• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Out of interest, is Wicker Man having problems with people taking bags into the station or something?

I noticed that they were running copious announcements about loose articles not being permitted on Wicker Man, and at one point, a staff member even came over the tannoy to remind the entire ride area that the ride had a baggage hold system… is this a particular issue at the moment?

Out of interest, is Wicker Man having problems with people taking bags into the station or something?

I noticed that they were running copious announcements about loose articles not being permitted on Wicker Man, and at one point, a staff member even came over the tannoy to remind the entire ride area that the ride had a baggage hold system… is this a particular issue at the moment?
Noticed that too on my visit on Wednesday and the queue was empty then. Think it's just a new announcement reminding people to not take anything past the baggage bit

I'd say it's their best investment since 1994, the quality of the theming, queue, preshow, station etc. Is far above anything else we have on park it's definitely the standout attraction in terms of overall quality.

It is also running very well the ride itself, definitely enjoyed my rides on it this year more than ever.

I'd say it's their best investment since 1994, the quality of the theming, queue, preshow, station etc. Is far above anything else we have on park it's definitely the standout attraction in terms of overall quality.

It is also running very well the ride itself, definitely enjoyed my rides on it this year more than ever.
Agreed Smiler and Nemesis are better rides but nothing comes close to Wicker man in terms of overall experience

Wicker Man was running better than it ever has when I went a couple of weeks ago. That and the theming makes it a close second behind Nemesis for me.

Absolutely my second favourite on park but that does maybe say something about some of the other thrill coasters if a family GCI ranks to high at the park. The layout is fun, even despite a couple dead spots like the flat turn (still find it curious as to what their idea or inspiration for that was as it’s not a GCI thing at all to do flat turns. However I do think it lacks airtime for a wooden coaster, it’s only really the back row where I seem to get a couple pops.

However I do think it lacks airtime for a wooden coaster, it’s only really the back row where I seem to get a couple pops.
I would have said that last year but I was getting over 5 seconds of total airtime wherever I was sitting last visit.

I would have said that last year but I was getting over 5 seconds of total airtime wherever I was sitting last visit.
I think for me it’s been more the fact since I’ve experienced some new coasters abroad that are packed with a lot more airtime so when I got back to going on wicker man it felt so much more tame compared. It does have pops of airtime in places like the first drop and drop off the flat turn but only seem to get it in the back few rows myself.

I think the thing with wickerman is the fact that it is a well designed package. The queue has an initial cattle pen,a nd then lets it wonder around the ride, allowing you to soak up the atmosphere whilst feeling like you are actually going somewhere. The centrepiece is large, imposing and visually pleasing, especialy with the special effects. The preshow is well set up, with audio, scents and well considered lighting in the batching area, as well as a clearly communicated and easily understandable story in the preshow, and an excellent piece of projection mapping. The ride then is well batched, the lack of bags means a quick turnaround, and is a solid, varied, well designed ride. It delivers a thrilling, and surprisingly out of control experience, and then ends in a clear and ordered manner, that leves you pleased with the ride. A good job well done by merlin magic making.

The ride then is well batched, the lack of bags means a quick turnaround, and is a solid, varied, well designed ride.
The turnaround of guests is quick, the turnaround is anything but well designed !

Fabulous package overall though.

Everything that Thirteen should have been
I think Th13teen does it’s job well, as does Wickerman. They both have their roles in the lineup. I’d consider Th13teen a possible step to Wicker man as most guests seem to go into Wicker Man underestimating it.

I think Th13teen does it’s job well, as does Wickerman. They both have their roles in the lineup. I’d consider Th13teen a possible step to Wicker man as most guests seem to go into Wicker Man underestimating it.
It should have been but the creepy theme ruins that. Alot of kids are scared of Th13teen's theming when they would quite happily ride the actual track part.

It should have been but the creepy theme ruins that. Alot of kids are scared of Th13teen's theming when they would quite happily ride the actual track part.
Vampire has similarly creepy theming, despite the fact that many children who would be too small for Th13teen ride that happily. What scares one child may not scare another. Personally, I think that Th13teen is a good step into Wicker Man.

Last edited:
My 7 year old son loves Wickerman, having ridden it twice now, but won't try Th13teen yet as he thinks it's too scary, obviously its only the theming that's putting him off.