• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Top Ten Parks You Most Want to Visit

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
I'm not sure if this will take off but just an idea I had. We've all been to different parks and have a thread for your top ten parks, but which parks that you have not been to would you like to visit the most and why?
  1. Disneyland, USA - the original theme park, the place where it all began. Without this park you have to wonder just how different the theme park industry would be today. As a Disney and theme park fan this is where I want to go the most.
  2. Tokyo DisneySea, Japan - you only need to look at photos to see just how stunning this park is. Probably the best themed park in the world, it's the product of Disney imagineering at it's best combined with a tonne of money from OLC.
  3. Cedar Point, USA - the coaster capital of the world, need I say any more? With so many world renowned coasters and with the addition of an RMC in 2018 seeming increasingly more likely this place appears to be a thrill seekers heaven.
  4. Dollywood, USA - I've always thought that Dollywood looks the closest park in the USA to Europa-Park. Not only that but the location in the Great Smokey Mountain is stunning and they have Lightning Rod.
  5. Six Flags Magic Mountain, USA - here because of the sheer amount coasters; X2, Tatsu and Twisted Colossus are enough to make me want to visit though.
  6. Fuji-Q Highland, Japan - probably not the best park in the world but known for it's totally mental coasters. Who wouldn't want to try out Dodonpa, Eejanaika, Fujiyama and Takabisha? Plus Great Fluffy Sky Adventure has to be one of the best coaster names in the world.
  7. Efteling, Netherlands - this is probably the biggest European park that is easily accessible from the UK that I have not yet been to. A great reputation and despite a stand out coaster there looks like plenty to do. Symbolica next year only helps with that.
  8. Shanghai Disneyland, China - this Disney magic kingdom park is rather different to the rest which immediately makes it very interesting. I'd rather wait a bit as I feel it needs some more development before being worthy of a visit but it certainly looks good.
  9. Hersheypark, USA - another American park with a great coaster lineup but the most appealing aspect of this park is Skyrush; regarded as one of the best coasters in the world I need to ride it!
  10. Mirabilandia, Italy - I found it tough choosing what would come in at number ten but I have gone for Mirabilandia mainly because of Katun and iSpeed which look to me like two of the top coasters in Europe.
I also really want to visit Kolmarden sometime soon for Wildfire but did not feel that the park was substantal enough (as a theme/amusement park) to warrant a place on my list.

I look forward to seeing which parks you all want to visit the most!

:)

Tokyo DisneySea, Japan
- you only need to look at photos to see just how stunning this park is. Probably the best themed park in the world, it's the product of Disney imagineering at it's best combined with a tonne of money from OLC.

Having been to TDS yesterday, I can say it's without a doubt the best themed park I've ever seen. It's also now my no.1 park - I think it's even better than Europa-Park!!

My list:

1) Walt Disney World (all parks)
2) Cedar Point
3) Shanghai Disneyland
4) Disneyland California (both parks)
5) Disneyland Paris (both parks)
6) Liseberg
7) PortAventura
8) Six Flags Great Adventure
9) Mirabilandia
10) Holiday Park

Reactions: Rob
1. Ferrari World
2. Hong Kong Disney
3. Shanghai Disneyland
4. Kings Island
5. Canadas Wonderland
6. Everland
7. Holiday World
8. China Dinosaur Park
9. Cinecitta World
10. Ai Poppi

Reactions: Rob
I'm not gonna include parks that I haven't been to, but likely to visit, so here's my wishlist:

1. Tokyo Disney (both parks)
2. Disneyland (California; both parks)
3. Magic Mountain
4. Dollywood
5. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
6. Cedar Point
7. Kings Island
8. Universal Japan
9. Fuji-Q-Highland
10. Six Flags Great America

Last edited:
Difficult list. I'm going to go for the following:

1) Cedar Point - coaster capital of the world after/ahead of SFMM (which I've been to), but has a much more esteemed lineup.
2) Tokyo DisneySea - best themed Disney park in the world possibly, want to see if it can beat Disney CA overall!
3) Six Flags Great Adventure - just, El Toro. And Kingda Ka. Need to.
4) Disney Shanghai - another brand new Disney park, another one that has to be tried - plus contains what now is perhaps the most stunning dark ride in the world.
5) Fuji-Q - just a simply insane lineup of coasters, Dodonpa and Eejanaika notably.
6) Dollywood - a case of a very well run, well invested-in park that happens to sit in an incredible location. And Lightning Rod!
7) Disneyland Paris - just because I've still not been, yet I've done all the Disney parks in the USA...
8) Hong Kong Disney - same as Shanghai, although looks slightly less appealing
9) Hersheypark - placed the same as in Rob's list, again for Skyrush which looks incredible.
10) Phantasialand - this park doesn't seem to attract me as much as it does others, but I suspect once I visit that will change. Now Taron's been added I feel I need to go there relatively soon.

