• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which manufacturer builds the strongest hyper coasters?

Which manufacturer builds the strongest hyper coasters?

• Total voters
Out of interest, why is it that many on this site think Hyperion is so average? I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews elsewhere on the internet, with the common consensus being that it “defecates on every B&M hyper coaster”…

I'm sure I've answered this question from you quite a few times now Matt. Danny has too. ;)

I just found it incredibly dull to be honest. The first drop is ok, then the coaster kind of meanders around doing not a whole lot. There isn't much airtime to speak of, the forces are ok but with Lech just down the road it hardly competes there, and the inversion is just a bit pointless. It's not an interesting coaster because it doesn't do any one thing particularly well. The goggles on the front row are pointless, dum, and distract from the ride experience.

Maybe it has off days and on days, I've only been once (back in October hopefully), but that in itself would be a huge negative mark against it. As I mentioned above Shambhala and Silver Star are pretty consistent (and Big One is also consistent...ly rubbish).

I'm sure I've answered this question from you quite a few times now Matt. Danny has too. ;)

I just found it incredibly dull to be honest. The first drop is ok, then the coaster kind of meanders around doing not a whole lot. There isn't much airtime to speak of, the forces are ok but with Lech just down the road it hardly competes there, and the inversion is just a bit pointless. It's not an interesting coaster because it doesn't do any one thing particularly well. The goggles on the front row are pointless, dum, and distract from the ride experience.

Maybe it has off days and on days, I've only been once (back in October hopefully), but that in itself would be a huge negative mark against it. As I mentioned above Shambhala and Silver Star are pretty consistent (and Big One is also consistent...ly rubbish).
Sorry… I’ve just always been interested because you two are the only two I’ve ever heard not like it very much.

Out of interest, why do they give you goggles on the front row? Is it like Formula Rossa or Red Force, where the park wants to prevent eye damage by small objects when you’re flying along at high speed?

Out of interest, why is it that many on this site think Hyperion is so average? I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews elsewhere on the internet, with the common consensus being that it “defecates on every B&M hypercoaster”…
@Rob?

As D4n has mentioned, we've answered this question multiple times in other threads, so feel free to refer back to those responses.

As for the "defecating on every B&M hypercoaster" statement, evidently, the people who have written such claims haven't ridden on every B&M hypercoaster; if they had, they would know they are totally different kettles of fish.

If I want overhyped speedy transitions with some air-time, then sure, I'd ride Hyperion over a B&M hyper (although there are plenty of coasters that would come before Hyperion in this respect).

If I want smooth, flowing transitions with buckets of ejector and floater air time, then a B&M hypercoaster is far, far superior. The loosest restraint I recall on a hyper will have been a superb night ride on Silver Star, where the first drop alone had more air-time than Hyperion could muster with multiple re-rides combined.

I know Fury is a giga, but that wipes the floor with Hyperion.