• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which park should I go to in Summer 2024?

Which park should I go to in Summer 2024?

• Cedar Point

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Europa Park

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland+ DisneySea)

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd do the Japan one all day long. By far the most expensive trip of the three which you may never be able to self fund yourself. It's also like 16hr flight too (with a stop as well).

Cedar point is a royal pain in the bum to get to but it's still cheaper than flying to and staying in Tokyo I imagine.

Sorry but it would absolutely have to be Cedar Point for me. As others have said you can do Europa Park under your own steam very easily on most budgets - it's also a much more sellable trip to non-enthusiasts if you wanted to go with friends etc. CP has some world-class coasters you just can't experience the like of in Europe. You only live once!

I have been convinced that this is not the trip to go to Europa Park in. It is now Cedar Point vs Tokyo Disney Resort. Feel free to give your opinion on which of these you think I should go to, if you have not already. Currently leaning towards the Tokyo Disney Resort due to the theming and the fact that there are more things to do in the area surrounding it than there are around Cedar Point.

The country I want to visit more than any other on earth is Japan but that's just a personal thing. I've loved the look of it since I was a kid. It always looks like such a creative, respectful, clean, technologically advanced and whacky place with a rich and interesting history.

I voted Tokyo but it really is between that and Cedar Point if you ask me. As others have pointed out Europa is pretty ‘local’ and much easier and cheaper to get to, you can do it on the cheap if you really wanted to whereas it’s not really possible to do that with your other options as the flights alone will be a lot. If this is a once in a lifetime event then I’d make it somewhere you are less likely to ever visit again. For me, Tokyo Disney just about gets my vote, but Cedar would be absolutely amazing too, and as your mum would like to visit Japan too I think that would seal the deal if I were in your shoes. Good luck with what ever you choose and good luck with your GCSE’s.

I voted Tokyo but it really is between that and Cedar Point if you ask me. As others have pointed out Europa is pretty ‘local’ and much easier and cheaper to get to, you can do it on the cheap if you really wanted to whereas it’s not really possible to do that with your other options as the flights alone will be a lot. If this is a once in a lifetime event then I’d make it somewhere you are less likely to ever visit again. For me, Tokyo Disney just about gets my vote, but Cedar would be absolutely amazing too, and as your mum would like to visit Japan too I think that would seal the deal if I were in your shoes. Good luck with what ever you choose and good luck with your GCSE’s.
Thanks for the well-wishes! I think I will choose Tokyo Disney but I am not 100 percent certain yet.

I hope you realise how lucky you are to have these options! :D
I certainly do! This is probably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity so I want to choose wisely!

I went home...

But on a serious note, It's your Choice @zeock don't let us tell you what to do! Sure, we can offer some advice, but you chose which park you want to do most, it's your treat after all.
The advice coming from the forum is proving very useful and has certainly helped me so far. Without it, I wouldn't be anywhere near to finalising my decision whereas now I feel very close to being able to announce the theme park I have chosen.

I went with EP on the assumption these were ideas you were going to propose to your family before any budgets had been calculated.

If these are all fully costed and your family are happy to take you to any of them then I'd definitely go with one of the other two instead.

Let's be honest out of the options Japan makes the most sense as a general family holiday.

Cedar Point is good but what else is there to do around there? Maybe Niagara Falls but I'm struggling without factoring in the big drives in between cities. I was fortunate that my parents were happy to do cred based trips in the US but can't imagine everyone's would be.

Stay in Tokyo for a week and there's tonnes to do beyond Disney. Hell if lucky can convince to do a day trip to Fuji-Q or something. It was a no brained decision.

Cedar Point is good but what else is there to do around there? Maybe Niagara Falls but I'm struggling without factoring in the big drives in between cities. I was fortunate that my parents were happy to do cred based trips in the US but can't imagine everyone's would be.
This was one of the main reasons why I have chosen not to go there.
Hell if lucky can convince to do a day trip to Fuji-Q or something. It was a no brained decision.
That would be nice! Let's just hope Do-Dodonpa is back open by then after the incidents in 2021. Nagashima Spa Land seems to also be fairly close:

Cedar Point and DisneySea are two of my favourite parks anywhere.

I know it's sacrilege around these parts but Europa shouldn't get a look in.