• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet LIVE! Thursday 23rd May 2013

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
As you may have heard, there's something rather big happening at Alton Towers this Thursday 23rd May, and we'll be there to get all of the details!

The good news is that we'll be sharing everything we can with you via a new tool to us - the 'live' blog!

Of course, such things aren't new at all, but we're experimenting with them for the first time to see their worth and usefulness to us and of course our readers.

If you want to follow our live blog, you can get all of the details at http://live.towersstreet.com

Of course - we know that some of you won't want every detail of the big day spoiled for you (like the secret washing machine element!) - so we have created a new Facebook and Twitter profile so you can choose to have the details streamed to you or not!

We will share select moments with our normal accounts, but you can catch a replica of every blog item on our Facebook TowersStreet Live page and Twitter @tsliveblog account if you wish to!

We hope you find these useful and of course great to look back over after the event too. We welcome your feedback as ever too! :D

I have to say I'm quite surprised by this, given that TowersNerd already do good live coverage. However, given that this site's come quite far in just under a year, I'm very hopeful that the coverage will be excellent. Also, I'm pleased that separate Facebook and Twitter accounts have been set up so that spoilers can be avoided if people don't want any.

I look forward to the coverage! :)

Jonathan said:
I have to say I'm quite surprised by this, given that TowersNerd already do good live coverage.

Yeah, we're not really aiming to rival it I suppose as they do a great job, more just that obviously we'll be taking a lot of photos anyway tomorrow, and with the advent of park wifi it makes it a lot easier to share them now.

It's more about creating a catalogue of the days events to remember in future - we have a great construction gallery, and we'd like to finish it off with comprehensive cover of the opening day too.

It may turn out unsuccesful in terms of people viewing and using it, and in which case we may not do it again like this, but it may also prove popular, so we're watch it carefully to see how it works! :D

Fantastic news! I love the TowersNerd updates and so I'm sure this'll be equally as good. :)

I find it interesting you guys have gone for this, given that Towers Nerd already provides quite a good live site.

Although if you pick up the better updates it could turn out really well. I hope it works well at least! I'll be keeping my eyes pealed on the Facebook page and live blog tomorrow. It will add nicely to the site content either way. :)

Makes total sense to me, follow TN & TST, why not?

Like Joel says, it's a great way to just document the whole day - so even if the live blog isn't read so much "live" for all those who go tomorrow, and indeed those who cannot but are friends etc, it will always prove to be a great reminder of the day.

Ultimately, if it doesn't prove to be that successful as "live" - I bet you it will be valued as content in itself.

Great idea. I hope to be part of it!

UPDATE

With the news of The Smiler *not* opening tomorrow, our Live Blog has been somewhat suspended. Therefore, live updates will not be coming from our Live Facebook page or @tsliveblog twitter account. There is still a meet taking place though, so smaller (and probably more humorous) updates will still take place throughout the day on the blog itself if you want to see what's happening on the meet!

http://thesmiler.live.towersstreet.com/ is the place to be tomorrow... It could be fun!