• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Orlando (Studios/IOA/Epic Universe) : General Discussion

Goes hand in hand with a rumour I saw in instagram that 4 coaster are being built by Universal within 4 years.

Oh wow, assuming that layout is correct then that's going to be yet another great Universal coaster. The duelling elements looks excellent, no doubt inspired by Duelling Dragons (RIP).

Agreed regarding the colour scheme, I'd prefer more of a contract between the two tracks.

It looks amazing, but I agree that the colours aren't the best.

I think the concept art for Epic Universe showed one of the tracks as blue instead, that might have looked better.

I quite like the colours tbh.

The main area hub of the park is meant to be a lot of yellows and Golds so they obviously didn't want it to be red or blue and stand out like a sore thumb.

The layout is fantastic too if that video is accurate. Can't wait to get back over to Florida as it's been way way too long (2013) ;(

Intriguingly, VelociCoaster has apparently had an operational change, according to a recent video posted by ElToroRyan:

Ride operators now check restraints twice as opposed to only the once (as is typical on coasters), and this has seen dispatch intervals fall from around 55 seconds on average (~1,560pph, ~65 trains per hour) to around 75-80 seconds on average (~1,100pph, ~46 trains per hour).

For context, the ride's previous record was said to be 1,745pph (~73 trains per hour, 1 train every ~49s), and the ride's theoretical throughput on 4 trains is said to be 1,800pph (75 trains per hour, 1 train every 48s). Universal's internal target is said to be 1,440pph (60 trains per hour, 1 train every 60s).

I wonder why the ride's restraints are now checked twice? It seems odd given that most coasters only have one check.

Can only imagine there was some sort of incident (or probably non-incident, this is the US after all) that has meant they've made this change. Can only hope it is a temporary measure as that is quite a reduction in throughput and checking the restraints twice is pointless. Unless you just don't trust your staff!?

Word going round is that people have been trying the old trick of sitting forward and pushing out their thighs in order to get a loose restraint on the ride. This has been picked up by Universal and they are now double checking all seats to try and ensure all restraints are closed fully before dispatching.

The minority spoiling it for everyone else no doubt.

Word going round is that people have been trying the old trick of sitting forward and pushing out their thighs in order to get a loose restraint on the ride. This has been picked up by Universal and they are now double checking all seats to try and ensure all restraints are closed properly before dispatching.

The minority spoiling it for everyone else no doubt.

Having been on Velocicoaster several times, why on earth anyone would want to feel LESS secure than you already do is beyond me.

Fantastic ride and the restraints really make it, but you feel like you’re going into the river on that final inversion and flying into the sky on the top hat!

I can’t believe Orlando is getting a launched Mack spinning coaster and it’s barely a footnote of this project!
That's the first I've heard of this. I assume you're referring to the Monsters coaster? From what's gone up so far it looks to be more of a family coaster, so I am guessing standard Mack spinner and not Xtreme Spinning Coaster.

That's the first I've heard of this. I assume you're referring to the Monsters coaster? From what's gone up so far it looks to be more of a family coaster, so I am guessing standard Mack spinner and not Xtreme Spinning Coaster.
Yeah I believe it will have the same type of cars as Storm Chaser at Paulton's.

It defintiely is multi launch based on the drone photo, whether it will invert I don’t know but it certainly isn’t the originally speculated off the shelf clone either …

B28DA899-4CEC-46E0-B0D8-4CE7B4F927C8.jpeg

Internal sources have indicated it will be a family spinner with a launch but won’t use the extreme spinner trains and will use the standard style trains. Obviously how accurate that is I don’t know.

It seems plausible. Realistically they're going to want to have lots of block sections for the number of trains, and launches are probably the least intrusive way of doing it.