• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Walibi Rhône-Alpes: General Discussion

The new Gerstlauer will be called Mystic:

DzIb6dUWoAIHvB-.jpg

We rode Mystic twice today.

It's perfect for the park, which is small (and very well kept!).

Mystic offers comfort and airtime. The theming, whilst not mind-blowing, is apt.

I thought it rode better than Hangtime at Knott's!

34b396616e1a7fd5618c5f9254a2c86b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Great ride, certainly in my top half of Gerst infinity coasters! The backwards bit doesn't feel quite so well refined as say, Fury, but it doesn't matter much as it doesn't go backwards for long. The hang time on the front row is very good too.

Edit: I lie. Having thought about it it's not top 50% of infinitys for me, but I've only done 5 and I rank it 4th. That being said I really do like all I've done, so that's not to say it's at all bad!

Last edited:
Sounds like Mystic is a perfect coaster for a small park such as this. How did you guys find Timber?

Quite a good layout but let down a bit by the bad trains - I've never been a fan of timberliners as they tend to vibrate quite a lot.

Sounds like Mystic is a perfect coaster for a small park such as this. How did you guys find Timber?
Really enjoyed Timber for what it was! Agree with John re: the trains but it fits well in the park. It's what Heidi at Plopsa should have been, in my view.

There are reports that Walibi Rhône-Alpes could be getting an Intamin single rail Hot Racer coaster in 2024:

It is not certain whether or not this leak is genuine. I can imagine such a coaster would suit the park, but with Walibi Holland getting an RMC Raptor shortly it does seem strange that they would go for Intmain at Rhône-Alpes.