• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park TR 24-3-13

Myself and 2 friends decided to visit TP yesterday. After a rather treturous drive down to the wrong side of the Watford Gap to pick Dan up, we headed to the T5 travelodge, where some alcoholic refreshments were consumed before bed. The next morning after a slight snow fall in the night, we headed to TP. The car park was almost deserted. I sorted my AP out and headed to the Swarm to meet Dan and Evie who had already gone into the park. From this point we stayed together for the day, despite the bitter cold and the rather rude snow flurrys that came every now and then, we had an enjoyable day (us and about 4 lears of clothes each)

X was closed of course due to the renovation, while Collossus, Saw and Rush failed to even test due to the conditions. To the parks credit, they did really well at keeping the rest of the park open up until around 4pm at which point a decission was made to close most of the rides and offer a free return ticket for any day of the season up until Fright Nights, so in effect, the money we had paid went to the next visit, meaning all todays rides were free! That very quickly took the wind out of my sails, given it had not IMO got any colder that it was eariler in the day. However, with the Swarm breaking down, leaving only Stealth and Nemesis Inferno in terms of coasters to deal with the entire park (both on 1 train) they maybe thought that was asking too much, and it would avoid a length line of people at guest services if they offered the return tickets.

They did also give people the option to stay on park and enjoy what was still open, bizzarly this included all 5 water rides and a few flats.

We clocked up a respectable ride count anyway, and enjoyed plenty of food and hot drinks throughout the day and are now looking forward to a free return (for Dan and Evie at least!) at a warmer time!

Ride Count:
Swarm x2 (one of each direction)
Inferno x4
Stealth x5
Slammer
Loggers x3
Depth Charge x3
Storm Surge x2
Vortex
Detonator x2
Rapids
Quantum

I didn't bother with any more than 4 pictures due to the faff involved taking out my camera and removing my gloves to work it, that was far too much effort in that kind of temperature.

Ash