• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet European Cup Semi 1

Top 5

• Black Mamba

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Lisebergbanan

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Stealth

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Oz'Iris

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • The Swarm

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Wild Mouse

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Goliath

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Wildfire

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Megafobia

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Blue Fire

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martin

TS Member
From 40 coasters, we're down to 20, and there's already been some shocks, but now it gets serious. The remaining 20 have been randomly drawn into two groups of 10, and once again, the top 5 from each will progress to the top 10. As last time, five votes each and the poll is open for 1 week...

Group 1
Black Mamba, PhantasiaLand

Lisebergbanan, Liseberg

Stealth, Thorpe Park

Oz'Iris, Parc Asterix

The Swarm, Thorpe Park

Wild Mouse, Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Goliath, Walibi Holland

Wildfire, Kolmarden Zoo

Megafobia, Oakwood

Blue Fire, Europa Park

Some serious thought required here, only 4 rides I voted for in the first round have made this group and not all of them are automatic votes for me this time.

Here's the breakdown of my vote, again with * indicating ridden and I've also included where I ranked the coasters in their previous groups just because I was interested in seeing how I thought the groups stacked up against one another.
  1. Wildfire (1st Scandinavia)
  2. Megafobia* (1st UK)
  3. Goliath (4th Other)
  4. Wild Mouse* (2nd UK)
  5. Blue Fire* (5th Germany)
------------------------------------------------------------
6. Lisebergbanan* (6th Scandinavia)
7. Oz'Iris (8th Other)
8. Black Mamba* (9th Germany)
9. The Swarm* (8th UK)
10. Stealth* (9th UK)

A pretty easy group to call really, the other one not so I must admit. I’m thrilled this poll is back, but goodness some of the coasters that have fallen out is crazy!

1. Wildfire
2. Oz’iris *
3. Goliath *
4. Lisebergbananaramabanan *
5. Blue Fire *

6. Black Mamba *
7. Wild Mouse *
8. Megaphobia
9. Stealth *
10. The Swarm *

This is a fairly straight forward choice for me:
  • Wildfire
  • Oz'Iris
  • Goliath
  • Black Mamba
  • Blue Fire
I think next year the poll needs to be done in a way that we don't lose so many brilliant coasters in the first round (iSpeed, Colossos etc.) yet have 3 coasters from Thorpe Park in the semi-finals!

I do also urge people to judge coasters objectively and not just votes for what they like because they have ridden them, although I know that is easier said than done!

Another point to consider. Blue Fire is currently winning as I'd imagine most people voting will rate as one of the 5 best coasters in the group (many people here have ridden it for a start). Yet how many would vote for it as their number 1 in the group? There is no way it would be winning then!

:)

The poll is a bit dodgy here, because people are just voting for what they have been on. However, I applaud your effort.

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and constructive criticism and generally taking part so far!

This poll was thrown together pretty quickly mostly to see if there was an audience for it and seeing it go down well, I already have ideas for a much larger, fairer and more scientific poll next closed season.

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and constructive criticism and generally taking part so far!

This poll was thrown together pretty quickly mostly to see if there was an audience for it and seeing it go down well, I already have ideas for a much larger, fairer and more scientific poll next closed season.

Excellent! I certainly think there is an audience for it and things like this are always good fun during the closed season. Thanks for putting the effort in to do it Martin, and for being open to honest feedback.

You may/may not be aware, but we used to run the TTF Coaster Poll every year back in the day! Sadly, after about 4 years, I ran out of time to do it. But they're certainly welcome.

@John likes to involve himself, too!

Interesting that from the replies this is the easier group to call, yet currently is the closest, with several all tied on 11 votes as it stands. Definitely a result of the multiple vote system, everyone easily coming to slightly different conclusions.

Reactions: Rob
Wow this really is close! Come on people, Oz'Iris is one of the better B&M Inverts out there, and far superior to The Swarm and Wild Mouse. It's also better than Blue Fire which is winning this group!

All just my opinion of course.

It's easily better than the other invert in this group. Mamba is a bit of a glorified Inferno imo.

Reactions: D4n