd imagine that they'll milk off that for 2/3 years before adding anything else. Retheme for Loggers is all I'd expect.

And knowing how random Thorpe are, it'll probably be sponsored by Cillit Bang.

I thought originally that this can only be somthing small, but then I remembered that it's thorpe. This really could be anything. They seem to have added something new nearly every year for a while, and some major investments have opened just a year or two apart (colossus: 2001, inferno: 2002). Its an area where quite a few rides are closed and looks like one that will be developed on at some point.

Not saying we will see a world class new coaster or anything (I doubt it will be high budget after the £30 million spent on ghost train), but I'm not convinced that it will just be to cover up loggers leap. Probably a little too early to speculate right now though.

You wont see anything like the capital investment Thorpe had from 2001-2006 again, the park was being transformed from a family park with a limited ride line-up into a major thrill park.

2017 will be a small investment year and unlikely to get much more than loggers reopening with a theme refresh.

It's to cover up Loggers being closed, nothing else...

Knowing Thorpe we'd only end up with some awful IP related attraction again anyway...

Indeed, this appears to merely relate to the current closure of Loggers Leap. Will it re-open again in 2017? Who knows, I'd like to think so.

The years between major CAPEX projects at Thorpe do tend to be pretty dire; Storm Surge, Angry Birds, I'm a Celebrity etc.

:)