• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are the most notable parts of the UK you haven’t been to?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As TowersStreet is a British site covering a British theme park, I’m guessing that most people on here live in the United Kingdom. We as enthusiasts often talk a lot about travel and foreign travel, but when talking about travel and places we haven’t been, we can often forget about our home country; good old Great Britain! With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; what are some of the most notable parts of the UK you have never been to? What parts of our home nation still elude you? I’m sure that no one on here, even the relatively well travelled among us, has covered the entire United Kingdom, so I’d be interested to know!

I’ll get the ball rolling with my answers.

In terms of where in the UK I’ve never been to, there are actually a surprising amount. There are many, many counties I’ve never been to, and even some entire ONS regions that I’ve never been to! Some of my big UK blind spots include:
  • I have never set foot in Scotland or Northern Ireland.
  • I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out of the car in the East Midlands aside from at Trowell services on the M1, so I’d say that’s a pretty notable part of the UK I’ve never covered.
  • I’ve been to some of the parts of the East of England that directly adjoin London (I’ve been to the Warner Bros Studio Tour and London Stansted Airport, and that’s about it), but I’ve never set foot in the more easterly part that’s generally considered East Anglia (I’m talking the Norfolk/Suffolk kind of area, with the likes of Cambridgeshire and the vast majority of Essex also coming under this umbrella).
  • I’ve been to York, as well as Flamingo Land, so I’ve done a bit of Yorkshire & The Humber, but I’ve never been to what the ONS considers the North East aside from a quick excursion from York to the Dogs Trust centre in Darlington when I was 7.
  • I’ve covered South Wales pretty extensively, but I’ve never been to North or Mid Wales.
  • In terms of large cities; I’ve never actually been to either Manchester or Liverpool aside from having flown from Manchester Airport, even though I’ve covered a fair few bits of the North West. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve been to any of the Northern cities aside from Chester and York…
But I’d be interested to know; what are some of the most notable parts of the UK you’ve never been to?

* I have never set foot in Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Never been to lands end

* never been to the East of England, East Anglia, Norfolk/Suffolk Cambridgeshire and Essex

* never been to Yorkshire

* I’ve covered north and mid Wales pretty extensively, but I’ve never been to south Wales.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Due to where I live, I've been just about everywhere in Cornwall, including Lands End. I've been pretty much everywhere on the mainland that's south of Yorkshire and Lancashire. Hadn't ever been to East Anglia, Suffolk or Norfolk until a few years ago and it's a very pretty part of the country.

So far, I'm most fond of Cornwall more than anywhere else, followed probably by Suffolk and then the New Forest. Due to my heritage, I like south wales but it's the most left behind part of the country I've ever been too, especially in the valleys. In terms of cities, I have a fondness for Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff, something very down to earth and homely about then all.

Never set foot in Northern Ireland, North Wales or North East England. Only ever been to South west Scotland, but would love to visit the rest.

I’ve never been to Ireland (Northern nor Republic of). I’ve been to Scotland but not yet to Edinburgh or Glasgow. In England most notably I’ve never visited Bristol, Liverpool, or York, and hadn’t visited Newcastle properly until @Craig dragged me up there earlier this year!

Not been to Northern Ireland but would like to soon to complete the UK states.

Somerset the furthest South West I have been, so would like to do deep Devon and Cornwall at some point.

Cities on the to-do list would be Bath, Bristol, Oxford, Oxford, Cardiff, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and probably a few on the south coast as I have only really done Hastings on the very bottom of the country.

I've done England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (and Republic of Ireland if we're counting). Not been North of Edinburgh/Shotts/Glasgow, not been to IOW or the Welsh Valleys.

Done pretty much everywhere else thanks to various jobs, with TV work taking me to the Titanic Dockyard, plus most racing circuits and many, many arenas/venues, and my current job having previously taken me all over including fun places like nuclear sites and military bases. Fun times.

I've never been to Norther Ireland, and have no huge desire to do so.

As a child of a family with a touring caravan there are very few bits of the Englisha nd Welsh coast I've not visited! City wise I don’t think I've ever set foot in Liverpool.

I've visited a couple of the more southern Scotish cities and islands, the more rural and wild northern parts are probably some of the areas I'd like to see most, I loved the Isle of Aaron which is as reported as I've gone up there so far.

I've been all over the place, really. Not explored the Home Counties too much, and never been very far up the east or west coasts (other than on the train when going to Scotland). Not explored the far north or eastern bits of Scotland, not done north Wales, and never visited Northern Ireland.