• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Question were all the misters built in the floor a bad design as I swear there is no where near as much low level mist/smoke as there used to be. Seems to be Just a few misters spraying out at a higher level on big bob now? Which tells me along side the fire effects they had a lot of trial and error here but good to see they are learning from there mistakes and putting things right i guess.
I feel that misters on rides in the UK are generally a bad thing. Keeping track, tech and structure perpetually wet no matter the general weather or humidity can't be the best thing. Icon, unfortunately, had it's misters turned off a while back too.

I wonder if that water was contributing to a deterioration of the track? If I recall correctly they had to do some work on the track in that area.

That would make alot of sense! I’m guessing another factor to why the screens were all taken out and replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard similar in fairness. But my point still stands. A days downtime, in my opinion is better than having an extended period of time offering half a product.
For balance Talocan’s fire effects were off when I went in July and I then saw a VLOG some months later when they were also off.

Happy to give it to Merlin where justified, and as per my post above I’m not saying it isn’t justified here, but there may be reasons for it other than their usual half arsed attitude.

WM regularly runs pretty much at capacity - the earliest they can send a train will see it on the lift passing directly over the previous one as it enters the brakes. The only reason the queue moves so slowly is FT & RAP.
I've been stopped at the top of the lift for a few seconds on multiple occasions as the train in front hadn't cleared the final brakes.