• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Grignotts wait time currently 300 mins (5 hrs) apparently only running 3 trains currently, with one being dispatched every 2 mins, 720 per hour. I know they had some issues with the ride, hopefully this will be sorted soon and the ride running at full capacity.

While the area and grignotts very busy their isnt the same levels of people that turned up back when first area opened in 2010, there isnt the huge waits at the parking lots or to get into the park.

Holy crap that is bad!! They need to get that sorted very quickly. I have no idea how many trains it can run but with dual loading and presumably onload/offload it must be at least six trains!? Not sure even I would wait 5 hours for it!

:)

Well it sure beats the 12 hour queue to get into Hogsmede in 2010 :p

Current reports state the actual area itself is coping quite well, mainly because everyone is being soaked up in the Gringotts queue!

There is a single rider line as with all the other major rides at Universal, that queue is taking just over 2 hours, there has been a very breakdowns as well. Universal will be working flat out to get the capacity to where it needs to be, which is why it hasn't been open during the soft open periods to allow more time to get the ride running correctly and am sure will be working on it while the parks closed at night. Its the most technologically advanced rides built so breakdowns will happen, just hope ironed out quickly.

I am holding out from watching any POV or reading reviews etc about the ride so I can ride spoiler free in October.

I think the biggest issue (excluding current lack of throughput) is the ride reset time. I've heard it's anything up to 15-20 minutes just to reset the ride after a breakdown.

If you chuck a handful of those in it massively inflates the wait.

Things aren't going so well thus far on the Gringotts side of things. Passengers are reportedly being evacuated at present and this is the third time the ride has gone down so far today.

Not good news, but given that it's the opening day of the area, I'm not too concerned. It takes time for rides to settle in and reliability to improve.

What happens when the queue reaches 375 minutes, like it did an hour ago? Do they close the queue at a certain point, do they keep running the ride until everybody has had a go or do they close the ride at X o'clock and it's tough if you haven't been on yet?

I know that if I was on holiday in Orlando for the first and possibly only time, I'd be mighty peeved at having to wait 6 hours just for one ride!

With a queue like that you almost have to factor in a whole day just for Gringotts, never mind the rest of Universal Studios! I hope they have plenty of refreshments as well as toilets in that queue.

The queue is now at 450 minutes. Photo courtesy of Orlando United:

BsCTCLJIQAAi4KS.jpg:large

Never fear it's back to 400 now (and the 6 hour queue to get in which is stretching right around to Transformers ;))

So if you join the queue to get in, and then once you're in decide to queue for Gringotts, you are queueing for pretty much 12 hours? Wow, madness! I know where I'd be, at the others park which are probably dead! :p

The park have been handing out fast pass style return tickets for entry to the new area so people can go off and enjoy other rides while waiting.

It will all settle down over next few weeks. when I went in oct 2010, 3 months after the original area opened there were no waits to get into the land and forbidden journey was around 75 min wait or walk on via single rider.

When are they going to close the queue? As at this rate there would still be a queue by the time the park was to re-open the next morning!

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't close it and simply run it all night :p They'll be raking in a fortune from snacks being sold in the queue line alone.

Yeah, you don't see staff complaining about half an hour ride extensions over there. Open from before 6am till likely passing midnight. Puts into perspective how pitiful this country's parks are.