1) Europa Park - All I see is great reviews.
2) Phantasialand - Chiapas and Taron make this look worth a visit.
3) Liseberg - Helix looks very good and the other coasters and rides make me want to visit!
4) Legoland Billund - The original (and best?) Legoland.
5) Cedar Point
6) Eftling
7) Kings Island
8) Fantasy Island - One of the UK parks I haven't visited yet.
9) M & D's - Again as above and I'd quite like to visit before it inevitably shuts down.
10) Port Adventura.

My top 10 parks I want to visit:

1/ Port Aventura
2/ Park Asterix
3/ Magic Kingdom
4/ Animal Kingdom
5/ Universal Orlando
6/ Busch Gardens
7/ Garda Land
8/ Tivoli Gardens
9/ Heide Park
10/ Grona Lund

I would have to go with..

1. Cedar Point - COASTERS!
2. Six Flags Great Adventure - A stellar line up of world class coasters
3. Universal Orlando - Wizzarding World Of Harry Potter
4. Busch Gardens Tampa - Looks a lovely park
5. Dollywood - So many unique rides I'd love to try
6. Eftling - I love me some theming
7. Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Same reason as the other Busch Gardens
8. Holiday World - The Voyage is the number 1 coaster I want to try
9. Park Asterix - Local and looks to have some great rides
10. Animal Kingdom - Cats and coasters

@Spike Busch Gardens Tampa is a really nice looking park with a good all round line up of rides and animal exhibits.

So to my 10:

1: Disneyland - it's the original and has the first ever tubular steel coaster. I just hope it has more charm than magic kingdom in Florida.
2: Europa Park - just pure indulgence into one Europe's most elaborately themed parks.
3: Hershey Park - love the history of the park and the coasters of course. Also it's the home of cookie and cream kisses :)
4: Dollywood - beautifully themed and the cinemon bread. The coaster line up is solid aswell. Also I have a guilty pleasure of Dolly Partons music.
5: Efteling - it's close to the uk, themed possibly more elaborate than Europa and the woodland setting looks stunning. Oh it also has a couple of great looking coasters.
6: Brighton Pier - only kidding, I live in Brighton.
6: Phantasialand - stunning theming on their latest creations, I've wanted to go there since I missed out on a Germany school trip back in 1993.
7: Silver Dollar City - same as Dollywood theming wise, but I love the whole Herchand group manegment of their parks. They look stunning and have a solid coaster collection.
8: Tokyo Disney (both parks) - California is much more achievable for me to get there than Japan. The whole resort looks stunning, especially Disney Sea.
9: Six Flags Magic Mountain - my mate brother went back in 1995 and gave the park map (booklet) thought the place looked amazing. Just a shame it's run by Six Flags! Would still love to go.
10: Parque Warner Madrid - got spited when I was in Madrid. The was shut when the park calendar said it should be open. This was back in 2007ish. Luckely we were told at The train station in Madrid.

1. Magic Mountain - X2, Tatsu, all set in California. Enough said.
  2. Disneyland - Disney's original masterpiece, and one that I feel I need to see in person to fully appreciate
  3. Cedar Point - No description needed.
  4. Dollywood - DOLLLLYYYYYY!!! <3 <3 <3
  5. Disney's Animal Kingdom - An interesting one which I see getting an interesting mix of reviews. Attractions aside the park looks beautiful, and right up my street.
  6. Liseberg - Fantastic mix of attraction, which I hear nothing but praise for
  7. PortAventura - One of the major European players, and still one I need to tick off
  8. Fuji-Q - Much like Cedar, a great looking selection of coasters
  9. Hong Kong Disneyland - Sod the rest of the park. Albert swung this one for me!
  10. Busch Gardens Tampa - Dem B&Ms... The rest looks alright too I guess

For me there's certainly much more appeal stateside. I know there's many other parks in Europe still to do (Heide, Garda, Tivoli, etc.), but for now I think I've done the ones I really want to, so a few of these others can move down the list a little.

10. Ai Poppi
Is there any travel insurance policy out there which covers this?!

Reactions: Dan
Didn't realise my list of places I want to go was so long, struggled to cut it down to 10, in no particular order.

1. Liseberg
2. Port Adventura - went as a kid but can't remember anything other than Dragon Khan
3. Tivoli
4. Cedar Point
5.Efteling
6. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
7. Canadas wonderland
8. Fuji-Q
9. Six Flags Magic Mountain
10. Disneyland Paris

Not so sure about number 10. Been to WDW a number of times but not made it to any of the other parks so now I always associate Florida as Disney. Not sure if a rainy cold day in Paris will have the same magic charm and cant justify the costs of any of the other locations.

