• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Manchester to Basel has cheap enough flights. I'm not sure of trains between EP and Phantasia but driving in Germany is fairly easy.
Thanks for the advice we have now booked Manchester to Basel Sunday 26th May flying back to Manchester from cologne on Sat 1st June. Thinking of hotel Colosseo 3 nights then train to Phantasialand for 2 nights, head towards airport stay the night then early flight back.

We arrive in Basel at 10am from reading posts about 2 hours to Europa Park. Can’t see closing time for park at this time of year. Would it be worth paying for entry this day? Then decision is then 2 days in park with 3rd maybe park but need then travel to Phantasialand. Is this journey easy enough by train or do we hire a car from here and leave it a Cologne airport?

Thanks again

Closing time will be 6pm minimum. If you check the EP app from around 1pm on the day, the confirmed closing time will appear there. You can then make a decision on whether it’s worth buying a day’s ticket and you should also have a better idea of whether your plane and general travel plan is on schedule.

If you’re staying in a park hotel, they apparently provide a free last hour ticket if you ask, which might be useful.

I was under the impression that resort guests had a short period of complimentary park access at the end of their arrival day if they have a ticket for the following day. I've not actually stayed on resort myself though so someone else would need to corroborate that.

EDIT: Sorry @venny I obviously didn't read your last sentence before posting!

Getting a bit worried about a 2025 trip as I've read some rides have height AND age restrictions not "or".. My youngest (9 year old) is 145cm and ridden Icon and Smiler in this country but in August of 2025 he will be 10 years and 11 months old. Are we going to have an issue or the fact he is tall for his age mean he'll not get questioned?

I think Silver Star is the only attraction with an age restriction of 11, the rest are considerably lower. I’ve never witnessed age being checked and considering the age of your youngest when you visit I expect you’ll more than likely be fine.

I think Silver Star is the only attraction with an age restriction of 11, the rest are considerably lower. I’ve never witnessed age being checked and considering the age of your youngest when you visit I expect you’ll more than likely be fine.
Thank you. I'll stretch him a bit more before we go just to make sure 😂

In my experience the height restriction will be checked, the age restriction not so much. If he is big enough, I doubt anybody will ask his age. And even if this were the case, I would just stretch the truth a bit. Nobody expects a kid to have a passport on him. Just say, he´s 11, and it will be fine.

Just a heads up, if your a member (Have an account) of Le Shuttle, they are having a black Friday sale, so might be a chance to get cheaper tickets. Link Below:

Also, The Emvois Tag (Other Tags are available, but this is the one I have always used) is a great way to save time, and delay paying the toll fees, here is a link for their Black Friday deal which will save you the €10 joining fee.
(Just click the link to sign up and get the discount, leave the Promo Code box empty)

Just booked to go midweek in June. Looking forward to hopefully great weather and short queues, although I'm sure the arrival of Voltron and associated hype will have a knock-on effect.

Any idea when the next quarters of booking for Eatrenalin open?

Cheers.

There are five of us in a comfort room at Bell Rock, one of the ones with a large terrace. Last time I stayed in this particular type, there were the 'boat' bunks, plus a large double... The room is listed as six max. Anybody have idea how this works out in reality? Double boat bunks?!

Cheers.

There are five of us in a comfort room at Bell Rock, one of the ones with a large terrace. Last time I stayed in this particular type, there were the 'boat' bunks, plus a large double... The room is listed as six max. Anybody have idea how this works out in reality? Double boat bunks?!
There are some 6 bed rooms.

Double
2 x sets of bunks.

Also some have:

2 x double
1 x set of bunks.

Of course, German doubles are more like 2 singles pushed together.

If in doubt, email them and ask for the exact configuration.

If it doesn’t they have failed massively.

All the talk has been about it opening at the start of the season, but clearly there isn’t a great deal of time to get everything ready by then. I think they’re reasonably well progressed though.

Another potentially boring, slightly neurotic question for the Rust Brain Trust.

EP's site has assured me that the park have a partnership with Sixt, and that it is possible to collect and drop-off their rental cars at Collosseo, which I believe I have seen previously with my own eyes. However, despite having their own discount page, EP, Rust or any variation thereof is not possible on Sixt's own site. It's still too fiddly and lengthy to get from Basel-Mulhouse to the park, despite it being a straight shot up the A5 motorway, so we'd like to rent a car just for this leg.

Has anyone ever attempted this? Is it doable? Has the Sixt deal collapsed? Does anyone know a cheaper taxi hire firm for five than EP's own, which puts this 50 minute journey at more per head than the flight.

Another potentially boring, slightly neurotic question for the Rust Brain Trust.

EP's site has assured me that the park have a partnership with Sixt, and that it is possible to collect and drop-off their rental cars at Collosseo, which I believe I have seen previously with my own eyes. However, despite having their own discount page, EP, Rust or any variation thereof is not possible on Sixt's own site. It's still too fiddly and lengthy to get from Basel-Mulhouse to the park, despite it being a straight shot up the A5 motorway, so we'd like to rent a car just for this leg.

Has anyone ever attempted this? Is it doable? Has the Sixt deal collapsed? Does anyone know a cheaper taxi hire firm for five than EP's own, which puts this 50 minute journey at more per head than the flight.
When we went (admittedly in 2022), we hired a Sixt car, and it worked fine. However, we did not drop it at Colosseo and pick up a new one, but instead just parked it in the car park for the 4 nights we were at EP for. With this in mind, I’m unsure on whether the Sixt partnership allowing you to leave your car at Colosseo is still in place, but Sixt themselves were fine in terms of a car rental service. We had no problems with them.

If it makes any difference, though, we were also coming from Baden-Airpark rather than Basel-Mulhouse.

I think this might be a casualty of Coronavirus. I recall seeing the Sixt desk in Colosseo on my visit in 2019.

When I went back to Europa-Park in 2022 I tried to find the option to drop-off and collect from the Colosseo. After all, I only needed the car to get between the airport and the hotel, and not for any of the intermediate days. However the option was not available on the Sixt/EP website. In the end I just hired the car for the entire period.

There was no sign of the Sixt desk at Colosseo when we arrived.