• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Thanks! I’m finding other threads here now, and feeling confident we’ll have a great time. We have little to no flexibility in this schedule, so we’ll make do. I double checked school schedules and it looks like only three states are out on the 6th, one being Berlin. Hoping that doesn’t impact too much, but we’ll roll with it if so. We don’t have much of an expectation, as we’re not overly familiar with the park and just thought it would be a fun break.

I am sure you will have a good time there. Yes, it is only 3 states, but they include the one in which the park is located and the adjacent one, Bavaria. So it has a significant impact on crowds. But no worries, if you consider my tips, you will manage. I was there several times in August, and it was always a great day. Just don't expect an empty park.

I am sure you will have a good time there. Yes, it is only 3 states, but they include the one in which the park is located and the adjacent one, Bavaria. So it has a significant impact on crowds. But no worries, if you consider my tips, you will manage. I was there several times in August, and it was always a great day. Just don't expect an empty park.
Yea, I figure Bavaria and RP are large populations, and there will be an impact. 🤞🤞

I think we’ll just go with the flow and see where the day leads us. If we can get on the six or so big coasters and have a few amusements as well, we’ll all be happy.

Just a reminder for anyone visiting, and planning to use the local supermarkets. They are closed on Sunday. We made that mistake yesterday, so our plans to make our own sandwiches on the way home were scuppered.

The strategy for Blue Fire ERT and then Wodan are spot on. The queues for these rides in particular rarely dip.

I wouldn’t kill yourself to get on all the coasters at the expense of the other shows, attractions and just the park atmosphere in general. I’ve known a few people who profess not to “get” the EP hype, only to learn they went for a single day at the height of summer and purely ran from coaster to coaster without taking in what else the park has to offer. You’ll really miss out on the depth and charm of the park I’d you follow that strategy.

If you want to prioritise the “must do” coasters to give you some more time to do the other attractions people have suggested, I’d say they can broadly be categorised as follows:

Top tier: Blue Fire, Wodan, Arthur, Can Can, Silver Star

Middling: Matterhorn Blitz, Atlantica Super Splash, Pegasus, Poseidon,

Passable: EuroMir, Baa Express, Schweizer Bobbhan, Alpen Express

In regards to queue lengths, there are a couple of patterns that are worthy of note. Silver Star will often quieten off in the middle of the day, Euro Mir’s queue drops later in the day (once people have realised it’s nauseating) as too does the bobsleigh. Nobody usually realises Pegasus is there until lunchtime, so often a quiet ride earlier on.

Is there an option to get an electric point for a tent pitch in the campsite?
I can see this for a motorhome but not a tent. If not what facilities are available for charging phones etc?

All tent pitches include an electrical point, it is first come, first served, but there is more than enough for everyone stopping.

It is a European plug socket, so UK camping plug does not work, unless you get an adapter. I posted a few photos in my trip review from last year here: (click)

Video below does a better job of showing it off and the camp site in general (Video starts as they go to the electric sockets.):

Hey all,

I’ve been wanting to visit Europa Park for quite some time, I’ve tried to book through their website but it’s far too pricey. I was looking for 2 nights 3 days (would this be enough for a first visit?). For the cheapest option it was like £800…I think I did Efteling /Phantasialand for more days for less.

Really want to visit Rulantica also.

Any hints and tips would be greatly received!

Hey all,

I’ve been wanting to visit Europa Park for quite some time, I’ve tried to book through their website but it’s far too pricey. I was looking for 2 nights 3 days (would this be enough for a first visit?). For the cheapest option it was like £800…I think I did Efteling /Phantasialand for more days for less.

Really want to visit Rulantica also.

Any hints and tips would be greatly received!

When are you looking to visit? the above price for two nights sounds like their are no standard rooms left. I have paid roughly £890, for 5 nights at Hotel Bellrock in August (exc tickets). There are two slightly cheaper onsite hotels, which I think where about £90 less if I remember.

There are many cheaper options though offsite around Rust, if you search Expedia, booking.com, Hotels.com etc.

If you’re tied to those dates, try the town itself. The park hotels book up fast, especially during peak times.

Most options in Rust are reasonable. Location wise I’d choose somewhere towards the hotel end so you can exit at the hotel entrance itself and also have easy access to enjoy the bars and restaurants of the hotels in the evening.

You'll find standard rooms in the hotels available via third party websites such as DER Tour.

New member to the forum here, We're a family of 4 (2 adults and a 10 & 12 year old both above 1.4m who love rollercoasters (and love the rides/experiences of Blackpool/Alton/Eurodisney) - and planning a 2025 trip to Europa! The forum has helped me massively so thank you.

