• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Before you get too excited about that let's see how it's maintenance goes in the long term.

Once sections need retracking and parts of the structure need replacing it may or may not be so smooth.

I'm a lot more excited now thinking about how much Flume space is unused and replacing sections could give an opportunity to take a much more exciting tree dodging 13esque swoop through gloomy wood.

Woodies get rougher and apparently better with age Just ask any BPB enthusiast.

I hate Grand National I'm too old for that kind of beating, but my son loves it So much so it's the first ride he went on alone, chatting up somebodies granny in the process the little lothario.

I'm a lot more excited now thinking about how much Flume space is unused and replacing sections could give an opportunity to take a much more exciting tree dodging 13esque swoop through gloomy wood.

Woodies get rougher and apparently better with age Just ask any BPB enthusiast.

I hate Grand National I'm too old for that kind of beating, but my son loves it So much so it's the first ride he went on alone, chatting up somebodies granny in the process the little lothario.

Trust me, (I am said BPB enthusiast) I know all about the Nash, I just wish they would get rid of these awful trains.....

....anyway, the Flume space can't and won't be used to fit an extension to the Wickerman, it's unlikely it will ever be home to a ride again. Section's of the flume structure still stand as dismantling them would damage the nearby tree roots. That area will just return to nature. You certainly won't see a coaster there that is for sure!

Sorry this won't happen, they will not get planning permission to add anything on the unused section of the old flume, this has already been confirmed in the initial planning application.

Trust me, (I am said BPB enthusiast) I know all about the Nash, I just wish they would get rid of these awful trains.....

....anyway, the Flume space can't and won't be used to fit an extension to the Wickerman, it's unlikely it will ever be home to a ride again. Section's of the flume structure still stand as dismantling them would damage the nearby tree roots. That area will just return to nature. You certainly won't see a coaster there that is for sure!

As much as I hate Nash my son loves it because he has young bones Totally with you there.

In reply to you and Roy, the forest section of 13 was difficult for the same reasons. I don't expect Merlin to achieve this, but it isn't beyond the realms of possibilities. I think it is more unlikely because if they could build they would go for a whole new attractiion. However a ground hugging, tree friendly extension to WM using the old Flume footprint would turn an OK woodie into a proper SW.

I should point out that the above comment was a joke. Themeparkfan seems adamant that it will be scrapped with no foundation. They're hardly going to scrap something that they've only just spent a lot of money on!

:)

I should point out that the above comment was a joke. Themeparkfan seems adamant that it will be scrapped with no foundation. They're hardly going to scrap something that they've only just spent a lot of money on!

True but they have recently started rushing the preshow and opening the doors to the startion prematurely, I asked a ride host and they said it was something to try to reduce queues.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I think they maybe do that when the station is emptying and they need more people in to fill up the bays. Otherwise it leads to either more stacking or sending a train that is not full.

I know but I'm worried, I like the preshow. However Merlin don't like things that need alot of upkeep so I'm just a little suspicious that they might scrap it after a season or two. I mean look at the state of Galactica after 2 years and smiler after 5.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I think they maybe do that when the station is emptying and they need more people in to fill up the bays. Otherwise it leads to either more stacking or sending a train that is not full.

Yep,it's one of the reasons a host I spoke mentioned.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk