• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Video project visit 17 May

Hi all so tomorrow I am heading off to Towers for my own personal project. Basically I want to video a walk around the park from entry, all the way around back to Towers Street. I am doing this for my own benefit, I take great enjoyment in the noise and the sounds and sights of the park, so when Winter rolls around I can just pop on the video and I get my park fix.
I have no intention of any narration or anything just the sights and sounds of Alton Towers. To scratch that itch when I’m missing the place. For clarity also there is no intended distribution accept to myself and family and there will be no monetary gain either.

I have my route planned for tomorrow (17/5/22) and the visit will be more about timings route efficiency and access rather than filming. My plan is to get it on a real sunny day that really shows off the park and also how busy it is (because whilst we all hate queuing the park is magical when it’s busier too) and probably something similar at night for Scarefest.

I’m sure there are plenty of videos similar to this already but I want my own with my own experience route and flavour.

Does anyone have any thoughts about places I should try and get on video, any gems that people overlook. I’ve not said what my route is (not because I’m prissy about keeping it a secret but I want people thoughts to come naturally rather than dictated by my route) I intend doing all lands, as much of the towers as possible, the Gardens and Skyrides. I don’t intend going deep into the bushes but not adverse to a little off the beaten track (I’m thinking areas like the bear cage) Anything I have overlooked? Any tips for videoing? Anyone also there?

Thanks for reading and I’m looking forward to reading any responses and ideas.

There are stepping stones in the Gardens?!
Had no idea there were lol.
If you go under the lawn bridge, they are around the very top of the gardens, the source of the waterfall that leads down through the water channel.
Not many visit, a little hidden gem near the main paths.
I grumbled about it being overgrown a few years ago, but it was tidied up quite recently.
Only half a dozen steps over a small pool.
Worth hunting out.
Edit...Photos in our very own Features>>Articles>>Journey through the Gardens Part 2.
That was clearly after the big tidy up!

If you go under the lawn bridge, they are around the very top of the gardens, the source of the waterfall that leads down through the water channel.
Not many visit, a little hidden gem near the main paths.
I grumbled about it being overgrown a few years ago, but it was tidied up quite recently.
Only half a dozen steps over a small pool.
Worth hunting out.
This sounds nice, will have to check that out.