• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which is your favourite Christian Bale Batman film?

Which Christian Nolan Batman films do you prefer?

• Batman: Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Batman: Dark Knight

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

ThemeParkJack

TS Member
Having some debate on which is the best of the three i thought it would be a good idea too have a look at you're opinions on the three titles. Please also post why you choose the one you prefer.

Re: Which is you're best Christian Bale Batman film?

Watching Batman Begins now...but it's so hard to choose :(

I wanna say Begins because it reboots the whole series so brilliantly, but then I want to say DK for the whole morality of Batman and Ledger's performance as the Joker, but THEN I want to say DKR because it ends the trilogy so well and it's an emotional roller coaster. Wahhh, I can't choose :(

The whole series haha!

American Psycho.

Oh sorry I thought you said best Christian Bale Bateman film.

The Dark Knight no doubt. It's one of, if not the best film I've ever seen. The cast, the portrayal, the script, the moralities, the complexities, the cinematography, the music - it just all comes together into a very clever and enjoyable film that satisfies you first time, but rewards you even more the second and third times.

"Which is your best Christian Bale batman film?" Not "You're"! ;)

Probably the Dark Night Rises. I'm not sure why I think it's better than The Dark Night. The suspnse is outstanding, leaving you on the edge of your seat for the whole film. :/

It's just a great film! :/

cool_boy_jon said:

cool_boy_jon said:
Dark Night Rises

cool_boy_jon said:
The suspnse

35pld1.jpg

The Dark Knight.

TDKR, for better or worse, is a mad, over the top film. It's a wonderful climax to the series, but it lacks the emotional punch and character studies of TDK, which gets it just right. It's exciting, thrilling, tense, but it's also deeper and more intelligent than TDKR, plus Ledger's portrayal of The Joker is peerless. It's a film that rises so far above its genre.

cool_boy_jon said:

Surely even "your best Christian Bale Batman film" implies that you're voting for the best one which you personally have made? :p "Your favourite Christian Bale Batman film" would be better.

Erm... well... the franchise doesn't personally interest me that much; haven't gotten around to watching Dark Knight Rises yet, even. The first two films are overlong to the point of dullness, though well-acted, which isn't really what interests me within the world of Gotham City. Besides that, I bloody well hate Christian Bale, his eternally stony emotionless face and (admittedly tabloid documented) off-camera antics irritate me.

I'd say that The Dark Knight is the better than the two Bale films that I've seen, but on a personal level I'd much rather rewatch Batman or Batman Forever, which are more enjoyable films.

*hides*

I would have to go with TDK, (closely followed by Batman begins). TDK was such a modernisation of Gotham and the Joker, with a gripping story. Ledger's performance as the Joker was stunning. This film focused on chaos, and the I feel the strongest of the trilogy. Batman begins rebooted and gave the full journey of Bruce Wayne, but to me wasn't as good as TDK. TDKR was a fair closure to the trilogy, even with some of its plot holes. One of my favourite film trilogies.

But I'd say this could be the best batman ending, (for Nolan fans) :D
The Dark Knight Alternate Ending