• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What are your thoughts on attractions with a message?

What are your thoughts on attractions with a message?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As much as theme parks are designed to be light-hearted places of entertainment, attractions sometimes have a deeper, more serious message behind them. From Animal Kingdom’s pro-conservation undertone to Epcot’s edutainment style, and even things like SeaWorld’s “don’t litter on the beach” message in Turtle Trek, attractions with a message are more common than one might expect. So my question to you today is; what are your thoughts on “edutainment” and morals being included within attractions? Do you like this, or do you not like it?

Personally, I think it’s sometimes quite nice and heart-warming. As much as theme parks are a light-hearted form of entertainment, I don’t personally think there’s anything wrong with learning while having fun in principle, and if designers are able to use theme park attractions as a vehicle to teach a message that encourages a better world, then that’s great! So I certainly don’t have any objection to attractions with a message, but I wouldn’t say I have an overly strong opinion on the matter; I don’t mind them at all, and the message can sometimes be quite heart-warming, in my opinion!

But what are your thoughts?

I don't mind, as long as you leave feeling possitive and not burdened with the inescapable truth that all life on earth is doomed and fleeting moments of joy are a futile distraction from the relentless destruction all human life has on this fragile world. Keep it light.