• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Definitely think we're seeing snippets of the Official Trailer.

Ha, I think you're right, and this is exactly what I expected the campaign to involve. Young people leaving their regular lives, throwing away their phones and so on, in order to give themselves to the Wicker Man.

Just getting that pitch in last minute in order to prove my untapped marketing genius!

I would personally like to queue for this when I first ride provided queues aren't too long, but I think my Dad wants to Fastrack it if Fastrack is available. Is One Shot Fastrack available for Wicker Man, or is it only included in the premium packages? Seem to remember Smiler's One Shot FT being about £10 per person.

I would personally like to queue for this when I first ride provided queues aren't too long, but I think my Dad wants to Fastrack it if Fastrack is available. Is One Shot Fastrack available for Wicker Man, or is it only included in the premium packages? Seem to remember Smiler's One Shot FT being about £10 per person.
Think it’s just Gold £55 & Platinum £95 that offer Wicker man, ask at Box Office they’ll know.

Think it’s just Gold £55 & Platinum £95 that offer Wicker man, ask at Box Office they’ll know.

They have replied to people on Twitter stating its only part of certain packages ie Gold/Platinum. Let’s see how long that lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is no one shot fast track available for Wicker Man, and I strongly recommend going through the normal queue as the views of the ride are awesome. You can't see that much from the FT queue.

Just get there early and go on it during ert if you can. :)

Didn't they sell one-time Fastrack for The Smiler a few months after opening? I bought a £10 Fastrack for The Smiler, think it was in October 2013 although if my memory fails it may have been 2014. Certain it was the year The Smiler opened though. Is so, same could happen with Wicker Man, £10 Fastrack on offer by Scarefest/Fireworks.

Just got in after a long cold day. So happy I went though.

I won't spoil anything for anyone but my word have they pulled it off. Every single aspect of it is stunning. The pre show is Disney / Universal standard its really that good. The ride itself is fun and a lot more intense and thrilling than you're expecting.

I think I have a new number 1 fav at the park. Just taking the actual coaster itself id still pick Nemmy anyday but the whole package of Wickerman is stunning and that's what does it for me.

Still amazed I got on first train. 3 hr wait but I still managed 3 rides on nemmy, 2 galactica, 1 Blivy and 1 Smiler.

Can't wait to go back in a few weeks for some more. :)

Somone's vlog from earlier today:

The video confirms that riders do go straight from the pre-show to the boarding gates (1:11). :)

Contains spoilers! You Have Been Warned.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to be measuring most of my aware life in terms of Secret Weapon openings, so this is always an exciting and yes, even oddly thought provoking occasion that sends me down other avenues of memories and reflection....

Whatever else lays ahead this season and in the near future, it looks like Alton have finally nailed it with this ride. Can't wait to be chosen. :)

I only got one ride. Could have rejoined the queue after being first on but I didn't fancy another 2hr wait after already waiting 3hrs.

I just watched it for 10 mins talking to all the park Executives. They seemed very pleased with my own review of it.

That pin badge for first riders was a nice touch too. Not something I collect (love a good fridge magnet though) but I shall keep that one for sure.

Hopefully all future Secret Weapons will be as well themed as Wicker Man! (i know that is a big ask)

This post really does show how much opinions have changed in regards to this project, a year ago people were complaining that this was a misuse of the SW name, and didnt deserve to be considered in the same league as the other secret weapons.

Fast forward to now and people are seeing it as the benchmark for future secret weapons in terms of theming. It's funny how times change.

Completely agree though, the theming is impeccable. And tbh just the ride on it's own sits at no.2 for me at AT behind Nemesis.

people were complaining that this was a misuse of the SW name
I've got to love how people were like 'Oh, This coaster is looks awful it doesn't deserve the SW tag' to 'It's one of the best rides in the park!'. I find it amusing. :D

Hopefully all future Secret Weapons will be as well themed as Wicker Man! (i know that is a big ask)
To be perfectly honest. I disagree.
If all of the SW's are to WM's standard of theming then after a while the park will have so my immersive attractions that the whole point of immersive rides cancels itself out and they lose impact but at no point am I saying that they should do a Cedar Fair or Six Flags and have ugly concrete and no theming though.

This has certainly set the bar high. Hopefully this kind of theming can be pulled off in future, not just with the Secret Weapons but with all future projects at Towers.

It's not even just the great theming with Wicker Man, it's the quality of everything, not something we've seen from previous Merlin projects at Towers which have all looked cheap to say the least.

I really hope this will be a turning point and gear towards more highly themed, great quality attractions/rides/areas in the near future.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest. I disagree.
If all of the SW's are to WM's standard of theming then after a while the park will have so my immersive attractions that the whole point of immersive rides cancels itself out and they lose impact but at no point am I saying that they should do a Cedar Fair or Six Flags and have ugly concrete and no theming though.
That's as it should be. It's a theme park, there should be theming and immersion on every major ride. Disney and the likes of Europa Park and Phantasialand pull it off just fine, Towers have shown they can with Wicker Man. May it continue going forwards!