• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Viewing on iPad

LiamC

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hex
Hi guys,

Don't know if this happens to anyone else, but with the notification system, when I'm viewing the site on my iPad in Safari this always seems to happen:

image-1_zps2da7b1df.jpg

This tends to happen either when I visit the main forum page or click into any topic. Anyone know if it's something my end and I can change it or something in the site? :)

I have this problem on my iPad as well, and I use Chrome. It is rather annoying, I've just been trying to get used to it :p

Josh said:
I have this problem on my iPad as well, and I use Chrome. It is rather annoying, I've just been trying to get used to it :p

Ahhhh, I thought it was only Safari, was about to switch to using Chrome for here. Glad it's not just that then :)

I get this on my tablet (Samsung) and my laptop. Both using Chrome. It only happens when the program has stayed open for so much time, so when opening/maximising the program a list of the notifications pop up.

However a refresh of the page gets things back to normal for me - so I haven't found it to be much of a problem. :)

James said:
I get this on my tablet (Samsung) and my laptop. Both using Chrome. It only happens when the program has stayed open for so much time, so when opening/maximising the program a list of the notifications pop up.

However a refresh of the page gets things back to normal for me - so I haven't found it to be much of a problem. :)

I've found it doesn't happen on my laptop at all when using Chrome. Tried it on Chrome on my iPad and it's the same on there, even after a refresh. Stays the same after a refresh on Safari too. Very weird ???

I image it something to do with the touch-screen navigation on tablet devices. I'm sure Joel will poke at it a bit.

Bit late to the party, but I've not had this issue using Dolphin. Mind you, I have most alerts turned off, so I rarely have more than one or two at a time. Even so, they still behave normally.

This issue for me (on a Samsung tablet) stopped a long while ago. Not sure if Joel fiddled with something but it's not happened for a long time. :)

Seems to have sorted itself out on my iPad now, not had it pop up for quite a while now :)