• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet European Cup: Playoff 3

Top 5 Scandinavia coasters

• Thundercoaster

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jetline

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Balder

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Twister

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Juvelen

• Lisebergbanan

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Piraten

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Helix

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Wildfire

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Daemonen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
And so we enter week 2 of the competition for another two rounds of regional playoffs. This time we're off to the Nordic countries, and as before, 10 rides enter, five rides leave, and you have five votes each. It was very difficult to just pick 10 coasters, especially after the first two groups where there seemed to have been heavy bias towards rides people had been on, so I've tried to go for a selection that people will be broadly familiar with while still being pretty diverse in style. Again, next closed season we'll have a much bigger pool. So without further ado, here in a randomised order are the coasters competing in this group!

Thundercoaster, TusenFryd

Jetline, Grona Lund

Balder, Liseberg

Twister, Grona Lund

Juvelen, Djurs Sommerland

Lisebergbanan, Liseberg

Piraten, Djurs Sommerland

Helix, Liseberg

Wildfire, Kolmarden Zoo

Daemonen, Tivoli Gardens

I think that the Tivoli scenic railway should be included in this. It’s a really fun ride and I’d actually put it ahead of Daemonen and maybe even, dare I say it, about on a par with Balder!

Soooooo. Not quite as tough for me to call as the 4th playoff however still quite difficult!

1. Helix *
2. Lisebergbananaramabanan *
3. Wildfire
4. Balder *
5. Piraten

6. Twister
7. Jetline
8. Juvelen
9. Daemonen
10. Thunder Coaster

I've gone for:
1. Wildfire
2. Helix*
3. Balder*
4. Piraten
5. Jetline
---------------------
6. Lisebergbanen*
7. Twister
8. Thundercoaster
9. Juvelen
10. Daemonen

My top 5 from this group, in no particular order, is as follows:
  • Helix
  • Wildfire
  • Balder
  • Piraten
  • Lisebergbanan
For reference I have ridden 4 of the coasters in this group; Helix, Lisebergbanan, Balder and Daemonen.

:)

Helix and Wildfire are the obvious top 2 in what is probably one of the weakest groups - I don't think I'd vote for any of the others had they been in group 4.
Of the rest, I've gone for the two Djurs coasters and Balder, though I could have easily fanboy voted for one of the Schwarzkopfs.

Out of the 10 I've been on all but Daemonenenenen, which doesn't look all that great.