• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which coaster lineup in the UK is your favourite?

Which UK coaster lineup is your favourite?

• Paultons Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chessington World of Adventures

• Oakwood Theme Park

• Drayton Manor

• Flamingo Land

• Fantasy Island

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. The UK has a surprising amount of parks for a relatively small country in terms of landmass, and this naturally means that the UK has quite a number of coaster lineups. These vary in quantity and variety, but there are a surprising amount of coasters in the UK nonetheless. After a furious debate in the Blackpool Pleasure Beach topic yesterday regarding its coaster lineup vs Alton Towers' (amongst other things), it got me thinking about my favourite UK coaster lineups. As such, my question to you today is; which coaster lineup in the UK is your favourite?

Personally, I would vote for the coaster lineup of Alton Towers as a gut instinct answer. Their top coaster for me (Wicker Man) is one of my favourite coasters in the UK and sits firmly in my top 10, Oblivion isn't at all far behind (it's at #11 and the very top of my 9/10 tier, in fact!), and overall, the park has a number of very solid headliners, in my view!

However, I'd be interested to work out the answer to this statistically based on my coaster rankings and ratings from my spreadsheet...
My UK parks ranked by measures of central tendency of all ridden coasters
Mean Rating

RankingParkMean Rating out of 10 (to 1dp)Number of Ridden Coasters
1Alton Towers6.510
2Paultons Park65
3Thorpe Park5.77
4Oakwood Theme Park5.34
5Drayton Manor4.84
6Blackpool Pleasure Beach4.510
7Legoland Windsor41
8Chessington World of Adventures44
9West Midlands Safari Park32
10South Pier Blackpool21
Median Rating
RankingParkMedian Rating out of 10 (to 1dp)Number of Ridden Coasters
1Alton Towers6.510
2Paultons Park65
3Thorpe Park57
4Oakwood Theme Park54
5Drayton Manor4.54
6Blackpool Pleasure Beach410
7Legoland Windsor41
8Chessington World of Adventures44
9West Midlands Safari Park32
10South Pier Blackpool21
Mean Ranking
RankingParkMean Ranking out of 99 Ranked/Rated Coasters (to 1dp)Number of Ridden Coasters
1Alton Towers39.410
2Paultons Park45.45
3Thorpe Park47.17
4Oakwood Theme Park514
5Drayton Manor60.54
6Blackpool Pleasure Beach61.810
7Legoland Windsor671
8Chessington World of Adventures69.34
9West Midlands Safari Park78.52
10South Pier Blackpool931
Median Ranking
RankingParkMedian Ranking out of 99 Ranked/Rated Coasters (to 1dp)Number of Ridden Coasters
1Alton Towers3310
2Paultons Park405
3Thorpe Park477
4Oakwood Theme Park494
5Drayton Manor61.54
6Blackpool Pleasure Beach65.510
7Legoland Windsor671
8Chessington World of Adventures71.54
9West Midlands Safari Park78.52
10South Pier Blackpool931
By the measures of central tendency for all UK parks, Alton Towers wins for me by mean and median rankings and ratings, with Paultons Park and Thorpe Park coming 2nd and 3rd in all measures respectively.

However, I would say that measures of central tendency across a whole lineup are not necessarily an accurate indicator of how much I or anyone else likes a park's lineup, as for me (and I'm sure this is the case for many others), I can look past some slightly weaker links if the park's top few coasters are really good. Measures of central tendency for the whole lineup doesn't take the top-ranking coasters into account, purely considering what things look like at the centre of the park's ranking. They are quite good for determining how consistently strong a lineup is, but perhaps not for how much one personally likes a park's lineup. For instance, all of these measures have Paultons Park as my 2nd favourite coaster lineup in the UK. Would I personally say that was the case if asked? No, I wouldn't. This isn't a slight against Paultons by any means, but I'd say that its lineup lacks a few thrill headliners compared to some of my personal favourite parks in the UK.