In no particular order:

Fuji-Q: Some crazy, unique coasters
Cedar Point: Coaster Mecca, basically. Looks like a seven year old designed it and that's a good thing.
SFMM: As above
WDW: Probably the most famous park in the world, have to see what the fuss is about. Also the place where The Beatles were officially disbanded so as a fan I have to visit.
Disneyland: Can't really call myself an enthusiast if I don't make the pilgrimage to where it all began
DisneySea: Absolutely stunning, doesn't even look real
Dollywood: Looks like a great collection of coasters and great theming, great setting, etc
Parc Asterix: Pretty close and what seems to be some of the best coasters in Europe I've not done yet
Tivoli Gardens: SO beautiful, and has a scenic railway
Hershey: Wasn't sure on what to leave out but settled on including Hershey, mostly for Skyrush

Left out Europa as I'll be visiting later this year

New list as I've been to Ferrari World, Cinecitta World & Ai Pioppi since I last posted

1. Shanghai Disneyland
2. Hong Kong Disney
3. Kings Island
4. Canadas Wonderland
5. Everland
6. Holiday World
7. China Dinosaur Park
8. Kentucky Kingdom
9. Ocean Park
10. Energylandia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're all going to laugh at some of my top 10 want to visit list. I'm not going to include SeaWorld San Antonio, it would be on the list but I'm going for the first time in a few weeks so there's not much point in including it.

1: SeaWorld San Diego (Looks like a fantastic park, Manta & Electric Eel look fun but the marine animals are the main draw for me)
2: Cedar Point
(What can I say, coaster heaven!)
3: Six Flags Magic Mountain
(Coaster heaven but it doesn't look as nice as Cedar Point :p)
4: Carowinds
(Fury 325 looks brilliant as do a few of their other rides)
5: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom
(They have some great rides but the newly opened Killer Whale breeding centre is what I'm really interested in.)
6: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
(It will probably be the last major SWP&E park that I visit, coaster collection is fantastic!)
7: Marineland Ontario
(They have a pretty interesting looking coaster, but they have the largest Beluga Whale programme of any zoological park on the planet. Despite their far from perfect track record, they do seem to be improving.)
8: Canada's Wonderland
(Leviathan looks kick ass, as does Behemoth)
9: Sea World Gold Coast
(I've always loved the look of their Bottlenose Dolphin facility, Jet Rescue also looks super fun)
10: Phantasialand
(Taron, Black Mamba, Talocan and Chiapas look brilliant!)

NB: regarding Chimelong Ocean Kingdom and Marineland Ontario, just because I want to visit and take a look does not mean I endorse absolutely everything they do :)

Last edited:
New list as I've been to Hong Kong Disney, Shanghai Disney & Ocean Park since I last posted

1. Kings Island
2. Holiday World
3. Kentucky Kingdom
4. Everland
5. Canadas Wonderland
6. Knight Valley
7. Energylandia
8. China Dinosaur Park
9. Happy Valley Beijing
10. Joyland

I have quite a few parks I'd like to visit, some of them are a bit nearer than the parks you guys want to visit, but bear in mind I counted and I only have 39 coaster credits, so here goes. Also, these aren't necessarily in order.
1) Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Because of all the historical rides and the UK's tallest coaster. Although I would want to visit in 2018 or after because of Icon.
2) Europa Park - Because of all the praise it's gotten by everyone on this forum and all the awards it's gotten. It just looks like the perfect balance of theming and thrill rides.
3) Phantasialand - For the same sort of reasons as Europa Park. Also, Taron looks insane and this Wuzeball credit you all talk about sounds intriguing, even though I don't actually know which cred it is.
4) Efteling - This place just sort of looks like Disney that isn't Disney with a couple of thrill rides, if you guys get what I mean. That's a great combination to have!
5) Toverland - Because it looks like a much smaller Europa or Phantasialand, which is a good thing.
6) Magic Kingdom - Because it's the world's most visited theme park and because it's Disney. I don't actually know why we've been to Florida 3 times and never visited this park. Although it's quite likely that we'll revisit next year, as we will probably repeat our bi-yearly trip to Florida and my parents have said they want to go all Disney this time.
7) Disney's Hollywood Studios - Because of Tower of Terror. And Rock'n'Rollercoaster. So basically for all the things I was too scared to ride at Walt Disney Studios in 2011 before I was an enthusiast.
8) Cedar Point - Because of coasters, coasters and more coasters!
9) Six Flags Magic Mountain - Same as above.
10) Disneyland (California) - Because it's the theme park that started all theme parks.

1. Cedar Point - Coaster heaven. Maverick, TTD, Millennium Force and soon to be Steel Vengeance are very high on my bucket list.
2. Europa Park - Looks a beautiful park, gets overwhelming praise from virtually all who visit.
3. Busch Gardens Williamsburg - See above, but with more coasters. Also Busch Gardens in Tampa is my favourite park.
4. Phantasialand - Taron, Black Mamba, Chiapas, Talocan, and F.L.Y. Theming looks unreal also.
5. DisneySea - Looks stunning, best theming in the world as well as Journey to the Center of the Earth.
6. Liseberg - Helix, as well as a great setting.
7. Six Flags Magic Mountain - See Cedar Point. X2 and Twisted Colossus are strong selling points.
8. Dollywood - Great setting, great theming and a great looking coaster collection too, especially Lightning Rod.
9. Six Flags Great Adventure - El Toro. The rest of the park looks good too.
10. Disneyland (California) - Has to be done, the park that started it all.