• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Bert2theSpark

TS Member
I found this on RCDB regarding a new coaster in 2020. It is set to be in a new country either Romania, Croatia or Poland. Let the speculation begin!

Last edited:
The irony of this being on RCDB three years before it will be built, when The Smiler wasn't listed even 3 months before it opened!
In fairness to RCDB, they have been much more on the ball with regards to listing SW8. Also, they are probably the best we’ve got in terms of logging coasters worldwide.

Does RCDB not only listed near enough confirmed coasters and don't remember anything from EP to suggest a new coaster?

Does RCDB not only listed near enough confirmed coasters and don't remember anything from EP to suggest a new coaster?

The Mack's have confirmed that a big new coaster is being planned however have not said exactly when this will be, partly because that decision has not actually been made yet!

:)

In an interview from EAS Michael Mack has shared some more details about Europa's future new coaster.

The audio is rather poor but I've tried my best to make out and translate what he said - hopefully it all correct!

He says it will open after 2020 but doesn't mention a specific year. First Piraten will reopen in 2020.

He says the coaster will use the newest technologies and be mixture of various ride types - it will be unlike anything that currently exists.

The interviewer then mentions Time Traveller and Michael Mack says "it will be mix of Time Traveller, of turntables ... a mix of a lot of things to make one unique coaster. And a couple km of track".

It certainly sounds interesting...

Still honestly none the wiser as to what the finished coaster will be like.
Is it an Xtreme Spinner with some extra features and elements? Or something else completely which has some feature or element from the Xtreme Spinner model?

Does the mention of turntables mean trick track elements as part of a dark ride section, or a dual station - either for a higher capacity or a VR station like Can Can Coaster?

If he is serious in saying 'a couple of km of track' - could that mean dueling coasters rather than one really long coaster?

Nevertheless a new long coaster for Europa in few years with some crazy new Mack tech is exciting!

Last edited:
I think it will be a time traveler train and they will use the turntables to create different track sections. So the track will split into two sections (left curve, right curve) and then after some time will come together and split again ...

A bigger version of Time Traveler would be just perfect for EP! Excited to see what they have planned, although it does sound like we are going to have to wait until 2021.

2021 sounds like a good year to me, because that's when my parents have said they'll take me to EP for my 18th birthday if I don't want anything else! I've wanted to go for so long, and a new cred would just put the icing on the cake for me!

Seems a fair gap between major coaster installations if we’re saying 2021 at the earliest. Especially since I’m not counting Can Can and Ba-a-a Express as major.

It is a gap between larger coasters - but remember Arthur, Voletarium and Can Can have been more expensive than their large coaster installations. They have really focussed on getting the Rust-side of the park up to standard.

This interview with Michael and Thomas Mack confirms that due to the fire, a new major coaster at Europa-Park has been pushed back however it will come within the next 5 years.

It will be a Mack coaster, and nothing will need to be removed to make way from it. I would suspect either 2022 or 2023 now.

With all the major additions every year, you sometimes forget how long it's been since a significant coaster was added to Europa-Park's lineup. I'm honestly fine with waiting at this point because whatever they add in the intervening years will be worth it. If Alton Towers were to see a similar amount of investment without producing a coaster, we'd probably see it as a positive more than just forcing a new coaster on us every few years.

Shame really, but it's totally understandable at the same time when you consider that, alongside with their recent large investments, that the recover of Scandinavia and Piraten would need to (rightly) take major priority.

I think Europa can get away with not away a big coaster for so long because it's a theme park and not an amusement park. The other attractions and facility play just as an important role.

A new coaster sounds great but where would they put it? A quick glance at the park from above on Google shows very little free space. To the south west of Wodan and Blue Fire and across the road, is a patch of empty land. Do EP own this? Could something be placed here in the future?

They have still one big piece of land, but i don't know if they want to use it for the next rollercoaster. There are rumours that the next rollercoaster could be placed at the center of the park (english/luxembourg themed area).

That's interesting although again not much space to work with in those areas. Behind Crazy Taxi in England is however a fair bit of land but again not sure if EP own that as it looks like a garden with a swimming pool!