With this in mind, I'll try this out looking solely at the parks' top 3 coasters...
My UK parks ranked by measures of central tendency of the top 3 ridden coasters
Mean Rating of Top 3
RankingParkMean Rating out of 10 (to 1dp)Top 3 Coasters and their Ratings
1Alton Towers9.3
  1. Wicker Man (10/10)
  2. Oblivion (9/10)
  3. Rita (9/10)
2Thorpe Park8
  1. Nemesis Inferno (9/10)
  2. Stealth (8/10)
  3. The Swarm (7/10)
3Blackpool Pleasure Beach7.7
  1. Icon (10/10)
  2. Avalanche (7/10)
  3. Nickelodeon Streak (6/10)
4Paultons Park6.7
  1. Flight of the Pterosaur (7/10)
  2. Storm Chaser (7/10)
  3. Cobra (6/10)
5Oakwood Theme Park6
  1. Megafobia (8/10)
  2. Speed (5/10)
  3. Treetops (5/10)
6Drayton Manor5
  1. Accelerator (6/10)
  2. Troublesome Trucks (5/10)
  3. Shockwave (4/10)
7Chessington World of Adventures4.7
  1. Dragon's Fury (6/10)
  2. Vampire (4/10)
  3. Scorpion Express (4/10)
8Legoland Windsor4
  1. Dragon (4/10)
9West Midlands Safari Park3
  1. Rhino Coaster (4/10)
  2. Monkey Mayhem (2/10)
10South Pier Blackpool2
  1. Crazy Coaster (2/10)
Median Rating of Top 3
RankingParkMedian Rating out of 10 (to 1dp)Top 3 Coasters and their Ratings
1Alton Towers9
  1. Wicker Man (10/10)
  2. Oblivion (9/10)
  3. Rita (9/10)
2Thorpe Park8
  1. Nemesis Inferno (9/10)
  2. Stealth (8/10)
  3. The Swarm (7/10)
3Blackpool Pleasure Beach7
  1. Icon (10/10)
  2. Avalanche (7/10)
  3. Nickelodeon Streak (6/10)
4Paultons Park7
  1. Flight of the Pterosaur (7/10)
  2. Storm Chaser (7/10)
  3. Cobra (6/10)
5Oakwood Theme Park5
  1. Megafobia (8/10)
  2. Speed (5/10)
  3. Treetops (5/10)
6Drayton Manor5
  1. Accelerator (6/10)
  2. Troublesome Trucks (5/10)
  3. Shockwave (4/10)
7Chessington World of Adventures4
  1. Dragon's Fury (6/10)
  2. Vampire (4/10)
  3. Scorpion Express (4/10)
8Legoland Windsor4
  1. Dragon (4/10)
9West Midlands Safari Park3
  1. Rhino Coaster (4/10)
  2. Monkey Mayhem (2/10)
10South Pier Blackpool2
  1. Crazy Coaster (2/10)
Mean Ranking of Top 3
RankingParkMean Ranking out of 99 Ranked/Rated Coasters (to 1dp)Top 3 Coasters and their Rankings
1Alton Towers13
  1. Wicker Man (#10)
  2. Oblivion (#11)
  3. Rita (#18)
2Thorpe Park21.3
  1. Nemesis Inferno (#17)
  2. Stealth (#19)
  3. The Swarm (#28)
3Blackpool Pleasure Beach28.7
  1. Icon (#8)
  2. Avalanche (#32)
  3. Nickelodeon Streak (#46)
4Paultons Park36.3
  1. Flight of the Pterosaur (#34)
  2. Storm Chaser (#35)
  3. Cobra (#40)
5Oakwood Theme Park40.7
  1. Megafobia (#24)
  2. Speed (#48)
  3. Treetops (#50)
6Drayton Manor55.7
  1. Accelerator (#44)
  2. Troublesome Trucks (#59)
  3. Shockwave (#64)
7Chessington World of Adventures62
  1. Dragon's Fury (#43)
  2. Vampire (#69)
  3. Scorpion Express (#74)
8Legoland Windsor67
  1. Dragon (#67)
9West Midlands Safari Park78.5
  1. Rhino Coaster (#61)
  2. Monkey Mayhem (#96)
10South Pier Blackpool93
  1. Crazy Coaster (#93)
Median Ranking
RankingParkMedian Ranking out of 99 Ranked/Rated Coasters (to 1dp)Top 3 Coasters and their Rankings
1Alton Towers11
  1. Wicker Man (#10)
  2. Oblivion (#11)
  3. Rita (#18)
2Thorpe Park19
  1. Nemesis Inferno (#17)
  2. Stealth (#19)
  3. The Swarm (#28)
3Blackpool Pleasure Beach32
  1. Icon (#8)
  2. Avalanche (#32)
  3. Nickelodeon Streak (#46)
4Paultons Park35
  1. Flight of the Pterosaur (#34)
  2. Storm Chaser (#35)
  3. Cobra (#40)
5Oakwood Theme Park48
  1. Megafobia (#24)
  2. Speed (#48)
  3. Treetops (#50)
6Drayton Manor59
  1. Accelerator (#44)
  2. Troublesome Trucks (#59)
  3. Shockwave (#64)
7Legoland Windsor67
  1. Dragon (#67)
8Chessington World of Adventures69
  1. Dragon's Fury (#43)
  2. Vampire (#69)
  3. Scorpion Express (#74)
9West Midlands Safari Park78.5
  1. Rhino Coaster (#61)
  2. Monkey Mayhem (#96)
10South Pier Blackpool93
  1. Crazy Coaster (#93)
So by the measures of central tendency for the top 3, Alton Towers won those too, closely followed by Thorpe Park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

