• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tripadvisor: Best 25 theme/water parks in the world + Europe 2013

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Tripadvisor have published their list of the best 25 parks in Europe and 25 in the world - in terms of guest satisfaction. This doesn't mean the park with the biggest/best rides etc. - it's more in terms of the feedback from people following their visit based on their expectations in the first place.

You can view the whole list, with quotes and images here

TOP 25 EUROPE

1. Europa-Park, Germany
2. Siam Park, Tenerife
3. Puy de Fou, France
4. Disneyland Park, France
5. PortAventura Park, Spain
6. Walt Disney Studios, France
7. Zoomarine, Portugal
8. Efteling, The Netherlands
9. Gardaland Resort, Italy
10. Tivoli Gardens, Denmark
11. Paultons Park, UK
12. Aqualandia, Spain
13. Lago Martianez, Spain
14. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, UK
15. Sandcastle Waterpark, UK
16. Water World, Cyprus
17. Aqua Fantasy Land, Turkey
18. Thorpe Park, UK
19. Drayton Manor Park, UK
20. Alton Towers, UK
21. Fasouri Watermania, Cyprus
22. The Water Park, Greece
23. Terra Mitica, Spain
24. Sundown Adventureland, UK
25. Adaland, Turkey

TOP 25 WORLD

1. Discovery Cove, USA
2. Europa-Park, Germany
3. Magic Kingdom, USA
4. Islands of Adventure, USA
5. Disneyland, USA
6. Disney's Animal Kingdom, USA
7. Disney's Hollywood Studios, USA
8. SeaWorld Orlando, USA
9. Disney's California Adventure, USA
10. Siam Park, Spain
11. Typhoon Lagoon, USA
12. Universal Studios Hollywood, USA
13. Cedar Point, USA
14. Busch Gardens Tampa, USA
15. Busch Gardems Williamsburg, USA
16. Blizzard Beach, USA
17. Dollywood, USA
18. Waterborn Bal, Indonesia
19. Epcot, USA
20. Wild Water Park, UAE
21. Aquaventure Water Park, UAE
22. Universal Studios, Singapore
23. Puy de Fou, France
24. Holiday World, USA
25. Aquaventura, New Providence Island

:D :D
:)

Re: Tripadvisor: Best 25 theme/water parks in Europe 2013

Looking forward to ticking a few of these parks off my list of visiting

It is obvious why. DMP and BPB for families have fantastic new-ish areas - Thomas and Nick...

Thorpe Park had a good year operationally in 2012 with Swarm opening and general improvement.

Alton in 2012 wasn't the best - Sub Terra badly received at first, lots of cuts and U-turns etc.

There's no way that Siam Park is the second best park in Europe. It's definitely a very good water park but much of the theming, whilst it looks spectacular from a distance does not hold up at all when you're up close to it and has clearly been done on the cheap. As far as waterparks go, I think that I actually prefer Aqualandia in Spain. It's older and the slides are a bit more out of date but it's in a nice location, is well looked after and there's more to do there.

There's just so many parks I've been to that I enjoyed more than Siam park. It's an excellent family day out but definitely not the second best park in Europe.

Siam park is beautiful and incredibly good fun... But that's not what this list is about. This list is based upon average guest ratings on TripAdvisor. So the parks with the highest overall reviews and satisfaction ratings.

It could be a few sheds stuck together with 'FEEM PARX' written on the side - but if it scored high enough on reviews, it would make its way up the list.

AstroDan said:
It is obvious why. DMP and BPB for families have fantastic new-ish areas - Thomas and Nick...

Thorpe Park had a good year operationally in 2012 with Swarm opening and general improvement.

Alton in 2012 wasn't the best - Sub Terra badly received at first, lots of cuts and U-turns etc.

This ^

A very high percentage of people that review on TripAdvisor are families, and therefore the parks that cater for families better will always do better in their rankings. It's pretty misleading to be honest, when you think of it like that.

Europa Park is the 2nd best in the entire world?!

Bloody hell...Goes to show how good the park really is!

I'm super chuffed that SUNDOWN is one of the top 25 in Europe! I always knew it was a good park (pulls smug Earl of Shrewsbury face), So now who's up for a official meet to Sundown?

I'm not. Even though I don't dispute it's amazing, it's satisfying for kids and families.

They should be delighted though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Whilst certain parks making this list is obviously good, it's also worth nothing that this is not official ratings, and merely Tripadvisor review based ratings and not actual Guest-Services based feedback.

In that sense it's easy to see why the family parks have made this list! More families = higher ratings = higher ranking.

Tripadvisor is arguably one of the harsher places for a review, too.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Very good news for Roland et al. Siam Park probably does a lot better than it should because most visitors will be on some sort of sunny foreign holiday, which'll boost their general view of everything.

CGM said:
There's no way that Siam Park is the second best park in Europe. It's definitely a very good water park but much of the theming, whilst it looks spectacular from a distance does not hold up at all when you're up close to it and has clearly been done on the cheap. As far as waterparks go, I think that I actually prefer Aqualandia in Spain. It's older and the slides are a bit more out of date but it's in a nice location, is well looked after and there's more to do there.

There's just so many parks I've been to that I enjoyed more than Siam park. It's an excellent family day out but definitely not the second best park in Europe.

Aqualandia is great! Thorpe park though, seriously!?!?!