• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Member Awards 2021 - Your Winners!

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
Main-banner-21.png

Good afternoon, and welcome dear TST-ers to the annual Member Awards ceremony.

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who voted in either, or both, of the nomination rounds. I'm very aware that it's much easier to cast a vote when a handful of options are laid out in front of you rather than having to trawl through the forum for inspiration. This year saw the most votes cast since I've been running the awards, which was great to see, and has given a much more accurate result of the collective opinion of the forum membership. This has also meant that I've been able to announce 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd placings for each category.

So, without further ado, here are your winners!

Forum-Awards-21.png

Best Alton Towers Related Topic
1st - The Hotels: A deep-seated culture of mediocrity by @AstroDan
2nd - Who supplied the pie and mash stand? by @Pieman
3rd - TBC: SW9 Speculation by @Matt N

Best Europa-Park Related Topic
1st - 2021: Europa-Park General Discussion by @Jambo

=2nd - 2021: Svalgurok & Snorri Strand (Rulantica) by @AstroDan
=2nd - 2023: Mack Big Dipper by @Bert2theSpark

Best "Other" Theme Park Related Topic
1st - The Misery Trip 2021 by @Poisson

2nd - Paultons Park: General Discussion by @Maelstrom
3rd - GeoGuessr: Theme Park Challenge by @RicketyCricket

Best Non-Theme Park Related Topic
1st - London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion by @Spark

=2nd - Coronavirus by @Jb85
=2nd - How do you like steak cooked? by @Matt N

The Dynamic SFX Coaster Award for Most Technical Topic
1st - The Great Skyline Game by @Sir Queer Llama

2nd - Absolute efficiency: efficiency in theme parks by @neil_wilson
3rd - Thirteen: General Discussion by @Matt N

Funniest Topic
1st - Who supplied the pie and mash stand? by @Pieman

2nd - London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion by @Spark
3rd - General Queue Times Discussion by @Craig

The TH13TEEN Award for Fail Topic
1st - General Queue Times Discussion by @Craig

2nd - London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion by @Spark
3rd - Favourite ice cream flavours by @JAperson

Member-Awards-21.png

Best Contributor
1st - @Matt N

2nd - @Rob
3rd - @Alsty

The Valhalla Award for Best Poster
1st - @AstroDan

2nd - @Log Flume's Dennis
3rd - @Craig

The John Wardley Appreciation Society Award for Geekiest Member
1st - @John
2nd - @Matt N
3rd - @Danny

The Vogel Show Award for Funniest Member
1st - @rob666

2nd - @Danny
=3rd - @AstroDan
=3rd - @pluk

The Santa Isabel Award for Most Serious Member
1st - @AstroDan

=2nd - @Rick
=2nd - @Skyscraper

The Guest Services: The Ride Award for Most Helpful Member
1st - @Craig

2nd - @AstroDan
3rd - @Rob

The John Wardley Get.A.Life Award for Biggest Moaner
1st - @Ethan

2nd - @Skyscraper
=3rd - @AstroDan
=3rd - @rob666

Most Appreciated Member
1st - @Craig
2nd - @Burbs
3rd - @Matt N

Now before you start moaning you were nominated for the biggest moaner, get too srs for being nominated for the most srs member or your ostensibly serious topic got voted for the funniest, please note that all the awards are, and have always been, completely tongue-in-cheek and just a bit of closed-season fun!

Congratulations to all winners, runners-up and nominees in general. I'll be sending out shiny new 2021 winners' signatures to all those in first-place for each category via forum PM. Thanks to everyone once again for taking part!

If you enjoyed this closed-season forum activity, do keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for a brand new forum game which will be hosted by myself in the Courtyard Tavern section of the forum!

Burbs (Tom) :)

I am humbled for being voted most funny moaner, or similar, and thank and love you all.
Sadly, I still couldn't actually vote myself, not clever enough to make it to the poll site.

I must say thanks @Burbs for running the awards as he did a great job! Also well done to all the winners all were well deserved.
I must admit I am a little sad @Thameslink Rail didn't win most serious member, only joking of course.

Well done to everyone who won an award, and thank you to everyone who voted for my Absolute Efficiency topic. Running my eye down the list, I reckon topics/posts from the last half of the year have a big advantage, because they’re fresher in people’s memory. But that’s based on absolutely no statistical analysis and might be a load of cobblers.

Well done to everyone who won an award, and thank you to everyone who voted for my Absolute Efficiency topic. Running my eye down the list, I reckon topics/posts from the last half of the year have a big advantage, because they’re fresher in people’s memory. But that’s based on absolutely no statistical analysis and might be a load of cobblers.
I think you're right for the most part, although some topics that won/were nominated were created back up to 2012!