So overall then, I think I can conclude that Alton Towers is definitely my favourite coaster lineup in the UK! I apologise for the long and likely somewhat uninteresting statistical detour, but I thought that it might be interesting to delve through my rankings and see empirically how the UK's lineups stack up with each other. But I'd be keen to know; what is your favourite coaster lineup in the UK?

Last edited:
Definitely Alton Towers, for me. Thorpe Park also has a very good lineup, in my opinion. On average, the coasters at Alton Towers are better than Thorpe's, though.

My favourite UK coaster is currently being re tracked, so as it stands with no Nemesis it has to be Thorpe Park.

I hate Microsoft excel and I’m a little tipsy so that’s as detailed as I can get sadly.

If we're ignoring SBNO and Removed (Nemesis (#1), Wild Mouse (#14), Ultimate (#16) and Spinning Racer (#36)) then my top 10 UK operating coasters are:

Wicker Man (#22)
The Smiler (#24)
Dragon's Fury (#28)
Spinball Whizzer (#29)
The Swarm (#37)
Nemesis Inferno (#38)
Grand National (#44)
SAW (#47)
Oblivion (#48)
Rita (#49)

Considering 5 of those are at Towers, easy answer

Aside from Hero, Flamingoland has quite a good line up. Kumali is a decent old style Vekoma SLC, Velocity is unique, Mumbo Jumbo is fun and Sik looks like a good addition. Perhaps their children’s coasters could be better but for a small park, it’s not bad

