• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tips for Energylandia trip

Itgoeshowhigh

TS Member
Hello.

So it’s my 50th birthday this year and really fancy a trip to Energylandia. However, I’m a bit nervous, havnt been abroad for over 20 years, don’t even have a passport at the moment. Complete newby to travelling. And quite an anxious person!

It’ll be me and my 2 (teenage) kids. So no other adults to hold my hand and guide me.

Any tips, any advice?

I’m guessing I simply ;
Book flights
Book acccomadation
Book tickets to park

Questions - prices, I take it the prices on their website are zloti
How do you pay for stuff abroad, cash? Card? Do debit cards work abroad?

Anything else I need to think about?

Someone help me “adult” please

Hi visited in 2021 and the park allowed debit cards for everything. I didn't even take any Polish money with me. They did take Polish money in the shops as well.

The prices are in zloti on the website.

I visited the park this summer and used a Starling Card to pay for everything on park. I did get some Zloty out to use when I went in to Krakow though but most big shops took cards. To get to Zator you just get an Uber from Krakow airport, it takes 40 mins and it cost about £35 IIRC.

Western Camp in Zator is a very popular place to stay, it’s takes less than 20 mins to walk to the park entrance (or a free land train!) and there’s a McDonalds and a Netto supermarket that is great for stocking up on supplies. There’s plenty of other accommodation in Zator, have a look on Booking.com and Expedia.

You could also consider adding on a visit to Legendia theme park (home of the mighty Lech coaster) over in Katowice. Energylandia run busses from Katowice to Zator so that’s one option. As for Energylandia tickets you can book them in advance from the website or I believe that you can buy them at a slight discount from some accommodation in Zator (such as Western Camp).

When you get on to the park make sure to use the free fastpass machines to book a slot for one ride on each of Zadra, Hyperion, Mayan, and Abyssus.
https://energylandia.pl/en/promocje/fast-pass-fast-entry/

I’m guessing I simply ;
Book flights
Book acccomadation
Book tickets to par
Id always suggest getting decent travel insurance too, just go on a comparison site and put it all the info. As long as you've got good insurance they'll help you if something goes wrong. Takes the anxious bit away a little.

I'd apply for a Starling card. Then you don't need to worry about exchange fees from your bank. I'd also check if your bank wants to know if you're going abroad (NatWest will lock my credit card if I don't put in the app what countries it'll be used in)

I'd recommend creating something like a Google Sheet to keep the details in. Easy to refer to from your phone.

I usually check park calendar, then flights, then hire car, then accommodation. When booking, usually book flights, accom, car then park one after the other on the same day.

Get travel insurance for each person, also apply for a GHIC card to cover treatment costs abroad. Me and @MattyH had a fun trip to a hospital in Tarragona and the GHIC was the only proof they wanted and we were charged nothing.

Do you drive? Polish hire cars are cheap as chips but some roads are tolls (Google Maps can be set to route you round them) We did Legendia and Energylandia okay, but if you visit Zatorland (which I recommend) be aware there is 0 English spoken at all.

Our Trip Report when we went. Was also 2021, we actually ended up bumping into @John_P on park by coincidence.

I usually check park calendar, then flights, then hire car, then accommodation. When booking, usually book flights, accom, car then park one after the other on the same day.
this is great advice as it can get overwhelming if you put things off and forget but if you sort everything at once then it gives you room to adjust if there's any issues further down the line.

i recommend going on their halloween night. there's a cheap bus (that you can buy tickets for on their website) from krakow (and other places in the nearby vicinity) to energylandia if you wanted to stay further afield and take the kids around krakow or perhaps a visit to auschwitz, etc. the bus gets there for park open and then leaves at various times throughout the day with the last being after park close at about 2215 or something. great atmosphere at halloween, free scare mazes, minimal queues for all rides (i never queued more than 15 minutes besides the scare mazes) and 70% of people dress up for it.

it's such an easy park to do and was my first in starting a coaster journey after only really having been to alton towers (but loving it) at 13 and then a few times after. i've been twice now and as people above say it's even simpler if you book accomodation in zator.

if not a starling card, consider monzo. i use this and never had any problems and don't take any cash with me.

Fab info everyone, thankyou.

Added; health insurance, starling card and GHIC cards to my list of stuff to sort.

Thinking of having 4 full days in the park. There just looks like there’s so much to do.

Wasn’t going to bother with Legendia, looks like a weird park, but maybe we should. Do you think that’s something that can be squeezed into a few hours somewhere.

I do drive, can’t decide whether to hire a car or not. Once in Zator everything seems to be there on the doorstep.

Planning on going beginning of July when the kids finish their respective GCSEs/A levels.

Thoroughly enjoyed the trip report Poisson.

Off to research what on earth a starling card is…

4 days seems slightly excessive unless you like a drink (or 3!).

Starling card is a bank account with Starling bank.

Check https://queue-times.com/parks they have a crowd calendar which seems to provide a fairly accurate idea of how busy a park will be on any given date.

Legendia is a small park and if quiet is doable in half a day but has Lech a Vekoma rollercoaster that is held in high regard.

Hope this information helps you make decisions or introduces further headaches 😂

You wouldn't need a full day Legendia. It's a strange place but worth going to for Lech alone. However the new rapids and dark ride are both great fun. If you fly into or out of Katowice Airport you could easily head there for a few hours.

When I went we got season passes which allowed for greater flexibility over the week we were in the area had 3/4 of a day when we arrived, then another 2 full days at the park. Had a day to visit Minitaur Park, Zatorland, and the salt mines. And a day to visit Auschwitz and then the afternoon/evening in Krakow.
The day we visited Legendia it opened in the afternoon so we spent a good few hours at Energylandia first. And popped in for a few hours on the last day before heading the airport.

Try not to over complicate things, it's a pretty straightforward trip.

Book flights first and build around that. Booking.com is great for accommodation with free cancellation.

If you're flying to Katowice then Legendia is very easy to do. Bit of a trek though if you're going to Krakow.

We did Energylandia in a day and a half. Could have made it out to 2 but the park was quiet.

As @RicketyCricket says, keep it simple. The trips me and Matt do are simple with options in the area for if we have some spare time unexpectedly.

We booked the shed through Booking.com. If you want it even easier, have a look on the Ibis website (avoid the Ibis Budget brand though) They all as far as I have seen have 24 hour check in, most have parking and all have spoken some degree of English on the front desk.

A simple core structure of this is how we get to and from Airport to Parks and Accomodation is the best way to plan.

Poland was our first trip abroad too so we were a bit apprehensive about things we do confidently now.

Google Translate app is good for helping communication and has a feature where you can point your phone camera at something and it will translate.

Energylandia has lots of food outlets and there's a McDonald's not far from the park too, an advantage of McDonald's self service is you can change the language and order in English.