• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park - Annual Pass Day (Sat 15th March 2014) TR

Coaster

TS Member
Thorpe Park Annual Pass Day - Saturday 15th March 2014
Advertised opening time: 10am - 4pm (They extended to 5pm!)
Time in Park: 12:00 - 5:00pm
Rides Closed (all day): Slammer, Samurai, Zodiac.

RIDECOUNT:
The Swarm x5
Nemesis Inferno x4
Stealth x1
Colossus x1
X x1 (Love the changes!)
Saw x1
Rumba Rapids x1

Very good day, there were a few issues but it's to be expected on the first day of the season. I avoided the flats as they were either running poorly or closed, Rush in particular looked rubbish.

We experienced a hilarious breakdown on The Swarm, on the first break run it virtually ground to a halt and we were left hanging off the last corner (we were in row 2), it was quite funny!

Saw was running absolutely dire, no better than it was at the end of last season.

The park seemed to have a really good, relaxed atmosphere today. Music wise it could have been better though - I was rather hoping for the entrance music back! Also, the Canada Creek playlist wasn't playing (playing some random jungle sounds instead) so that area lacked the feel it usually has. WTTP radio also seemed to be less songs, more adverts so I'm not sure if they are being a bit stingy with the royalties?

Overall it was a brilliant day even with the flaws, the park wasn't very busy and I was very impressed that they extended to 5pm.

I saw Zodiac running yesterday when we walked past on the way to Colossus.

I have to agree that the park was good yesterday. Short queues, extended ride close, most things open. There was also a notable absence of the usual Thorpe chavs :)

Amy said:
I saw Zodiac running yesterday when we walked past on the way to Colossus.

I have to agree that the park was good yesterday. Short queues, extended ride close, most things open. There was also a notable absence of the usual Thorpe chavs :)
I think that the absence of said chavs was what made the day better to be honest.
I didn't see Zodiac operate, maybe they tested it once or something.

Great day yesterday.

Swarm x4
Inferno x3
Saw x2
Stealth
Colossus
Rapids
Rush
Quantum
X
Detonator

:)