• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Closed Season London Meets

Rose Of Dawn

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
With closed season just over a month away, I thought it might be a good idea to start a topic to discuss meets we could do on the run up to Christmas and beyond in the capital.

Here are a few ideas I've thought up of:

Merlin Attractions

Most of us have MAPs to hand, so the London midway attractions are always a safe bet to do. However, I'm more than aware that we may have done them a little too often, so I'm not sure how many people would be into doing Madame TuBoreds for the upteenth time!

Museums

The Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, V&A and the British Museum are all free and certainly worth a visit.

London Zoo

I want to do this as I live a stone's throw away and haven't been yet! And who doesn't love looking at cute animals?

Tower of London/Other historic buildings

I haven't done the Tower of London in so long, and I remember someone on here being interested in doing it too.

The London Tombs

I'm not the best at scaremazes, but I may brave it!

Theatre

I'd originally made a thread a few months back discussing a potential meet to see Les Miserables. I'm not sure how practical it would be to do, particularly booking tickets so we are all together. But depending on group size, I'm sure we can see a show - whether it be Les Mis, Lion King, Wicked or even something not all-singing-all-dancing!

Winter Wonderland

I saved the best to last! It may be a little bit crowded, but one of the biggest fairs in the UK must appeal to people here, surely?

Bonus round: MEAT!!!!

As a side thing, or maybe even a reason for some to be tempted down, is that we could try some of the trendier eatieries in London. A few I can reccomend, or would be willing to try:

Patty&Bun
MEATLiquor
Honest Burgers
Dirty Burger
Byron
Burger & Lobster
Porky's
Pitt Cue Co.
Blues Box
Five Guys
Shake Shack
Maxwell's

Anyone have any other ideas?

I'd be up for a trip to London, though would rather do something other than Merlin Attractions as have done these to death. Though I wouldn't rule out run through The Dungeons if not too busy (IIRC Those with Standard passes have to wait in the normal queue?).

I like the museums, and haven't had a good look round for a long time. Possibly Winter Wonderland if it were to be a weekend trip. Theatre would be awesome, but the cost of which, so close to Christmas, and with everything I have had to, and still to pay out for next couple of months rule that out for me, unless there are some good deals on offer, which is unlikely, especially the few weeks leading up to Christmas. :(

Any dates in mind? Weekend of 23/24 November, 14/15 December & 20th Dec - 6th Jan are no goes for me, but any other weekends should be fine.

Well, there would be a few meets at least, so I don't have any solid dates. Though I'd imagine they would be fairly often, and at weekends more likely than during the week.

josht said:
The north

Fancy going into more detail on what places IN the North would be worth our visiting? ;)

Rowe said:
josht said:
The north

Fancy going into more detail on what places IN the North would be worth our visiting? ;)
Oh ok sorry ermmm anything really north of Birmingham

It's all to busy down south

josht said:
Rowe said:
josht said:
The north

Oh ok sorry ermmm anything really north of Birmingham

It's all to busy down south

None of that actually answered my question but that'll do :p

If anyone would be up for doing Winter Wonderland on the 24th of November would be amazing since it's my 18th Birthday that day. It would be a fantastic way to spend it.

Went last year for my 17th Birthday as well. It wasn't that busy (think the longest I queued for was about 20 mins) and the ride cycles were pretty long!

So anyone interested to celebrate my 18th with me? =)

London meets? If you don't all find me irritating at Scarefest meet, I'll definitely be down for anything in London, I live so close... :)