• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TR : Thorpe summer nights 31st August

GaryH

TS Member
Havent been to Thorpe for a few years so decided to meet up with some friends and head down there yesterday for the Summer nights offer where the park is open from 7.30 until 10.30pm for a fiver for AP holders.

Got to the park about 11am and waited 40 minutes for my first ride on Swarm. Loved it, what an experience. Right hand side front row was definitely better than left side. After that the park got extremely busy.

Tidal wave broke all day from midday onwards and queues for most rides were around an hour and a half. Swarm reached 2.5 hours at one point. We queued an hour and half just for the log flume. But, we were in no hurry, we had the evening to come....

Collected our wristbands from the very very slow collection point outside the entrance and it was great to walk back into the park as everyone was leaving, to some very puzzled looks! Only 150 pre-booked tickets were sold so the park was pretty empty leaving all rides walk on. Did all the coasters in the dark, Swarm was amazing with the red LEDs on the ride lit up, and the views from Stealth at the top over London were great.

Finally left the park around 11pm and it was a great day. Yes it was manic in the day and if I had been a member of the public paying full price I would have been annoyed at the queues. Even the fastpass desk had a queue to buy fastpass tickets!!!!

After not being to Thorpe for some years, probably 4 or 5, I had a really good day!