• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip aspirations for the near future?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. I know we have a 2022 trip plans thread, but one thing that doesn’t cover is trips that aren’t committed to or booked and aren’t happening in 2022. Those trip dreams that you’re not fulfilling right now, but you have an aspiration to fulfil at some point in the not-too-distant future. For instance, within the next few years. So my question to you today is; do you have any trip aspirations for the near future? And if so, what are they?

I have a few trip aspirations in mind, for sure. While I have many places I’d like to visit, the following are things I do increasingly have in the back of my mind as definite aspirations/hopes for within the next few years:
  • Northern UK hotel trip (Fantasy Island-Flamingo Land-Blackpool Pleasure Beach-possibly Pleasureland Southport if new coaster is open) - With the upcoming opening of Flamingo Land’s new coaster, as well as Southport’s new coaster, there’s now a greater incentive to travel up North within the next few years, and I thought; why not knock out the other major Northern park I need to do and visit a Northern park I already love while I’m there? Flamingo Land and Fantasy Island are probably the two most significant UK parks I’m yet to visit, and while I’m in the area, it would seem silly not to try and visit Blackpool too.
  • Southern UK hotel trip (Unsure on exact parks, but rough idea is Legoland Windsor-Thorpe Park-Chessington World of Adventures-Dreamland Margate-Adventure Island-Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach-Pleasurewood Hills) - Having mapped it out there, this one may have to be two separate trips as opposed to one big trip (one trip doing the Southern Merlin parks/Kent and one doing Great Yarmouth/Pleasurewood), but once Exodus has opened, I did quite like the idea of doing a cluster of Southern parks in order to try and knock out the remaining major UK parks I haven’t visited yet. This would also include a revisit to Chessington for their new coaster and possibly LEGOLAND if they’ve built their rumoured new coaster by then.
  • PortAventura - After the thread I posted not that long ago, I’ve decided that PortAventura is my next aspiration within mainland Europe. With the likes of Shambhala and Red Force on offer, it’s certainly somewhere I’d like to get to!
  • Return to Florida (Universal Orlando-SeaWorld-possibly Busch Gardens-possibly Fun Spot Orlando) - I’d also like to return to Florida before too long, to do some of the new stuff at Universal and the SeaWorld properties that’s been installed since my last visit in 2016. So much has been built since then; Fallon, F&F, Volcano Bay, Hagrid’s, VelociCoaster, Ice Breaker, Iron Gwazi… there’s been so much! This might not be an aspiration for too much longer, though, as my parents have talked about a strong possibility of us returning to Orlando in 2023; here’s hoping that’s possible!
But what are some of your trip aspirations for within the next few years?

Might do the Beach on Thursday afternoon if I (hopefully) get rained off work.
Er, that's it matey, I just don't plan my coasters anymore, I used to build my year around my Sooper soaraway Sun voucher tickets, but I gave up with that one when it went online.
Oh, and the old gits outing to the Beach...(stopping over!!!)...in the autumn.
Such aspirations.

This year its back to Orlando in August for three weeks (last went 2018)- will be visiting Disney, Universal and Seaworld/Busch. In terms of future plans nothing set yet but would like to do the following over next few years-

American East Coast Trip- New York and some of the East Coast parks- really want to visit Cedar Point as always been on the bucket list. Just not sure how to tackle this type of trip with loads of driving etc between parks. Another option next Summer could be New York for a few days, then fly up to Cedar Point, have three full days there and then fly over to the west Coast (California) for 10 days rather than a full east coast road trip or down to Orlando again for a week or so at Universal (with no Disney due to the cost).

California- I have been a few times (last trip 2019) would like to go again, have not not San Francisco so may be start there and then drive down the coast stopping at a few places and then end in Anaheim for Disney and Knotts.

Europe- want to get to Europa Park again (first and only visit was 2019) and also first visits to Phantasia land and Liseberg over next few years.

Will all depend on costs, especially rising prices at the min. Also need hire car costs to drop massively in America for road trip options for 2023.