• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Virtual Towers Online

Steve74

TS Member
Don't know if anyone saw one of the 3 live streams yesterday evening, but the team behind Virtual Towers Online revealed some new features of their next release. I won't spoil it here but go to 1hr 31min 36sec for the reveal. What they have done is truly phenomenal. Throughout the whole stream, the team talk about the simulation and answer questions. Well worth watching. All being well, the version shown will be released this weeekend. I know this simulation has been mentioned before in various threads, but thought it now warranted it's own.

The whole stream

And this takes you to the reveal:

Yeah it's fantastic, keeps getting better and better with each update. The dev team are so talented and passionate. They also released physical merch during the stream, including t-shirts and mugs. :)

I'm a moderator on the IMS/VTO Discord server, check it out if you haven't already. (I won't link it here as it's not allowed- it's on the stream descriptions and the IMS website)

Last edited:
CoasterDan has done a fantastic step-by-step video on how to properly download VTO. If you haven't downloaded it before be sure to watch the video first to ensure you do it correctly! :)

This does look impressive. They are going for a perfect recreation by the looks of it.

They released there Hex recreation a few years ago and I remember taking a look at it. Impressive to say the least. It was Hex like for like.

This does look impressive. They are going for a perfect recreation by the looks of it.

They released there Hex recreation a few years ago and I remember taking a look at it. Impressive to say the least. It was Hex like for like.
They're re-working it currently. it's on the map but you can't go inside, although in the imminent update you will be able to enter the Towers. Will be unnerving exploring them in the dark!

I hadn't paid this much attention before because whenever I saw the logo I thought it looked quite amateurish (like any other fan recreation). I also almost left this page when I saw the video was 2 hours long!

But jumping ahead to the reveal and actually seeing it I have to say it looks fantastic! I can believe they actually surveyed the park because the geographical accuracy seems perfect. So far I can't fault it, and even better it all looks clean and prestine ;)

Bump!

Bumping this old thread because Virtual Towers Online has another update soon, which is due for release on Christmas Day. This will be an entirely separate build from the previous one, featuring just Forbidden Valley (Nemmy, Ripsaw and Blade). Screwyloops did a first-look walkaround on Youtube a few weeks back, but bear in mind that some features were missing from the build he played.

Now, I will clarify that I have had access to (later) test builds myself (I'm a moderator on the VTO Discord server), and can guarantee that it will be worth the wait!

If anyone wants to check out the project's discord server, the link is below (mods please feel free to edit if linking to discord servers isn't allowed).

Nem in particular is... Disappointing in some areas. Not a fan of how it doesn't have a proper trailered setup, the dispatch and block setup feels more like a minigame rather than the simulation experience that kind of forms the whole overarching theme of VTO, the "LEDs" look awful and you can't switch them off once they're on, and the modelling has some very harsh edges which really ought to be beveled. From an overall package standpoint, it's good, however it's not prime.

Nem in particular is... Disappointing in some areas. Not a fan of how it doesn't have a proper trailered setup, the dispatch and block setup feels more like a minigame rather than the simulation experience that kind of forms the whole overarching theme of VTO, the "LEDs" look awful and you can't switch them off once they're on, and the modelling has some very harsh edges which really ought to be beveled. From an overall package standpoint, it's good, however it's not prime.
Hi, I work with the team behind the project. Please remember that VTO is in rolling development, i.e. it is constantly changing. If you would like to share your thoughts with the team please join our Discord server via the link I posted earlier in this thread. Some things can be missed and the build is constantly being updated to fix those. Also, the LEDs on the trains can be turned off, you just have to click the switch a few times.

Thanks.

Last edited: