• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

By crisps they clearly mean chips, and if so that isn't very British at all!

:)

Why would it be
Is it hotdog and crisps though? That'd be a weird combination. I understand the separate crisps (for 2.99?!) but hotdog and crisps surely is a mistake on the signage departments behalf?!
Why would that be weird? It's quite common to get crisps (chips in American English) with a hot dog in US theme parks as they don't have deep fat friers in kiosks so can't do chips (fries in American English). I've had a hot dog with a side of a bag ready salted crisps (chips) in Disneyland.

The two park ticket isn't much more expensive than the 1 park anyway (from memory) - I can't see it making much difference anyway, I don't actually know anyone who has gone to one and not the other... At least Universal can justifiably call themselves a RESORT and many people stay for weeks on resort without venturing anywhere else.

Universal have really outdone Disney with this I think... I understand that Disney is aimed at the younger audience, but HP is (not exclusively) for the younger audience too. Universal have a much more diverse offering as a theme park, more-so now than ever.

US & IOA have always been more highly regarded than Disney to me, (even at a young age, pre-potter) and as much as I can take or leave HP, I REALLY want to see this. Congratulations Universal, you really have pushed the bar even higher.

Why, oh why, could there not be this kind of competition in the UK? Or even this kind of EFFORT would nice! Just look at Phannyland, you could argue that they do not need to theme to such a high standard (compared to their competition) but what they produce is outstanding, albeit on a smaller scale than Universal.

Maybe they made a mistake with their Yank-Limey dictionary? The guy coming up with the menu translated "fries" in to "chips", then someone saw that and thought "hang on, don't they call chips "crisps" in England?"

Honestly, leave colonials alone for a few hundred years and the go and butcher the language beyond all recognition...

This isn't really 'that' good... I mean, even Angry Birds land has yellow lines! ;)

uzesy4y2.jpg

Who needs Wizarding World - Diagon Alley, when you can have THORPE PARK Resort - Angry Birds Alley! :p

Bloody hell, Merlin really are second only to Disney with that effort! Universal might as well rip the entire Diagon Alley down after seeing that superior effort ;)

I've genuinely never understood why there is a road going through the middle of the park, I thought the whole thing was reclaimed land?

It is...

Surprisingly enough, back in 2000 Tussaud's really did do top notch theming!

Why, oh why, could there not be this kind of competition in the UK? Or even this kind of EFFORT would nice! Just look at Phannyland, you could argue that they do not need to theme to such a high standard (compared to their competition) but what they produce is outstanding, albeit on a smaller scale than Universal.

Competition is the key, Phannyland has to compete with Europa Park and Efteling, universal has Disney. The UK lack competition as Merlin are sat here not doing very much exciting at all.

Why are we still talking about Thorpe in the Universal thread? It's like having a lengthy discussion about McDonald's in a thread about fine cuisine!

So Universal posted a June 30th opening for Diagon Alley today on their website. However moments later, it was changed to 'Summer 2014'. Then Universal made this post on Facebook:

"We have not yet announced the official grand opening date for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Diagon Alley. We promise to tell you as soon as we can. Incorrect information was wrongfully circulated today and we wanted you to know it’s not true. We’re sorry for any inconvenience."

There's reportedly still no set date for team member previews, which in turn will lead to VIP previews, and then the grand opening.

I always marvel at the size of the show buildings behind these facades. That Gringotts warehouse is absolutely colossal!

Anyone else find it downright wrong that the train shed of "Kings Cross" is nowhere near the station frontage, and not in line with it? There must be a seriously massive queue between the two buildings.