• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your Legoland game plan?

Dementedde

TS Member
I'm going to Legoland next Tuesday for 2 days. I've never been before and I really want to get the most out of the day. Now when it comes to Thorpe Park and Alton Towers, I know what the most popular rides are and when's the best time to do them in the day. However Legoland I haven't got a clue... Apart from the new flying theatre type ride which will obviously be the first ride to do in the day...

So what else after it in which order would you guys recommend? Please include Miniland, 4d theatre etc and let me know what's the best time to do those non queue attractions as well.

Many thanks

It's been a while since I've had a proper game plan for Legoland (before Ninjago, HH and Sky Lion opened) but here's some general good hints:

- If you are waiting by the barriers at ride opening (this was at the exits to Miniland a few years ago) head straight to Laser Raiders or Boating/Driving school. They have very low throuputs and on a busy day this will be your only chance to ride them without an unreasonably long wait.

- Ignore Viking River Splash at first. Its the first and last ride a lot of guests come across and so is always best to do around the middle of the day. Same applies to visiting the main Lego store, Hill Train and Miniland.

- Similar to the above head as far into the park early as possible and work your way back up the hill during the day. The Dragon, Sky Lion and Deep Sea will normally stay quiet for the first hour (or longer on a quiet day) but once everyone else reaches them they'll get really busy. Remember that most guests have young children with them that will want to stop at every attraction they see, so it takes the crowds a long time to get all the way into the park.

- Keep a close eye on queue time boards during the day. There are some great rides tucked away like Fairy Tale Brook that might suddenly go quiet during the day.

- Avoided the Skyrider unless it has no queue. Any change in weather can cause it to close, including "being too sunny" :p

- Take advantage of the shows. I'd recommend watching them if you get the chance. But even if you don't the rides near them will be quieter when the show is on and really busy once it ends. Try and get on the Heartlake express while there's a show on.

- When the crowds get too much go to Miniland and the 4D theatre, those are your escape attractions.

Last edited:
Agree with all of the tips above, I have a few more to add:

- For Flight of the Sky Lion, if you want to go their first you'll need to get there really early and be towards the front of the crowds. On most busy days it will easily go straight to 75-90 minutes. If you don't get there early, it's best to wait until later in the day as it often drops in the afternoon.

- Fairytale Brook is a definitely a good one to do when other queues are long. It's often walk-on and only really gets to around 30 minutes maximum.

- Definitely download the app just like at the other parks so you can see if any queue times drop, but do take the app times with a pinch of salt though as they're often pretty inaccurate at Legoland, especially at the end of the day. When I went week last Laser Raiders & Ninjago were both walk on from about 6 despite still advertising 30 min queues.

Last edited:
For Sky Lion, go at around lunchtime (about 12:30pm or so, I’d recommend). We did that, and got incredibly lucky, as it was a 40 minute queue, compared to 90 minutes earlier in the day! It was also 90 minutes again when we’d gotten off the ride, so I’d certainly suggest 12:30pm or so (around lunchtime) for tackling Flight of the Sky Lion/Mythica!

It's possible the Sky Lion queue is also dramatically effected by the show times. To get to the ride you either have to walk past the harbour show or all the way around the lake. There are also 2 major restaurants at the entrance to Mythica.
It's possible that between 12 and 1:30 and while the show is on very few people join the Sky Lion queue.
That could explain what Matt is referring to. But that's just me speculating.

My advice: unless you're getting their fastpass don't bother.

Reactions: D4n