• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Video editing advice needed

BarryZola

TS Member
OK, this is the scenario.....

I made a video using the latest 'Corel Video Studio' that is about 30 mins in length. I've now opted to copy the video to my hard drive in the same quality as it was uploaded (full HD). For some reason, within playback, the transitions have become blurred at times. This is not wanted obviously :)

Due to this I then tried producing an mp4 video which has come out in very good quality and with perfect playback. This has caused me a problem though as I can't seem to burn it (mp4) to a DVD even though it's only a 3GB file.

I'm not too bothered about the current video, it's not that important. I'm just a bit frustrated that I'm using a current full HD camcorder which is producing good results on the PC and within the program, but then in this case I've not got the availability of burning it onto a viewable DVD in the full quality (just gives the option of 720).

I'm open to trying new programs etc (I should add that I've not long had a new windows PC so I may be missing a few codecs/programs etc).

Any advice would really, really be appreciated in this case, even if it's the case that I should use a new program. Basically, I just want to keep as much quality as possible from the initial HD shots to the finished viewable product. Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice.

Am I missing some of the basics here or anything? This wasn't even an internet sharing thing. It was just a day out vid to give to a mate who's a bit down in the dumps on DVD or USB.