• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tivoli, Copenhagen

Rupert

TS Member
Hi all,

I'm heading to Copenhagen this week with a few friends and so naturally will be popping into Tivoli whilst we're there (but not Bakken alas).

I've been trying to work out ticketing from the website and not finding it particularly clear. Do we need to buy general entrance tickets and then te ride wristbands? Is it worth buying the unlimited wristbands if going there mostly because of the coasters? Does anyone know if we buy the Copenhagen pass that comes with Tivoli entrance, I presume we need to buy a ride pass on top of this?

Would appreciate any help, thanks!

Tivoli has separate entry and ride tickets, a la Blackpool...

It's worth a wristband to go on Rusty Banana numerous times, plus the Funhouse, Air Race and Vertigo being a few other stand-outs in there...

Dunno about the Copenhagen pass, but I would assume you'd still need to get a ride wristband/tickets...

Also, be glad you're not going to Bakken, it's dreadful...

Not really much to add to Benzin's great answer, just to say, be sure to do Rusty Banana back row, it is insane! (But keep your elbows in at all times :S ) Vertigo is also amazing, I miss that ride so much!

Bakken can go to hell!

Thanks all!

We did indeed get the unlimited ride pass which was £31 - it definitely makes sense to do this when the general entrance is the equivalent of £10 and the bigger rides (so coasters and major flats) are £7.50 each (!). Repeat rides on Rutschebanen alone makes it worth it - the back row possibly has the most sustained airtime of any coaster I've ridden which was a great surprise - a true gem of a coaster and due to the manual braking each ride is of course a little different. Daemonen was good fun but not particularly memorable - it was my first time on a B&M floorless and felt that the lack of floor didn't really add anything (we didn't do front row though). The fun house was amazing.

Must say it's a really beautiful park - despite being in the city centre it was all very detached from everything (until on some of the high rides - the star flyer had great views too) and everything seemed kept really well - rides, theming, lights and foliage. Really great to be able to just pop in, especially with such generous opening hours (12-11pm) - because of this you can easily spend close to a full day exploring the city before heading to the park.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Rupert, and that Rutschebanen is still throwing you up a few feet on back row :D. Did you do Vertigo at all or was that not your sort of thing?

I would have but alas it was vetoed by the three others I was with and didn't fancy it on my own, same with the air race :( Vertigo certainly looked completely ridiculous though - even when arriving at the station the cars would generally be doing some slow barrel rolls or just be completely upside down! Most of our time in the park was on Rutschebanen, Daemonen, and the S&S tower but also tried the Mack powered and the Tivoli Small (with 6-7 laps!), the Star Flyer and the Breakdance. Alas the floating mine-themed shooter dark ride was broken down and they couldn't seem to work out why. It's a great park to just slowly wander around though, and the food places looked good too.