As I can never resist a ranking, I thought I'd have a go at ranking the UK coaster selections I've done by gut feeling and explain my reasoning for each placement:
  1. Alton Towers - This is definitely top dog for me. Wicker Man is right up there in my top 10, Oblivion isn't far behind, Rita closes out the top 3 nicely, Nemesis is great, Thirteen is good fun... the park has a lot of excellent draws, and to be honest, there's not much that's overly low-ranking. 7 of the 10 coasters I've ridden in the park are in my top 50%, which is no mean feat!
  2. Thorpe Park - Thorpe has a really good, solid coaster selection; Stealth, Nemesis Inferno and Swarm all make my top 30, and 4 out of 7 of the coasters I've ridden at the park make my top 50%. However, there aren't quite as many coasters as at Alton, and unlike Alton, I think they lack a 10/10 tier draw for me at present, if I'm being really pedantic. I'm optimistic that Exodus could end up being that draw, and if it is, it will make Thorpe and Alton a slightly closer match for me. At present, though, the slightly lower quantity of coasters compared to Alton and the fact that the park lacks a 10/10 tier draw for me does put its coaster selection below Alton, in my opinion. Colossus in particular also ranks pretty lowly for me.
  3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Blackpool starts off really well, with Icon being my top coaster in the UK and firmly placed within my top 10 and 10/10 tier overall, and the breadth, variety and uniqueness of the selection is undeniable. However, if I'm talking honestly from the standpoint of my personal preferences, I'd argue that the park's coaster selection is a bit of a one-hit wonder, with Icon being the only coaster of Blackpool's that I rate overly highly. It's the only coaster at the park that makes my top 10%, my top 25% or my top 30, and only 3 of the park's 10 coasters make my top 50%. It's a somewhat weak selection overall given the size of it for me (joint with Alton for the most ridden coasters of any UK park, at 10), and there are a few coasters that rank pretty lowly in my list, but I think that is more down to my personal preferences, as the park undeniably has some impressive rides. I'm probably being overly harsh, so I'm sorry for that.
  4. Paultons Park - Paultons sits lower than the other 3 by virtue of it lacking thrilling headliners that make my top 10%, top 25% or top 30. Nonetheless, the park has a very solid, fun selection of family rides and nothing that ranks overly lowly, so I think it does a great job given the target demographic. Pterosaur and Storm Chaser are a very solid one-two punch of family thrill headliners, sitting just outside my top 30, and Cobra and Velociraptor aren't half bad, either; 4 out of the 5 coasters I've ridden at the park make my top 50%.
  5. Oakwood Theme Park - For a park of its calibre, I've always felt that Oakwood has some impressive coaster hardware. Megafobia is a great headliner, sitting solidly in my top 25% and top 30, and Speed (and possibly Treetops depending on whether I consider 49 or 50 to be the cutoff) also makes my top 50%. However, you still cannot get past the fact that the park does not have many coasters, and that Megafobia is the only coaster there that I rate particularly highly, which will inhibit it compared to the others.
  6. Drayton Manor - I'd say that there's quite a notable drop off here. If I'm being honest, I would have said that Drayton Manor's coaster selection was one of its weak links, and I think my deserted day there last June brought this to the fore for me; when I had no queues at Drayton, the lack of a great, rerideable headline coaster did stand out. The park's main thrill coaster, Shockwave, is not a ride that I personally rate, and beyond that, you have a family boomerang, a junior coaster and a relatively weak powered coaster. None of the park's 4 coasters make my top 10%, top 25% or top 30, and only 1 of the park's coasters makes my top 50%. I'm very conscious of the fact that Drayton Manor is not aimed at my age group, so I'm probably being far too harsh, but I would say that I've ridden numerous coasters for the family thrill demographic that I would rate notably higher than any of Drayton's coasters, and I've also been to parks that have what I would consider to be superior selections of family and family thrill coasters. Time will tell whether the new-for-2024 coaster improves Drayton's selection, but personally, I would have said that Drayton had a relatively weak coaster selection, if I'm being completely honest. Admittedly, the park does have a coaster in my top 50%, and there's nothing there that rates overly lowly for me, but there's also nothing there that rates especially highly for me either, and as I said, only one of the park's 4 coasters is even in the top half of my rankings.
  7. Chessington World of Adventures - I admittedly haven't been to Chessington for 9 years, but I remember my overriding feeling towards Chessington's coaster selection being very similar to my overriding feeling towards Drayton Manor's, except for the fact that Chessington has a very lowly ranking coaster for me in Rattlesnake. Granted, I will reserve judgement on Mandrill Mayhem until September, but I don't remember Chessington's coaster selection being one that I overly rated; none of the park's coasters are in my top 10%, top 25% or top 30, and only 1 of the 4 coasters I've ridden there is in my top 50%. I'm probably being overly harsh on Chessington given it's a family-focused park, but even for the demographic, I would say that I've been to parks with stronger coaster selections and ridden higher-rating family thrill coasters than any of Chessington's.
  8. West Midlands Safari Park - This park has a perfectly adequate junior coaster and a Reverchon spinner, a ride type that I rate very lowly. There's not much more to say than that, really.
  9. Legoland Windsor - I've only ridden Dragon of the coasters here, and I wouldn't have said it was an overly exceptional family coaster. There's not much more to say than that, really.
  10. South Pier Blackpool - Like with Legoland, I have only ridden one coaster here, and it's a Reverchon spinner that I rate very lowly. There's not much more to say than that, really.
It would seem that based on gut feeling, I agree a lot more with my ranking of the parks' top 3s by measures of central tendency than I would with my ranking of their whole selections by measures of central tendency. Doing measures of central tendency for the whole selection will always negatively impact a park with one or two lowly ranked coasters even if the top few are relatively strong. It also negatively impacts parks where you've ridden all of the coasters compared to parks where you've only ridden a select few of the top draws.

