• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

🎇 TS Fireworks Weekend - 8th-10th November 2024

Craig

TS Administrator
đź“Ť Where: Alton Towers Resort
📆 When: Friday 8th November - Sunday 10th November 2024
đź•Ł Meet Windows:
Friday: From 6pm on the grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street​
Saturday: 9:30-10:00 at Expedition Espresso Stop, Alton Towers Hotel. Then 6pm on the grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street​
Sunday: No morning meet up window. Then 6pm on the grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street​
To meet up at other times throughout the day, please utilise the Towers Street Discord to plan and discuss.
📸 Group Photo: Saturday photo - time and location listed in Discord on the day
âś… RSVP: Please confirm above
🛌 Accommodation: No specific recommended choice

Au Revoir to the 2024 season, it’s Fireworks time!​

It seems like only yesterday when we were in that long queue for Nemesis Reborn, but the end of the season is now upon us. The park’s excellent fireworks weekend sees out the 2024 main season with a bang!

Members will be on park across the 3 days, so feel free to pop along for one day or the whole weekend!

Please RSVP above :)

Meet-up times​

As this meet takes place across 3 long days, Fireworks is much more free flowing than our other meets. Some people will be powering through 3 full days, others arriving late on Friday evening and others will pop along for the show and head off.

Our main meet up day is the Saturday, we we have a meet window of between 9:30 and 10:00 at the Alton Towers Hotel. Head to the Coffee Portal on

For that reason, we encourage people to plan on the day with others who want to do similar things. We’ve also got the TowersStreet Discord where you’ll find a dedicated Fireworks channel to make plans.

Meeting for the show

For all 3 shows, we'll be on the raised grassy areas at the bottom of TowersStreet from around 6pm onwards

Meeting during the day

The park is usually incredibly busy across Fireworks weekend and the weather plays a role in what people end up doing too. As it’s the final meet of the season, some people may spend much of the day catching up with others over some drinks. Others will head off to nab their last rides of the season.

As already mentioned, it’s a really free flowing weekend where people do their own thing and pop in and out of different groups. Don’t worry though, there’s almost always others who will be wanting to do a similar thing to what you want to do! If you want to head off and do your own thing though, just give people a shout on the Towers Street Discord and others will let you know where they are. You’re guaranteed to catch up with the whole group at the bottom of Towers Street each evening for the fireworks!

Friday

đź•Ł From 6pm on the raised grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street

Many of us will be arriving later on Friday, so there's no specific meet-up point. But if you're around and can't find anyone - drop the TowersStreet Facebook or Twitter a message, post in the TowersStreet Discord or alternatively drop me a PM.

Saturday

đź•Ł 9:30am-10am at the Alton Towers Hotel Coffee Portal, then from 6pm on the raised grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street

As the park will be busy, a lot of us will not be doing rides and likely catching up over a few drinks. Again drop us a message on the TS Facebook page or on Twitter if you can't find us, or shout up on Discord.

Sunday

đź•Ł No specific morning meet up time, then from 6pm on the raised grassy area at the bottom of Towers Street

Many will be heading home on Sunday, but for those sticking it out for a third day - we'll see you on the lawns at 6pm. If you're around earlier, drop TS a message on Facebook/Twitter or ask on Discord.

After the show

Things are very busy after the show has finished, and again it’s weather dependent on what people end up doing (those of you who were there last year know how wet it ended up being!). Some will grab some dark rides, while others will be heading off. Have a chat with people beforehand and as always utilise the TowersStreet Discord where people will be posting throughout the day.

Accommodation​

Unfortunately pricing on resort over fireworks weekend is prohibitively expensive, so we’ve chosen to not recommend a specific option this year. If you’re unable to stay on resort, there’s plenty of other options in the local area.

I'll be in attendance this year, and for the first time since I started doing meets back in 2011 (Fireworks being my first one), this will be the first time I'll be doing all three nights. No idea what time I'll be turning up on the Friday, but we'll see. Looking forward to it as always, and also looking forward to celebrating my birthday on the Sunday with you lovely weirdos people. :D

Some beverages will be consumed.

Think myself, @Poisson and a couple others will be venturing into Alton Village for a few hours on the Saturday to escape the worst of the busiest day. If anyone else wants to come along let us know.