• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Also final point on the ride.....there was a lot of talk about the restraints and fitting on the ride. I'm 6ft 4 and had no issues with the restraints at all. However there's not a lot of leg room at all. My feet were on an angle to fit in. Not the most comfortable of positions but not the worst. Anyone tall or with long legs like me might feel a tad squashed.

Didn't ruin it at all for me though.

I'm 6'2" and have always struggled with Th13rteen (legs at an angle, to fit), so I'll have to see about WM. It's not even like being 6ft+ is uncommon - in fact it's extremely common and probably the average for an adult male, yet these rides don't seem to take that into account. But I understand there's only so much they can do.

I'm 6'2" and have always struggled with Th13rteen (legs at an angle, to fit), so I'll have to see about WM. It's not even like being 6ft+ is uncommon - in fact it's extremely common and probably the average for an adult male, yet these rides don't seem to take that into account. But I understand there's only so much they can do.
Yeah, I'm the same. I'll be absolutely gutted if I don't fit on Wicker Man.

I've not been on Wicker Man yet, however have not known serious issues with people not being able to ride other GCI woodies. I don't think people need to worry (unless you are as tall as Peter Crouch!).

:)

I was lucky to ride Wickerman yesterday, and just wanted to say what a fantastic ride.

It is a complete experience, something that Merlin have never really paid for before. It doesn't have to be the most elaborate in the world, because what it does do, it does extremely well. It's just got a huge fun factor.

Full of surprises. No wordy backstory being told to you on queueline screens, just a really great build up, with a fab theme, memorable moments that hit the spot and a coaster that (despite the short layout) really cooks. I love those drops. You come off loving it.

It's what The Smiler and Thirteen were going for in terms of 'themed' coasters, but never got there. I hope Wickerman proves that investing that bit extra in completeness and quality really pays off.

Absolutely brilliant fun!

Last edited:
Wrap one foot behind the other. It's what I did yesterday and just about got my legs in. No way would I have fit on without doing that. They don't give you a lot of wiggle room.

Do you think it's likely that Wicker Man will operate tomorrow? I'm considering having a day off and going there to give it a try.

Do you think it's likely that Wicker Man will operate tomorrow? I'm considering having a day off and going there to give it a try.

I believe it's meant to operate consistently from now on with the official opening ceremony happening on Saturday.

I believe it's meant to operate consistently from now on with the official opening ceremony happening on Saturday.

According to tweets Towers are putting out it won't be open on Friday (and extrapolating, also likely Thursday):

According to tweets Towers are putting out it won't be open on Friday (and extrapolating, also likely Thursday):

Seems a bit... odd? Unless they are saying that to keep numbers down. However those that were going to visit Friday but chose not to would be extremely annoyed if it does :p

They also said this about yesterday, but low and behold it opened.

I don't think they're actually "allowed" to say it's open until Saturday due to multiple reasons involving Marketing, Checking the ride will run due to current temperatures etc.

They also said this about yesterday, but low and behold it opened.

I don't think they're actually "allowed" to say it's open until Saturday due to multiple reasons involving Marketing, Checking the ride will run due to current temperatures etc.

Previously they were just saying it was "unlikely" to open, sometimes "unlikely to open this morning" (regarding yesterday), but this is a pretty clear and specific message with an exact full date.

I think we may see it open again Thursday for a few hrs for another sneak preview like yesterday (still buzzing even now) but it seems pretty conclusive they aren't opening it on Friday. Maybe because they are prepping for the ceremony.

Be gutted if you don't get to ride it Friday but it does seem like they are being rather upfront on it.