• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What’s the wettest you’ve ever gotten on a non-water ride?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. We’re all used to getting wet on a water ride by this point. Whether it’s a log flume, rapids, water coaster or something else entirely, a pretty thorough drenching from a water ride is not uncommon. However, some rides that aren’t explicitly water rides employ water or water-based effects in some capacity, and sometimes, these can be surprisingly wet! With this in mind, I’d be interested to know; what’s the wettest you’ve ever gotten on a non-water ride? It probably sounds like a bizarrely specific question, but I was reminded of it when I watched Coaster Studios’ review of the Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster this evening and Taylor talked about the mist on Sik (this is a potential spoiler of one of my picks…).

I’ll get the ball rolling with my answers…

Personally, I have two picks for this thread. They are:
  • Sik at Flamingo Land: You might not typically expect to get too wet on an Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster, and Sik is hardly the first coaster I’ve ridden with mist effects. However, the mist on Sik is turned up to a ridiculously high level way beyond that of the mist on any other misty coaster I’ve been on! You go through mist at three different points in Sik’s layout, and each time, it almost feels like you’re getting squirted with a face full of water! My hair was consistently soaking wet when I got off… based on my hair, I genuinely looked like I’d been for a good shower after each of my 3 rides on Sik!
  • Fast & Furious: Supercharged at Universal Studios Florida: Universal are a fan of a good water squirt here and there on their numerous simulator rides. However, it felt to me like none used the water squirters quite as prolifically as Fast & Furious: Supercharged. I found the ride a bit of an overwhelming blur, if I’m being honest. However, it felt like every time Vin Diesel or whoever stars in F&F shot a gun, blew something up or did something on screen, the truck got sprayed with water! And not just mildly sprinkled, either; they felt like properly vigorous squirts of water! I certainly stepped off Fast & Furious: Supercharged having received a fair old spray, anyhow; I genuinely reckon it was as wet as some water rides I’ve been on!
But I’d be interested to know; what’s the wettest you’ve ever gotten on a non-water ride?

Hyperion can give a big old slap of moisture to the face.

Not done Sik but the mist on Nemesis Inferno used to get cranked up on occasion. Sometimes even reaching Pizza Pasta.

Maybe Saw: The Ride when the 'blood' coming out of the mannequin is actually functioning.

1. Being sent through the Infusion station without stopping in very heavy rain, alone on the ride, just for the amusement of the operations staff.
2. Being held on the Big Dipper lift hill, stopped and alone, in the pouring rain, listening to the ride op laughing his head off...just for fun of course.
3. Camera stoppage on the Big One in pouring rain for five minutes.
The punter that caused the stoppage was well cursed by all the other moist punters on the train.

1. Big One in heavy rain, on multiple occasions. Came off wetter than if I'd gone on Valhalla each time.
2. Nemesis Inferno, when Thorpe was dead about a decade ago, heavy rain and they were letting me just stay on the ride until I asked them to stop, as nobody was in the air gates.
3. Not so much soaked but Shambhala in the wind, going through the splash down it blew the jet of water into my face.

Top Spin Number 1.

It’s a travelling Huss Top Spin on the European circuit. It holds you upside down over the water jets several times and gives you a really good spray in the face. Would have loved to have experienced Blast, the Top Spin at Walibi Holland which looks to be an extremely wet experience but sadly it was down when I visited. There’s a TPWW video of Shaun riding it and getting absolutely drenched.

Sik does indeed give you a very good misting. The Monkey Swinger at Chessington can get you good as well.

Monkey Swinger at Chessington can get you extremely wet if the water effects are on and you make the mistake of sitting in an outside seat. Fortunately I have only seen this happen to someone else.

If we are including rain-related incidents, my first ever ride on The Smiler was a real drenching, some apocalyptically wet bank holiday monday in summer 2013. Nearly washed my contact lenses out of my eyes on the vertical lift.

I was on the middle row of seats, which I thought would mostly be ok. Turns out just the inside seats avoided the jets, which I wasn't expecting to be in use on a not particularly warm September day anyway.

Though still not as wet as Flying Machines at BPB on a rainy day. A mistake I'll not make again, it was like being in a revolving cold shower.

Monkey Swinger at Chessington can get you extremely wet if the water effects are on and you make the mistake of sitting in an outside seat. Fortunately I have only seen this happen to someone else.

If we are including rain-related incidents, my first ever ride on The Smiler was a real drenching, some apocalyptically wet bank holiday monday in summer 2013. Nearly washed my contact lenses out of my eyes on the vertical lift.
Quite often from my experience, even if you are in an outside seat on Monkey Swinger, the water effects can miss you.

Then there is the torture effect of the Oblivion lift hill in the lashing rain...
Getting to jump the queue after the heavy rain warning, if you don't want to ride, stand aside for the idiots.
I am one of those idiots.
And then you get to wait on the brake run for ten minutes.