• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What does parkexpert mean?

Jordan

TS Contributor
I might have missed an announcement around here lately, but I notice that TowersStreet and RideCount now fall under the umbrella of "parkexpert".

I'd like to know a bit more about what this is, who is part of it (is it a subset of the TS team? anyone else?) and what this means for TowersStreet and its community.

I've missed this. Ain't got a scooby what you are talking about me old china.

Hi Jordan (and Diogo),

We wondered how long it would be until somebody noticed it...

This is a bit of a pet project from Joel and Ian so I'm sure they can spread some more info if they have any but basically it's not anything too extensive right now.

As a team we have various ideas and plans that we may or may not implement down the line and 'parkexpert' is simply a placeholder idea right now.

It doesn't affect anything to do with TowersStreet and nor will it - it's just future planning for anything we may do as a team to further the site in the future :)

There was no 'announcement' for park.expert really as we had nothing new to announce, other than that TowersStreet and ridecount are simply under the umbrella of a new name, rather than being soul entities.

What it means for either site at this moment in time is quite literally nothing - as nothing is or has changed - other than association to each other through a parent rather than direct association between TS and ridecount.

The creation and branding of the sites is strategic at this time, and any ideas and plans we may have are 'business sensitive' at the stage they may be at, so if or when we have more information about plans, developments, any changes to either site (or quite frankly anything interesting to share! :p) we'll let you know :)

Does this mean you now have the excuse to update the entire TowersStreet website into a similar design to ridecounts new and lovely frock, @Joel?

*not to gloat, but I did spot this a while ago ;) Just thought I'd await an announcement of any sort by the team incase I was going to spoil the fun!

Does this mean you now have the excuse to update the entire TowersStreet website into a similar design to ridecounts new and lovely frock, @Joel?

Hah we should be so lucky.. I have so much work on I have a waiting list at the moment! :p But we did do a few style tweaks to TS a couple of weeks ago, and we have a few little more bits lined up soon too :D