Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
This should hopefully allow the ride to run more smoothly, as I know that the restrictiveness of the restraints and the ensuing checks and rechecks as a result of people often not fitting are somewhat of a bottleneck preventing completely smooth operations at present.

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Interestingly, I think Wicker Man might be the first Merlin coaster (or at very least, the first Towers coaster built under Merlin) to actually have a test seat… I wonder why Thirteen and Smiler don’t have them?

pluk

TS Member
I'd be surprised I that little lap bar was regularly restrictive or prohibitive to guests. I'm a big lad and it's easily comfortable. Are oversize guests really cause regualr holdups on Wickerman?

Although test seats are excellent and should bebstandard on every coaster really.

Sambiasso

TS Member
I'd be surprised I that little lap bar was regularly restrictive or prohibitive to guests. I'm a big lad and it's easily comfortable. Are oversize guests really cause regualr holdups on Wickerman?

Although test seats are excellent and should bebstandard on every coaster really.
I'm a big lad and well over 6ft, Wickerman and Collosus are the only 2 rides I've struggled to get on.

It's extremely difficult to ride WM as a 2 as I'm just to big, As a result I now ride it single rider and use the space to put one of my legs so i fit no problem.

As for Collosus....once was enough!

Hitting Mingo next week for the first time and hoping that the coasters there don't cause me any problems.

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)

I don’t know whether I just strike it at the right times, but I quite often see at least one person being turned away from it, or at least one person having their bar rechecked, when I ride.

Vicki

TS Member
Possibly a daft question, but I'm not too clued up on how these things work. How does the heat affect Wicker Man? Heading on park this weekend for a couple of days and would be interested to know.

Danscott22

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
Possibly a daft question, but I'm not too clued up on how these things work. How does the heat affect Wicker Man? Heading on park this weekend for a couple of days and would be interested to know.
I would imagine faster but maybe a little rougher as well?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
I’d assume heat will warm it up such that it runs a bit faster. That’s often the case with coasters, particularly woodies.