@Matt N Obviously hard to say at this moment in time but do you expect Nemesis to creep up your list following the re track once you’ve ridden it?

@Matt N Obviously hard to say at this moment in time but do you expect Nemesis to creep up your list following the re track once you’ve ridden it?
As you say, it's hard to tell. Part of why Nemesis doesn't sit more highly among Alton's lineup for me at present is because my last rides on it weren't the smoothest, so I could see it going up a few spots if it improves in that regard, but in general, inverted coasters aren't a ride style that tend to hit my 10/10 tier these days. I don't see it usurping Wicker Man as my favourite coaster at the park and I don't see it beating Oblivion either, put it that way.

As I can never resist a ranking, I thought I'd have a go at ranking the UK coaster selections I've done by gut feeling and explain my reasoning for each placement:
  1. Alton Towers - This is definitely top dog for me. Wicker Man is right up there in my top 10, Oblivion isn't far behind, Rita closes out the top 3 nicely, Nemesis is great, Thirteen is good fun... the park has a lot of excellent draws, and to be honest, there's not much that's overly low-ranking. 7 of the 10 coasters I've ridden in the park are in my top 50%, which is no mean feat!
  2. Thorpe Park - Thorpe has a really good, solid coaster selection; Stealth, Nemesis Inferno and Swarm all make my top 30, and 4 out of 7 of the coasters I've ridden at the park make my top 50%. However, there aren't quite as many coasters as at Alton, and unlike Alton, I think they lack a 10/10 tier draw for me at present, if I'm being really pedantic. I'm optimistic that Exodus could end up being that draw, and if it is, it will make Thorpe and Alton a slightly closer match for me. At present, though, the slightly lower quantity of coasters compared to Alton and the fact that the park lacks a 10/10 tier draw for me does put its coaster selection below Alton, in my opinion. Colossus in particular also ranks pretty lowly for me.
  3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Blackpool starts off really well, with Icon being my top coaster in the UK and firmly placed within my top 10 and 10/10 tier overall, and the breadth, variety and uniqueness of the selection is undeniable. However, if I'm talking honestly from the standpoint of my personal preferences, I'd argue that the park's coaster selection is a bit of a one-hit wonder, with Icon being the only coaster of Blackpool's that I rate overly highly. It's the only coaster at the park that makes my top 10%, my top 25% or my top 30, and only 3 of the park's 10 coasters make my top 50%. It's a somewhat weak selection overall given the size of it for me (joint with Alton for the most ridden coasters of any UK park, at 10), and there are a few coasters that rank pretty lowly in my list, but I think that is more down to my personal preferences, as the park undeniably has some impressive rides. I'm probably being overly harsh, so I'm sorry for that.
  4. Paultons Park - Paultons sits lower than the other 3 by virtue of it lacking thrilling headliners that make my top 10%, top 25% or top 30. Nonetheless, the park has a very solid, fun selection of family rides and nothing that ranks overly lowly, so I think it does a great job given the target demographic. Pterosaur and Storm Chaser are a very solid one-two punch of family thrill headliners, sitting just outside my top 30, and Cobra and Velociraptor aren't half bad, either; 4 out of the 5 coasters I've ridden at the park make my top 50%.
