• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Even Wodan first thing is a bit meh, so no surprise this is as well...

Also seems a shame that it's done a Thirteen, where it's seemingly best experienced at night; where the park is only technically open for about 2 weeks a year...

They no longer care about guest satisfaction, all they care about is keeping the shareholders happy.
You can't over simplify the complexity of the business like that. Shareholders are happy when you produce sufficient revenue against your costs to make a profit. If people don't come to your park and have a good time, they will spend less and not return. To suggest the two things exist independent of each other is economic nonsense.

You can't over simplify the complexity of the business like that. Shareholders are happy when you produce sufficient revenue against your costs to make a profit. If people don't come to your park and have a good time, they will spend less and not return. To suggest the two things exist independent of each other is economic nonsense.

Very true, baffles me why Merlin don’t understand that.

I think this is the best picture to summarise this weekend.
DZIhJGCXcAAMZQ4

Credit to @smurst on Twitter.

Happy riding folks! (It's down again by the way)

Sounds like it's been an absolute disaster this weekend but for the small ray of light in what was the impromptu night time riding last night.

They certainly needed a smooth start to the 2018 season and it's been anything but so far.

I still think once it all settles down though everything will be fine. I waited 3hrs on Tuesday on the unofficial opening day but I won't wait half that ever again I don't reckon.

I still down get this downtime it’s tested fine from what we can see the soft opening went well - what’s it all about? It’s a simple ride!

I wouldn't say it's a simple ride at all. Modern woodies have more sensors and electronics than the oldies at likes of Blackpool. WM also has a variety of special effects too.

Teething problems is all it will be. Once they know what's causing it they will work to rectify it but it might take a week or so before it all calms down.

I still down get this downtime it’s tested fine from what we can see the soft opening went well - what’s it all about? It’s a simple ride!

I’m completely guessing here but it seems there are two issues, one is the restraints which I have no idea why they are having issue as they are the same as other GCI’s.

With the parking Wickerman seems to try and park much slicker than other GCI’s which have a stop-start parking method whereas WM moves fluid into the station and only stops at the parking point.

I suspect that they have tried to be clever and improve parking efficiency and as the trains have started to speed up over time this is backfiring.

But that just a guess

The effects in the shed seem to trigger fine if you don’t stack but once you stack it gets a bit off.

I was fortunate enough to get on this morning in the short time it was up and running. Was outside the park entrance around 8:45 and got on just before 12 - the ride finally opened after 11. It’s down again now, staff at the entrance saying it’s unlikely to open again today.

Doesn't look like things are going to get better for the park. This issue on WM may not be a quick fix and there's a possibility of another mini snow storm on the way.

I know is it won't come as any surprise to anyone but the park is getting an absolute battering on social media. So many complaints gone in.

You have to feel for them a bit with WM but it's a bit concerning how many problems other rides are having too. Hex, 13, Rita already this season are having plenty of issues.

And the fact they've apparently only got 1 functioning train for their star thrill coaster,Nemmy, is a bit worrying also.

They do seem to be a utter mess. Is it soley down to budgets being cut do we think?

I know is it won't come as any surprise to anyone but the park is getting an absolute battering on social media. So many complaints gone in.

You have to feel for them a bit with WM but it's a bit concerning how many problems other rides are having too. Hex, 13, Rita already this season are having plenty of issues.

And the fact they've apparently only got 1 functioning train for their star thrill coaster,Nemmy, is a bit worrying also.

They do seem to be a utter mess. Is it soley down to budgets being cut do we think?

Early season is always dodgy for ride availability but you can’t help but speculate that the stripping back of budgets is having an effect.

In a word, Yes.

First rode Wickerman Friday Morning and got off thinking it was good but nothing spectacular, had another ride towards the front and was slightly more impressed and then rode at the back and was blown away, especially that first drop, it reminds me of Nemesis with the way it transfers from a slow gentle drop into a big monster of a drop.

I have found riding on the right hand side towards the back gives the best experience, when it's been Running all day I find it overall a better experience than Nemesis.