Our options were a half term (Easter/October and even possibly May), but due to pattern of flights/flexibility we might just do it as our main holiday in August - still to be decided. One thing about summer is it's busy of course. But my question is, is it THAT bad? I mean when you've queued 65 mins for Wicker Man, 70 mins for Smiler and 90 for 13 in peak AT season is Europa even in summer a breeze compared to that? We can allow plenty of time etc.

Our plan might be loosely based on Mancheste to Basel on Day 1, check into onsite hotel (Krosanar or Bell Rock (leaning to BR), Day 2, Enter the main park, Day 3, Enter the main Park, Day 4 Go to Rutulantica, Day 5 fly home
Or should we do 3 days in park with an evening only slot at Rulantica on the last day?

I'll register for alerts for room release but based on this August (I know it's peak prices but allows me to put the biggest ceiling on cost so no nasty suprises)
Flights from Manchester to Basel: £800-1000.
Krosanar or Bell Rock (£300 a night for a standard family room?) £1200
Evening Meal and snacks £200-300 a day relistic? Saw buffets are 40 euros pp for example - Total £900
Transfers from airport I've not costed either. £150 sound right for a few trains/coach for 4?

Seeing that £3k cost written down sounds crazy for a theme park trip but a good beach holiday with average food can set a family back £4/5k so why not do something different that we will probably all enjoy together :) Plus I've never been to Germany.
Might even be wiggle room for another park - possibly 2 day at Phantasia? But I need to work this trip out first.

I’d say allow as many days in the park as possible - for a first visit it’s not ridiculous to allow 4-5 full days.

I’d say you’re right to lean to Bell Rock. The faff of the bus transfer to the park from Kronasar is a big downer for us, even though Kronasar itself is a beautiful hotel.

Your meal budget is probably realisitic although it is obviously very dependent upon where you would want to eat and what exactly you’re eating a drinking. A few beers in the park for example will eat into your budget, although I’d also suggest it’s a key part of the experience to sit back and relax with a coffee or glass of wine.

Your transfer budget is about right (maybe a little shy) if you’re doing the train.

I’d say allow as many days in the park as possible - for a first visit it’s not ridiculous to allow 4-5 full days.

I’d say you’re right to lean to Bell Rock. The faff of the bus transfer to the park from Kronasar is a big downer for us, even though Kronasar itself is a beautiful hotel.

Your meal budget is probably realisitic although it is obviously very dependent upon where you would want to eat and what exactly you’re eating a drinking. A few beers in the park for example will eat into your budget, although I’d also suggest it’s a key part of the experience to sit back and relax with a coffee or glass of wine.

Your transfer budget is about right (maybe a little shy) if you’re doing the train.
Thanks Venny. I'll up the transfer costs (I'll get onto that DB app at some point).

Interesting you say 4-5 full days..I thought 3 full might be overdoing it.

No major issue with queues at EP, things usually keep moving and don't feel anywhere near as bad as Towers. I would disagree on the 4-5 days front and say stick to 3 days rather than go crazy with 4-5. Those extra days mean costs quickly escalate especially if staying on resort - another two days entry and the additional nights on resort would add a huge chunk to your budget. I would however suggest that for Rulantica you need to do a full day to properly experience it. Head in a few hours after opening and stay until close if you're not mad enough for a full opening to closing visit. You certainly want to be in there before 5pm with everything that's there now, and anything else that might crop up come 2025.

I always think that 3 full days at Europa-Park is just about right, but have also done 4 days in the past. And then with Rulantica you can easily spend a full day there also, especially if it is during the summer season when the outdoor areas are fully open. There is so much to do in Rulantica!

I always think that 3 full days at Europa-Park is just about right, but have also done 4 days in the past. And then with Rulantica you can easily spend a full day there also, especially if it is during the summer season when the outdoor areas are fully open. There is so much to do in Rulantica!
No major issue with queues at EP, things usually keep moving and don't feel anywhere near as bad as Towers. I would disagree on the 4-5 days front and say stick to 3 days rather than go crazy with 4-5. Those extra days mean costs quickly escalate especially if staying on resort - another two days entry and the additional nights on resort would add a huge chunk to your budget. I would however suggest that for Rulantica you need to do a full day to properly experience it. Head in a few hours after opening and stay until close if you're not mad enough for a full opening to closing visit. You certainly want to be in there before 5pm with everything that's there now, and anything else that might crop up come 2025.
Thank you both. So if I stick with my plan would you recommend 3 full park days or 2 park + 1 Rulantica? Is that third day better spent on park or water basically? 😋

Thank you both. So if I stick with my plan would you recommend 3 full park days or 2 park + 1 Rulantica? Is that third day better spent on park or water basically? 😋
Personally, 3 on park plus a day at Rulantica would be ideal. Break the park days up with a day at Rulantica :)