  5. Oakwood Theme Park - For a park of its calibre, I've always felt that Oakwood has some impressive coaster hardware. Megafobia is a great headliner, sitting solidly in my top 25% and top 30, and Speed (and possibly Treetops depending on whether I consider 49 or 50 to be the cutoff) also makes my top 50%. However, you still cannot get past the fact that the park does not have many coasters, and that Megafobia is the only coaster there that I rate particularly highly, which will inhibit it compared to the others.
  6. Drayton Manor - I'd say that there's quite a notable drop off here. If I'm being honest, I would have said that Drayton Manor's coaster selection was one of its weak links, and I think my deserted day there last June brought this to the fore for me; when I had no queues at Drayton, the lack of a great, rerideable headline coaster did stand out. The park's main thrill coaster, Shockwave, is not a ride that I personally rate, and beyond that, you have a family boomerang, a junior coaster and a relatively weak powered coaster. None of the park's 4 coasters make my top 10%, top 25% or top 30, and only 1 of the park's coasters makes my top 50%. I'm very conscious of the fact that Drayton Manor is not aimed at my age group, so I'm probably being far too harsh, but I would say that I've ridden numerous coasters for the family thrill demographic that I would rate notably higher than any of Drayton's coasters, and I've also been to parks that have what I would consider to be superior selections of family and family thrill coasters. Time will tell whether the new-for-2024 coaster improves Drayton's selection, but personally, I would have said that Drayton had a relatively weak coaster selection, if I'm being completely honest. Admittedly, the park does have a coaster in my top 50%, and there's nothing there that rates overly lowly for me, but there's also nothing there that rates especially highly for me either, and as I said, only one of the park's 4 coasters is even in the top half of my rankings.
  7. Chessington World of Adventures - I admittedly haven't been to Chessington for 9 years, but I remember my overriding feeling towards Chessington's coaster selection being very similar to my overriding feeling towards Drayton Manor's, except for the fact that Chessington has a very lowly ranking coaster for me in Rattlesnake. Granted, I will reserve judgement on Mandrill Mayhem until September, but I don't remember Chessington's coaster selection being one that I overly rated; none of the park's coasters are in my top 10%, top 25% or top 30, and only 1 of the 4 coasters I've ridden there is in my top 50%. I'm probably being overly harsh on Chessington given it's a family-focused park, but even for the demographic, I would say that I've been to parks with stronger coaster selections and ridden higher-rating family thrill coasters than any of Chessington's.
  8. West Midlands Safari Park - This park has a perfectly adequate junior coaster and a Reverchon spinner, a ride type that I rate very lowly. There's not much more to say than that, really.
  9. Legoland Windsor - I've only ridden Dragon of the coasters here, and I wouldn't have said it was an overly exceptional family coaster. There's not much more to say than that, really.
  10. South Pier Blackpool - Like with Legoland, I have only ridden one coaster here, and it's a Reverchon spinner that I rate very lowly. There's not much more to say than that, really.
It would seem that based on gut feeling, I agree a lot more with my ranking of the parks' top 3s by measures of central tendency than I would with my ranking of their whole selections by measures of central tendency. Doing measures of central tendency for the whole selection will always negatively impact a park with one or two lowly ranked coasters even if the top few are relatively strong. It also negatively impacts parks where you've ridden all of the coasters compared to parks where you've only ridden a select few of the top draws.
I would say that I pretty much agree with that.

