• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tuggerz Coasters International - TCI

Tuggerz

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Man Demz
I thought I'd share some of my Coaster Designs, especially seeing as I finally created a design I'm proud of.

It's a B&M Floorless, Featuring a large airtime hill, overbanked turns, slalom bends, 4 barrel rolls and a zero G roll that flies over the station.

There's still a lot of smoothing to do, but I'm kinda terrible at it seeing as the built in smoother likes making sharp curves rather than floaty B&M curves.
Supports also need a bit of work doing, I could do with a few tips on those.

J72y7rK.jpg

Basically a panoramic kind of thing.

3CtPDm0.jpg

Overview of the ride.

I'll get some screenies in the simulator if any of you would like to see them.

Any criticism is helpful!

The reason why the smoother doesn't work is because your track nodes are too far away from one another- especially at the overbanks. Try splitting the track between two nodes, and try and makes sure that they are all equally spaced.

For smoothing one particular track node, what I do is split the track on either side of that node, delete the original node, smooth and then delete the other two nodes. I do this with every track node. This may reduce the original banking, but just change it back to what it originally was, and smooth again.

And you need to use the heartline- which is shown as the yellow line above the track in the 3D view- for every view. Especially for zero-G rolls and barrel rolls.

For supports, it takes a lot of practice and patience to get right. To get perfect supports, you need to use a lot of free nodes. Some coasters have track connectors, as well as footer connectors, that need to be taken into consideration. Look at pictures for inspiration, and try and copy them.

I've been developing a few different ideas recently and couldn't decide on one I wanted to follow on, so many designs have been scrapped, many have been put to one side for a while.

I have finally however, decided on one I want to show off.

Just an idea for a possible SW8 Location.

This would replace the aging Flume, with something fresher and more interesting.

VoyagePosterNoShadow_zps98765775.png

VoyageCoaster_zpsaac596d2.jpg

Tying together Katanga Canyon and Mutiny Bay, Voyage attempts to bring thrills and a few surprises in it's layout.

Featuring 5 Inversions and an altogether spectacular worlds first.

Dare you join the Pirates of Mutiny Bay on their Voyage to find the treasure of Katanga Canyon?​