• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Victoria Gardens RCT3-INCOMING TRANSMISSION-PROJECT SHADOW

Neuros

TS Member
150px-Project_Shadow_Logo.png

ARRIVING SOON AT VICTORIA GARDENS
New update:
the building is up.
shot0052.png

Re: INCOMING TRANSMISSION-PROJECT SHADOW

Sounds interesting. Though as Diogo said on another thread, RCT is a visual medium & it pays to wait until you have some in-game images to show. You will get more replys this way.

:)

Oh don't you worry. I'm going to have some in game screenies soon.

Were you not tempted to wait until then to start a thread? There is genuinely nothing to comment on here.

Um... ::)

I was quite excited at first but it seems to me like you could benefit from some advice.

1). I like the sleek and modern colouring of your building and the entrance features but apart from that it looks quite boring. It's essentially just a few stacked layers of custom walls, albeit they are nice. Try and break it up, add colour and shape, and plenty of detail.

2). Add pathcovers and change the fencing. The in game ones looks quite poor and it's weird to see the western queue design on a sci-fi building. Path covers allow more intricate shapes for your paths so it doesn't look blocky or monotonous.

3). Name a peep David Walsh and press the 'ctrl' key and the 'u' key at the same time. This removes the menus for a clearer picture. Press it again to get them back.

Other than that there's not much to say, but it looks fairly promising in terms of style so keep it up. :)

NastyPasty said:
Um... ::)

I was quite excited at first but it seems to me like you could benefit from some advice.

1). I like the sleek and modern colouring of your building and the entrance features but apart from that it looks quite boring. It's essentially just a few stacked layers of custom walls, albeit they are nice. Try and break it up, add colour and shape, and plenty of detail.

2). Add pathcovers and change the fencing. The in game ones looks quite poor and it's weird to see the western queue design on a sci-fi building. Path covers allow more intricate shapes for your paths so it doesn't look blocky or monotonous.

3). Name a peep David Walsh and press the 'ctrl' key and the 'u' key at the same time. This removes the menus for a clearer picture. Press it again to get them back.

Other than that there's not much to say, but it looks fairly promising in terms of style so keep it up. :)
I'll make sure to change the paths. The building isn't final. I will be making an entrance for it along with an indoor queue. I will also use the David Walsh cheat. Thanks for the advice :D

We let some members of the fan forums on to the ride today. We are keeping the actual indoor layout a secret for now, but you may have a read of one of the reviews.
Well, today I had an interesting experience at the park. After winning the competition to ride their new ride, I was buzzing to have a go. I arrived at the park at 8:30 AM ready for the opening. The group of competition winners got together and a man came along and gave us all VIP badges. We walked over to the future area of the park and he told us about some of the ride systems (being a massive fan of VG, I already knew most of it :p). At about 9:05, we walked up to the enormous satellite dish which marked the entrance to the ride. We walked down the queue line and to the station. Scenery on the inside was amazing, robots everywhere. It was also pretty creepy with the Project shadow logos everywhere. There were loads of security cameras as well. I am not allowed to say much about the ride though, but I can say I had a fantastic time! The fear of the rollercoaster does not come from the drops or the g-forces, but from the enclosed space the ride is in. You can hardly see anything, and when a light does show you where you are going, a random support beam appears out of nowhere. You really do think you're going to have your head removed. After an exhilarating ride, we disembarked and got a quick VIP tour of some of the major rides.
Overall, I give project shadow a 9/10. It is a very fast moving ride with plenty of fear. Only down-point is the height of the drops.
This ride really does show you more inversions don't really make a better ride.
~VGforums Mitzy