• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Vialand - New Park for Istanbul in 2013

BigAl

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Forbidden Journey
vialand.jpg

A major theme park will be opening in Turkey next year. 'Vialand' will open for the first time on April 23rd and has cost around £401,201,511 to create. Here's a promotional video (with some chopped-up clips of Thorpe and Europa in :p ):

vialand tanitim filmi

Here's a press release from the Vialand website (translated by Google):

About the Project

Vialand, Mega theme park in Istanbul will introduce all over the world.

Via the construction of a joint venture between the Group and Gursoy Group started in September 2011, a different concept, the first international mega-theme park, exhibition center and shopping center offers a combination Vialand, is being built in the heart of Istanbul Eyüp quickly. Vialand aims to be the actual address of the shopping and entertainment, will open its doors to visitors for the first time April 23 in 2013.

Investment of 1 billion 150 million TL in the history of the Republic's largest retail investment Vialand, located in the municipality of Eyüp and Gaziosmanpaşa of 600,000 m² of land is rising. TEM Motorway north and south of the E5 highway in the project will be the first in the world in terms of concept. Vialand size of nearly 100 football fields, 140 thousand m2 of leasable commercial space within shopping streets, closed 5000, 3000, and aims to open a total capacity of 8000 parking spaces wide range of brand and enjoy every age group will offer suitable alternatives. Vialand mega amusement park in all its glory at the entrance area of ​​2000 m2 rising Castle, visitors aralarken up a world of fairy tales, with the main street of the old town with the present-day life offer different architectural features.

Turkey, which will contribute to the global size of the image of a new and powerful Vialand, the Middle East, the Balkans, the Caucasus, such as neighbors and in the regions close to the rising star of Istanbul is a very important position that will become the center of attraction. Today, a global city which has become a major shopping and entertainment center, this property will offer support and significant contributions to the city with the Vialand, New York, London and Paris to compete in the future as well as other world cities. With the project of human movement during the year is expected to be 30 million. Vialand'in will also visit Istanbul is expected to increase by 15 percent in the number of domestic and foreign tourists.

In the Performing Arts Center 100 thousand square meters, 15 thousand-seat concert hall area, ample green space and large-scale space to accommodate many more amenities that will appeal to the masses.

Vialand General Manager Mehmet Emec, Walt Disney World, close to 20 years experience gained in this project to convey the excitement and pride of being a carrying said: "Amusement parks in which the face of the city, the economy, the image changes, the most important elements of attractiveness. Around the world all development entertainment and culture, as well as some of the changes occurred in parallel with the changes. approach we developed a blend of entertainment from the date of entertainment culture in Turkey. This blend combines the fun of shopping Vialand mega-project emerged. operational mission is not a luxury, entertainment, everyone is entitled to set off Taking a set. Vialand In this sense, our world, including disabled people of all ages and walks of life kurguluyoruz to the needs of our visitors. theme park in the fun and adrenaline-fueled units, each other, from the companies in this sector have the best standards in the world, and these units are doing security checks. Vialand, 50 More than entertainment unit and preparing to offer a different and a new entertainment culture, 3 speed in excess of 110 kilometers per second, Roller Coaster latest technology, high-speed stream rafting experience, possess a family of Rapid Ride, Splash integrated with the enthusiasm of the natural waterfalls Coaster Roller Coaster, Roller Coaster enthusiast pleasure that everyone can ride or aspiring to become the main units within the host, such as Family Coaster. everything that is without a doubt worthy of Istanbul, a city in the world today. "

Thousand people during the construction of the project, once completed, will work together çalışacaklarla 4 thousand people, and support industries is expected to create 20 thousand people employed.

Let's get the the exciting parts; a plan of the theme park and concept art...

Vialand_Vaziyet_Plani.jpg

"Conqueror Dark Ride" and kids area:
Fatih_Dark_Ride.jpg

"Castle":
Kale.jpg

"King Kong":
King_Kong.jpg

Rapids Ride from the top of the new Intamin Launch coaster:
Rapid_Ride.jpg

A new Intamin LSM coaster:
top-9-parks-of-2013-that-nobody-is-talking-about-QxEM.jpg

I assume most of you on here will be interested in the coasters the most, so here's theRCDB page for the Intamin launch coaster. Coaster-Net has said that this ride will be similar to iSpeed, and with a 68.4mph launch, a 161.4ft tall top hat and lots of high speed dives, twists and hills, it looks like it's going to be good!

The second coaster listed on Vialand's RCDB is a family Intamin coaster, though nothing else is known about this ride at the moment.

From looking at the map above, it looks like there's going to be a carousel, something called 'Small World', a splash coaster (Mack or Intamin?), a drop/launch tower, dodgems, a Huss King Kong, a Zierer Star Shape, a scenic train ride, chairswings and a few other kids rides and stages can be seen in some of the other concept images.

Anyway, here are some final images that I found by Googling 'Vialand' for you all to enjoy...

