• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

The reason for WM’s long queues is apparently because only 2 trains are in operation, in case anybody was wondering.

Maybe there’s some kind of problem with the 3rd, and that’s why the ride has been shut?

WM ended the day on 2 trains on Sunday following an earlier breakdown. This seems highly unlikely to be the cause of the subsequent closure - better open on low capacity than closed entirely.

Someone told me they went on it this afternoon and it was on 3 trains. So either it was on 2 trains when it had really long waits or it was just very busy

Considering it has a 120 min queue, I'd guess 2? I'm not sure there is enough queue for 3 train ops to be 2 hours

Considering it has a 120 min queue, I'd guess 2? I'm not sure there is enough queue for 3 train ops to be 2 hours
No it is on 3 trains apparently I just asked someone who did queue 2 hours. Wonder if nemesis is on 1 train though as there's no way it can be 90 on 2 right?

Lucky you.
You still turn up and join the queue though!
The queues were a bit overstated today as I timed them. This is how long I waited for each:
Smiler advertised 90 waited 74
Galactica advertised 50 waited 26
Nemesis advertised 30 waited 14
Oblivion advertised 20 waited 16

Out of interest, is it possible to get batched into row 12 on Wicker Man if you’re not an RAP user? I only ask because I’m really hoping to get a back row on my next visit, as I’ve never actually had a back row before and have only been in the very back portion of the train once (row 10 on opening weekend in 2018), but I was under the impression that the back row was now exclusively reserved for RAP users.

Is this correct?

Out of interest, is it possible to get batched into row 12 on Wicker Man if you’re not an RAP user? I only ask because I’m really hoping to get a back row on my next visit, as I’ve never actually had a back row before and have only been in the very back portion of the train once (row 10 on opening weekend in 2018), but I was under the impression that the back row was now exclusively reserved for RAP users.

Is this correct?
The merge point is before the preshow so no particular row is reserved for RAP

The merge point is before the preshow so no particular row is reserved for RAP
Ah, of course; I should have remembered that! Why is it that some people are let into the station through the side door, then; is this just people who skip the pre-show?

Am I confusing RAP with mask exempt, as I know that mask exempt riders are always allocated the back row, at least on some rides?

Ah, of course; I should have remembered that! Why is it that some people are let into the station through the side door, then; is this just people who skip the pre-show?

Am I confusing RAP with mask exempt, as I know that mask exempt riders are always allocated the back row, at least on some rides?
The preshow is not currently running so people are just queuing through it, normally people who want to skip the preshow would go through the side door (iirc).
Mask exempt do have to take the back row.

Is this correct?
Row 12 is reserved for wheelchair users so if there is no wheelchair party ahead of you youll be in with a chance. I know this as when visiting with my cousin we are on rows 11 and 12 as a 4 every single time.

Good to know; cheers, all! Glad to know I could be in with a chance of getting a back row ride; I’ve always wanted one, because most say that they considerably prefer WM in the back 2-3 rows, and most of my recent rides have been in the front half of the train!

Granted, my rides in July 2020 were in row 8 and row 9, which I guess is kind of near the back, but I’d call that more “middle-to-back”, than properly “the back”; the only time I’ve ever come close to “the back” was the ride’s opening weekend back in March 2018, when I rode in row 10, and strangely, I’d actually say that was the weakest ride I’ve had on WM, in hindsight; the ride has felt so much faster in recent times now it’s bedded in a bit! I’d like to ride near the back again now that the ride has bedded in a bit; my rides in July 2020, that were “middle-to-back” (row 8/9) felt crazily fast, and are easily my favourite rides I’ve ever had on Wicker Man, so I can only imagine that the very back feels even faster!

In terms of how I’d rank the 5 separate occasions I’ve ridden Wicker Man on, I’d go with something like this:
  1. July 2020 (rows 8 & 9)
  2. April 2021 (row 1)
  3. August 2018 (row 3)
  4. September 2018 (row 1)
  5. March 2018 (row 10)

Good to know; cheers, all! Glad to know I could be in with a chance of getting a back row ride; I’ve always wanted one, because most say that they considerably prefer WM in the back 2-3 rows, and most of my recent rides have been in the front half of the train!

Granted, my rides in July 2020 were in row 8 and row 9, which I guess is kind of near the back, but I’d call that more “middle-to-back”, than properly “the back”; the only time I’ve ever come close to “the back” was the ride’s opening weekend back in March 2018, when I rode in row 10, and strangely, I’d actually say that was the weakest ride I’ve had on WM, in hindsight; the ride has felt so much faster in recent times now it’s bedded in a bit! I’d like to ride near the back again now that the ride has bedded in a bit; my rides in July 2020, that were “middle-to-back” (row 8/9) felt crazily fast, and are easily my favourite rides I’ve ever had on Wicker Man, so I can only imagine that the very back feels even faster!

In terms of how I’d rank the 5 separate occasions I’ve ridden Wicker Man on, I’d go with something like this:
  1. July 2020 (rows 8 & 9)
  2. April 2021 (row 1)
  3. August 2018 (row 3)
  4. September 2018 (row 1)
  5. March 2018 (row 10)
Row 12 is hands down the best rest on Wicker Man but you feel the same sort of pull/speed from about row 9 (possibly row 8?) backwards I'd say.