• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which 1994 Coaster will be removed 1st?

Which 1994 coaster will be removed 1st and why

• Nemesis

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The Big One

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Shockwave

Votes: 57 86.4%

• Total voters
Can't see any of them being removed any time soon - but it will undoubtedly be Shockwave first when the time comes.

Sadly I don’t have 100% confidence that BPB will exist by the time I’m retired, or at least not in its current form anyway.

The Big One may be the signature coaster of BPB but if the park closes or goes down a different route (a la Lightwater Valley) which I don’t think is inconceivable, then I think we’re more likely to see the removal of The Big One than we are Shockwave or Nemesis.

I seriously hope I’m wrong.

Also I'm not sure Drayton would be able to afford to replace with something even close to that scale.
They been told they can’t replace Shockwave with another coaster on the same site as it’s partly on green belt land and got a lot of complaints from the locals.
Also the Buffalo coaster is 34 years old now is that will be replaced before Shockwave.

At this point now I'd say Nemesis because Towers would be able to give it a proper send off, and also make some attempt at replacing it.

Blackpool and Drayton are now both investing on prolonging the rides as they know that's more cost effective than having to remove and replace the rides.
I mean now at the Pleasure Beach provided the supports are OK they could conceivably continue a never ending process of retracking the ride as required.

At this point now I'd say Nemesis because Towers would be able to give it a proper send off, and also make some attempt at replacing it.

Blackpool and Drayton are now both investing on prolonging the rides as they know that's more cost effective than having to remove and replace the rides.
I mean now at the Pleasure Beach provided the supports are OK they could conceivably continue a never ending process of retracking the ride as required.

Nemesis has had a reasonable amount of retracting and work in the last few years too.

I think it will all depend on space.

Shockwave I could maybe see new trains and a rebrand before it’s moved completely. The red train been out of service for years now and the parts from it does to keep the Blue train going.

The Big One really can’t be replaced with anything else and how many attractions interact with it.

Nemesis with every major area now with a coaster or 2 they running out of space for new coasters. Can’t see Spinball been replaced by another coaster but can see maybe Rita removed for another SW coaster than it will come down deciding if it be Nemesis or Oblivion removed 1st.

Sorry for the double post. Was thinking with Blackpool every closed season getting sections replaced on the Big One and Nemesis getting replaced later this year. Would that make Shockwave the winner?

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet Shockwave hasn't carried anywhere near as many guests as Nemesis or The Big One, nor could Drayton realistically afford to do anything substantial with it.

Realistically, the only thing it could win at is the worst of the 94' trilogy.

Besides, Nemesis isn't being removed entirely. There will still be original track pieces.

I think Shockwave, I'm not counting The Big One and Nemesis track replacement, as the rides aren't being removed. The fact that both are being retracked almost guarantees Shockwave will be removed first.

Are enthusiasts classing 'New Nemesis' as a new cred? If so, I'd say the original is no more and out of the running ;)

Well the Big One isn’t the same coaster from opening as something about the 1st drop was changed.
Having still the lift hill and break run isn’t classed as the same ride.
Drayton cause part of it was build on green belt land and the noise it makes which can be heard from the nearby village when it is time to retire Shockwave it can’t be replaced by another coaster.

The deck of the Ship of Theseus is swept with Trigger's Broom.
The Big One is the same coaster.
It wasn't just the first drop that was reprofiled.
According to 99.99% of the population, it is the same ride, and has never changed.
Only the odd geek, freak and happy clapper thinks otherwise.
The way the parks are heading, Shockwave will go first, as it does not fit Drayton's current market.

The deck of the Ship of Theseus is swept with Trigger's Broom.
The Big One is the same coaster.
It wasn't just the first drop that was reprofiled.
According to 99.99% of the population, it is the same ride, and has never changed.
Only the odd geek, freak and happy clapper thinks otherwise.
The way the parks are heading, Shockwave will go first, as it does not fit Drayton's current market.

It doesn’t suit the market no, but it does offer something different to the way they are heading, and is so intertwined in an area they have just reinvested in, I think it’ll be safe for a while

Me personally I can't stand shockwave I find it unbearable maybe because I'm on the taller side whereas Nemesis even in it's current form I can lap it over and over I don't think I'd mind shockwave if it was a sit down but then it wouldn't be so unique.