No brainer in my eyes. Alton Towers. The 1, 2, 3 punch of the original secret weapons win it alone. But I could even argue the 4, 5, 6 of the Merlin Secret Weapons are by far the most interesting new coasters to open in the last 15 years.
Alton lacks many things right now but a strong coaster lineup is not one of them. Even acknowledging each rides floors; Oblivion is a one element ride, the first 1/3 of Th13teen is lackluster and The Smiler has not aged well ect. They all have a grandeur and prestige above anything equivalent at other parks.

It's hard to argue against AT for coaster hardware, not to say it delivers the best day out as a result but that's another question.

Thorpe is the only real competition, I suppose they can be vaguely lined up for equivalent comparisons. Now I've written it I'd say it is surprisingly close and could easily be tipped by taste.

Nemesis > Inferno
Oblivion > Saw
RMT > TWD/X
Octonaughts > Fish
Spinball and Wickerman are AT bonuses

Th13teen = Colossus

On the other hand
Stealth > Rita
Swarm > Air

I suppose if Exodus is strong enough it could quite easily tip the weighting for many to Thorpe. And then we'll have to wait and see what Horizon actually is...

It would have to be between Towers and Thorpe. Blackpool hosts 2 of my favourites, including best woodie and best steel for me, but outside of these 2 (with Nick Streak being reasonably enjoyable) there's nothing else I enjoy there.

Whereas at Towers and Alton, there's fewer coasters I don't really care much for. I can do a day at Alton giving Galactica and, of course Octonaughts a miss. I try and avoid Colossus unless it's over a 10 min queue and I don't like whatever X is supposed to be these days. But much of the rest are must do coasters.

Without Nemesis, I can't really be bothered to go to Towers again this year. So it comes down to do I prefer Oblivion, Smiler, Rita, Thirteen, RMT and Wickerman over Swarm, Inferno, Fish, Saw, Stealth.

At the bottom end, I prefer Galactica over Colossus as I actively despise the latter but just don't care much for the former.

So whittling it down to 2 parks, excluding Nemesis which would be number 1, I'd probably rank it to get the answer:

1. Saw
2. Stealth
3. Oblivion
4. Inferno
5. Swarm.
6. Wickerman
7. Smiler
8. Rita
9. Thirteen
10. Galactica
11. RMT
12. Walking Dead
13. Flying Fish
14. Octonaughts
15. Colossus

So in the absence of Nemesis, I can't conclude. Changes completely when Nemesis joins however as it's by far the best out of that list and would be an easy win for Alton. Alton's overall quality is also better. Thorpe has 2 big howlers with Colossus and Walking Dead, whereas Alton doesn't have any that completely miss the mark for me.

A top end of Nemesis, Oblivion, Wickerman and Smiler, but Nemesis isn't open so I can't include something that if you went to the park today you can't ride. Or should I? Sums up my attitude to Towers this year with Nemesis closed and what a big blow to the park it is.

People talk about Nemesis coming back placing Towers undeniably on top, but I think that Exodus could provide a very interesting trump card for Thorpe Park from next year.

If Exodus goes down really well, I honestly think that it could usurp Nemesis as the UK’s most widely revered coaster among enthusiasts. It would be premature to instantly declare that it will be the UK’s most widely revered coaster among enthusiasts, as we’ve certainly been stung in that regard before (the obscene hype for Icon comes to mind), but I certainly think that it has that potential. Even though it won’t be the longest hyper coaster in the world, it has many great looking elements and a really unique and impactful looking layout, and the layout and elements do seem to be generating a fair amount of excitement. Yes, the length is a big bone of contention for a fair few, but I honestly think that Exodus could really surprise quite a few people, particularly those who seem to be dismissing it purely on the basis of its length. Some of the elements could be very hard-hitting and impactful, I feel!

If Exodus does end up being a widely revered UK coaster that finally unseats Nemesis as arguably the UK’s most widely revered coaster among enthusiasts, then I think that the contest between Thorpe and Alton in terms of coaster lineup could become a lot closer for many.