• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers View Hotel?

Blizzard

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Gotta be Oblivion tbh!
Right well basically, I've had this idea resounding in my head for ages now.

We know quite well that the park desperately needs new accommodation, so I pondered the options available for this and though of the perfect scenario as if there were no boundaries;

What if you could wake up to a view of the towers? What if you were right by the entrance? what if this hotel could feel magical?

Disney has the solution, when you look at Disneyland Paris, the main hotel is located over the entrance plaza, and doubles up as a ticket booths & turnstiles. A Similar technique could be used on towers street, which in pretty much every way would enhance the over all visual appeal of the park with Victorian architecture along with spires etc, but not so big that it demeans the towers and causes planning issues.

The only issues with this are

a) the current entrance building would have to be demolished.
b) part of towers street would need redesigning.
c) planning consent would be difficult to come by.

So when you think of the ideal "magical" scenario, then try to work that into what you have making compromises along the way, I feel you get something truly unique and essence of escapism.

But just imagine going to bed knowing the theme park and towers are just a small distance away, and drawing the curtains in the morning to a beautiful view of the towers and lake, in a classically decorated Victorian style room. How exciting would that feel?

Just thought i'd through that out there as I really do feel that it is something, that in an ideal world, would be perfect for Alton Towers Resort.

:D

Your primary issue would be Towers Street is built on a part of the park with a very low height limit, it's close to Farley village. They would be unlikely to get permission for a building big enough to accommodate a hotel at that side of the park.

The reason the hotels are at the back is that side of the park is away from historic parts of the park and easily hidden from the local villages.