A better look at the entrance:
vialand1.jpg

An overview of the park (you can just about see the launch coaster):
MTM3MTIwOT-vialand-ulasim-vialandin-detayli-adresi.jpg

The location of the park:
istanbul-u-vialand-egelendirecek.jpg

:)

This is meant to open in April next year? They might get the shopping village part done but unless they've made major progress since that video was filmed there's surely no chance of them opening a theme park anything like in the concepts next year. They'd be looking at 2014, maybe even 2015! The Intamin coaster does sound good though.

Soft opening time! And ThemeParx have a whole host of images and videos of this park going up to it being nearly ready to start entertaining its first guests. There's a lot of things missing and I do hope this isn't going to be Turkey's RainbowTragic Land. :(

I find this quite an impressive project, minus the confusing time scales I'd have to say I'm a little jealous of turkey right now.

The Intamin launch is still under construction but the Intamin family thrill coaster is already operating (among other rides). Here's a mounted on-ride POV of Maceraperest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo68VEHEyaQ#ws

It looks fun but I hope it's getting something added to it, otherwise it's going to look pretty bland. :p But to me, something like that would have suited Th13teen's outdoor section much more than the short layout it actually has.

Either the map or just promotional artwork:

map.jpg

A computer generated image of the park? The yellow coaster seems to have been scrapped...

154975d1362167408-2013-neuheit-vialand-neuer-freizeitpark-tuerkei-61466.jpg

More promotional artwork:

vialand_%20321544.jpg

Sorry for the bump, but Vialand opened in May and Park World have published an article on the park. Their Intamin launch coaster won't open until autumn this year. Also a themed hotel is planned to open in 2014 and a "longest or tallest" coaster is planned within the next two to three years.

http://content.yudu.com/A2avy1/PWJul2013/resources/28.htm

The new coaster is going to be called Nefeskesen, which is an awesome name even if you can't understand Turkish.

Construction photos from Coasters & More...

q6P8gjN.jpg

This makes me feel a twinge of pride, the national flag majestically hanging from the country's first big coaster.

1yYOPd4.jpg

Some parts of this park are beautiful.

gf3VJbE.jpg

Can't really work out the layout from this. Hope the trains will be lapbars.

HIBL5qm.jpg

pMNCkFC.jpg

Nice little area! Shame that they didn't bother to landscape that family coaster and the layout is a bit weird...

fCjPzHI.jpg

Splashdown!

The layout of the accelerator is top-hat, hill, immelmann, overbank (which is beautiful by the way), weird zero-G thing and breaks.

If you needed proof of the overbank:

5ifa.jpg

And, yes, there are lap-bars: ;D

230017d1379536353-2013-neuheit-vialand-neuer-freizeitpark-tuerkei-nefeskesen02.jpg

Sam said:
Those supports made my eyes bleed.

That top hat is quite a departure from the other ones they've built - it's got a far more flowing profile rather than curve to vertical -> vertical -> twist -> curve over top -> twist -> drop -> pullout. I'd be interested to know how this one compares with the older ones.

Might as well now count the countries that don't have decent inverting coasters with lapbars.

Thought I'd have a look at the various manufacturers that parks out there have to choose from when they need a people mover and came across Severn Lamb, a company based in Alcester, Warwickshire who were responsible for making the train at Legoland:

custom_trains1.jpg

Apart from this, the company also make various other people movers like boat rides, monorails, etc... But it was the Trolley that caught my eye out of all of their products.

After checking out the company's Facebook page, I found more photos of their trolley ride and noticed the 'Vialand' sign on the front of the trolley pictured:

1005245_609097599122348_21683679_n.jpg

1006298_609097545789020_1507918763_n.jpg

535729_609097409122367_1857731443_n.jpg

1094714_609097325789042_1204825850_o.jpg

Makes a change to the monorail or chairlift style systems commonly used in parks, and it's a bit of an attraction in itself! They look really nice and I'd like to see more built (more specifically, one or two in the UK ;) ).

This park is located on the western side of the Bosphorus and so should be in the European forum. :)

Hmm, the first half looks really promising but it seems to run out of steam a little towards the end, though it's possible that it'll run a bit faster once it's fully "run in" (and it will certainly be faster with guests).

When I first saw that ride I thought it had the potential to be one of the absolute best coasters in Europe, but I'm not quite feeling it based on the video.

Doubt this will be anywhere near as good as iSpeed or Maverick.

:(

That can't be the full speed surely?
Maybe it's a test speed launch, and they will work up to full speed?

The top hat speed is going to be slow anyway - ispeed's is. The rest seems to lose pace.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

LSM Launch isn't it?

I think that the only thing that will really affect the speed of the launch will be the weight, due to the nature of which the magnets actually launch the ride, there is no 'test' rate as it were like with chain lifts or Hydraulics... The eddy currents that push the train along cannot be affected in the same way...