• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet European Cup: Playoff 4

Top 5 coasters rest of Europe

• Tonnerre de Zeus

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stunt Fall

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Monster

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Goliath

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Katun

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Troy

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Shambhala

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Oz'iris

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Olympia Looping

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • iSpeed

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
And so we enter week 2 of the competition for another two rounds of regional playoffs. This is the final regional group, covering everywhere else in Europe, and as before, 10 rides enter, five rides leave, and you have five votes each. It was obviously extremely difficult to just pick 10 coasters across the whole continent but I've gone for a nice spread I believe. Again, next closed season we'll have a much bigger pool. So without further ado, here in a randomised order are the coasters competing in this group!

Tonnerre de Zeus, Parc Asterix

Stunt Fall, Parque Warner

Monster, Walygator

Goliath, Walibi Holland

Katun, Mirabilandia

Troy, Toverland

Shambhala, PortAventura

Oz'Iris, Parc Asterix

Olympia Looping, various

iSpeed, Mirabilandia

My votes (* ridden)
1. Shambhala*
2. Troy
3. I Speed
4. Goliath
5. Olympia Looping*
----------------
6. Tonnerre de Zeus
7. Katun
8. Oz'iris
9. The Monster
10. Stunt Fall

Really bizarre that Stunt Fall is on there when there are two far superior coasters at the same park.

In terms of what’s on this list, I’d say:

1. Monster
2. Katun
3. Shambhala
4. Zeus
5. OzIris

There are a few European coasters, not on this list that I’d rate above many of those though.

God I would say this is the hardest of the lot, there’s some fantastic coasters on there many of which I have ridden (*). It’s going to be a tough call

1. I Speed
2. Zeus *
3. Monster *
4. Shambhala *
5. Troy *

6. Oz’iris *
7. Katun
8. Goliath *
9. Olympia *
10. Stunt Fall

Yeah. I think I’ll have to go with that. Wooden coasters and airtime are just my absolute favourite, however I Speed has been at the top of my European must ride list for about 5 years now! It also pains me to have to drop Oz’Iris out too

Really bizarre that Stunt Fall is on there when there are two far superior coasters at the same park.
Felt like there was enough B&Ms in the group, and it wouldn't really tell us anything, decided to mix it up and GIBs are cool so thought I'd throw it in to see how it would fare, not well obviously lol

Felt like there was enough B&Ms in the group, and it wouldn't really tell us anything, decided to mix it up and GIBs are cool so thought I'd throw it in to see how it would fare, not well obviously lol

Not well at all. It’s an alright ride but it’s not THAT much better than your bog-standard boomerang coaster really.

I wish that more people had ridden Monster because it’s such a good ride and it’s a shame that it won’t do too well on this poll due to how few people have ridden it.

I wish that more people had ridden Monster because it’s such a good ride and it’s a shame that it won’t do too well on this poll due to how few people have ridden it.
A Raptor clone with the MCBR removed should be doing a lot better, it has to be a case of it being fairly obscure, there's no way the original would be doing this badly even if no one taking part had been on it.

Needless to say that this is a very tough group, however my top 5 in no partifcular order is as follows:
  • Katun
  • iSpeed
  • Oz'Iris
  • Shambhala
  • Goliath
Got to be honest I found it hard to choose between Goliath and Monster but airtime won out in the end.

For reference I have ridden the 7 of the coasters in this group; TdZ, Stunt Fall, Goliath, Troy, Shambhala, Oz'Iris and Olympia Looping.

:)

iSpeed is the best coaster in this group Sadly, it suffers from a lack of people having been on it.

TdZ, Monster, Troy and a fanboy vote for Stunt Fall, too! Really, I should probably have dropped Katun a vote but, in truth, I wasn't as wowed by it back when I visited as I may have liked. It was incredibly fast but wasn't as forceful as I had hoped.

:)

I've gone for iSpeed, TdZ, Monster (which I've not been on, but Raptor is phenomenal), Olympia Looping and THE GIB!

Some tough decisions there, neither of Shambhala or Golliath would even take my #6 slot.